Genuine question, when will going to the match be the same as we once knew it.

Amberram

For the economy, for public morale...concerts, theatres, sports events have to come back. 

They can use track and trace, wearing masks, no sale of food, temperature checks, point out its outside so transmission is low... 

I think limited numbers in Oct, normal after Xmas. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pondering life going back to normal earlier and I can hardly imagine it. Not just football, but every little thing. The cinema, walking through town, a proper night out, birthday partys, Christmas gatherings, etc etc all of it seems so far off being reality!

I reckon the start of 2021/22 being when it’s truly back to normal at pride park sadly

23 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Borris said he wants to see full stadiums again and frankly people need grounds fully open and people who work in them.

Borris says what people want to hear not what is going to happen. We will have to wait until we get a vaccine or we get herd imunity or several clubs go under and public opinion/pressure sway the government (unlikely). In other words it might be a while... 

Once there’s a vaccine for sure, but maybe before if cases don’t translate into illness and hospital admissions because of cross immunity etc. - but I guess the Gov would want Winter over to have full confidence in that. So for it be second half of the 20/21 season we’d need a vaccine success November time I guess...

2 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Borris says what people want to hear not what is going to happen. We will have to wait until we get a vaccine or we get herd imunity or several clubs go under and public opinion/pressure sway the government (unlikely). In other words it might be a while... 

They are ending goverment support by october and not willing to extend it so for me clubs will have no choice but to open all grounds fully. And for me might as well as no one does socail distancing anymore.

21 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

They are ending goverment support by october and not willing to extend it so for me clubs will have no choice but to open all grounds fully. And for me might as well as no one does socail distancing anymore.

I do

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

You might do but so do me mum and dad but good 95 percent popuration does not.

The lady in the co op the other day did, she pointed to the arrows on the floor when I nipped back along the fridges for some sausage.

My lad is in Cornwall this week. He booked last year. He said it is a nightmare. Hardly any social distancing and having to queue to get food for nearly an hour. He was waiting somewhere and this bloke stood so close my lad could feel his breath on the back of his neck! He told the bloke to move away. If this is how people are behaving I worry that we will have a second wave and subsequent lockdown. People giving false names and addresses in pubs for contact tracing is selfish and idiotic. Can't see us getting back to normal until we have an efficient vaccine or many more people have died and we have herd immunity. Wouldn't it be great if the virus just burned out! Sorry to be so pessimistic.

Early next year, I reckon. Almost certainly with masks and other precautions.

I was thinking the other day about when we could go about normal life without COVID even crossing our minds - like not even a consideration. Crazy to think that it could be another year or 18 months away.

4 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

As soon as the Oxford Vaccine is rolled out and we are all immune to Covid 19. Then it’s all down to how China improve their food hygiene practices.

By March 2021 as an estimate.

The Chinese will not improve their hygiene practices........they will continue in their disgusting way, sadly 

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

You might do but so do me mum and dad but good 95 percent popuration does not.

Disagree that 95% dont.

Of course its going to be made to look worse by the images in the media, but thats what the media do in this country, they have headline grabbing stories that try and make out something is the norm when it isnt.

Its easy to see a picture of a packed beach and think everyone is doing that but I still believe that its the selfish, thoughtless minority that are not sticking to the rules.

8 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

The Chinese will not improve their hygiene practices........they will continue in their disgusting way, sadly 

The British and Americans also use and house animals on an industrial scale which increases the chances of viruses crossing species. The antibiotic use in western agriculture is also likely to lead to a heath crisis. Its by no means just about hygiene or the Chinese. Don't get me started on pesticide use...point is we are failing to connect how the unchecked power in global  corporations means rampant exploitation of our earth and health.  Let's not blame one nation we are all mired in this.

We are going to see more and more viruses and we have already seen chronic health conditions rise in the past 30 years. Distancing, vaccines are wazzing in the wind I'm afraid.

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, rammieib said:

January.

When they realise these mass outdoor events won’t cause transmission but I think wearing masks may be required.

I said at the start i felt sitting outdoors in a stadium i probably had less chance of catching it than other places. I guess its all the bits that sit outside of this, fans packing into pubs on the way to or from matches, packed concourses enjoying their pre match pint and pie...

One in one out in the toilets might also be somewhat problematic.

I think it could be done, you would have to rely on responsible pub landlords, not like the fella in Stone who let his pub get packed and dozens of people catching Covid 19. Potentially restrict the numbers on concourses, have a properly controlled system for accessing toilets.

I think the bit sat watching the match is the easy part.

For me if we had 25 k in PP the majority of fans would be fine, its just that minority which we know exist that would want to get tanked up before the match and put others at risk because they cant be bothered to follow the rules themselves.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

One in one out in the toilets might also be somewhat problematic.

I think it could be done, you would have to rely on responsible pub landlords, not like the fella in Stone who let his pub get packed and dozens of people catching Covid 19. Potentially restrict the numbers on concourses, have a properly controlled system for accessing toilets.

Any fan entering the ground must wear a nappy and bring their own alcohol. 

Nappy checks on arrival, anyone found not to be wearing one will have to lay down on a changing mat next to the turnstile and have one put on by the designated nappy steward. 

Money is starting to talk much louder than safety. I can see 1/2 stadium attendances (just season ticket holders maybe) in a few months, and it creeping up to near normal for the season after.

Was thinking about all these league one clubs moaning, no reason Burton shouldn't have their average attendance back almost immediately, as they only usually get 50% capacity anyway. 

Archived