Genuine question, when will going to the match be the same as we once knew it.

Amberram

This whole topic is frustrating the life out of me. 

I understand it’s difficult with large venues that are used to large crowds, and that it may be a while before we are at Pride Park. Frankly, I’m ok with that. It takes as long as it takes. 

However, the bit that gets me is the inconsistencies. For example, Snooker is allowed some fans in, which is indoors, and they’re not wearing masks. Yet non-league football clubs who are used to crowds of 3/400 people cannot allow anyone in.

Non-league clubs desperately need our money and it’s very very easy to socially distance yourself from other spectators around a pitch with even a larger crowd than 3 or 400. Just last week Belper had an away friendly whereby numerous people were watching the game, socially distanced, from a nearby road bridge. The only difference to being there and at the side of the pitch being not paying for entry - which is badly needed. 

The daftest thing of all is they could open the bar in the clubhouse and have people in drinking, but they can’t go outside and stand further apart to watch the game. The FA are killing the game. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Anyone else waiting on Mel to announce the opening of the world's biggest bar which just happens to have a fantastic view of the pitch?

That’s actually a good point, ok fans are not allowed in stadiums but could they not serve food and drinks in the Pedigree suite/Igor bar on match day without allowing fans outside into the seating areas?

Just now, David said:

That’s actually a good point, ok fans are not allowed in stadiums but could they not serve food and drinks in the Pedigree suite/Igor bar on match day without allowing fans outside into the seating areas?

Saw something the other day with 3 or 4 Premier League clubs want to do beer delivery to seats.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

This whole topic is frustrating the life out of me. 

I understand it’s difficult with large venues that are used to large crowds, and that it may be a while before we are at Pride Park. Frankly, I’m ok with that. It takes as long as it takes. 

However, the bit that gets me is the inconsistencies. For example, Snooker is allowed some fans in, which is indoors, and they’re not wearing masks. Yet non-league football clubs who are used to crowds of 3/400 people cannot allow anyone in.

Non-league clubs desperately need our money and it’s very very easy to socially distance yourself from other spectators around a pitch with even a larger crowd than 3 or 400. Just last week Belper had an away friendly whereby numerous people were watching the game, socially distanced, from a nearby road bridge. The only difference to being there and at the side of the pitch being not paying for entry - which is badly needed. 

The daftest thing of all is they could open the bar in the clubhouse and have people in drinking, but they can’t go outside and stand further apart to watch the game. The FA are killing the game. 

Its the government's decision.

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Plus quite close togather I dont see why not football fans can go back to normal then with out masks.

You don’t want to catch it, do you?

if your dad caught it, being older he might have a 10-20% chance of dying from it. You don’t want that do you? 

On 15/08/2020 at 09:58, Paul71 said:

I wonder also how many fans, possibly older ones, wont bother anyway.

My Dad has pretty much said its probably done for him, the old guy who sits next to him who is the same age has said its made his mind up and wont bother again. Then that has a knock on effect for people like me, do i have a season ticket and go on my own which would just be weird, or do I watch with my Dad on Rams Tv, assuming that its continued to be shown on there (or we jump on a short flight to wherever its being shown).

My gut feeling is I will watch with my Dad, hopefully i will be able to persuade him to still go to selected games.

How many tickets to fly abroad to watch the game on TV will it take before you have spent more than a season ticket? ?

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Anyone else waiting on Mel to announce the opening of the world's biggest bar which just happens to have a fantastic view of the pitch?

2 hours ago, David said:

I may be totally wrong here, but I'm under the impression that a law currently stands... specifically for football, I believe, but no idea how far down the leagues it applies to... banning the consumption of alcohol in view of the pitch (during a game).  This includes therefore, standing behind a plate glass window of executive boxes/lounges etc, with a pint in the hand.

Unlike PPS, some stadiums have access tunnels direct from the concourse at or close to pitch level.  I have seen such areas "hatched off" as non-alcohol zones, for this very reason, at away grounds, albeit a good few years back now.

All that being said, laws can of course be changed and/or over-ridden for special circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I may be totally wrong here, but I'm under the impression that a law currently stands... specifically for football, I believe, but no idea how far down the leagues it applies to... banning the consumption of alcohol in view of the pitch (during a game).  This includes therefore, standing behind a plate glass window of executive boxes/lounges etc, with a pint in the hand.

Unlike PPS, some stadiums have access tunnels direct from the concourse at or close to pitch level.  I have seen such areas "hatched off" as non-alcohol zones, for this very reason, at away grounds, albeit a good few years back now.

All that being said, laws can of course be changed and/or over-ridden for special circumstances. 

Ok, everyone agree not to look at the pitch during the game ?

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

How many tickets to fly abroad to watch the game on TV will it take before you have spent more than a season ticket? ?

Yeah im anticipating get plenty of frequent flyer miles

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

You don’t want to catch it, do you?

if your dad caught it, being older he might have a 10-20% chance of dying from it. You don’t want that do you? 

Well your more in danger in a snooker hall but in football stadiums your outsids and like goverment your less danger outside.

From today's Guardian -

September test events for fans at stadiums

The English Football League is in discussions with the government and the sports grounds safety authority (SGSA) about staging test events next month as the prospect of supporters returning to stadiums edges closer.

The league, together with the department for digital, culture, media and sport (DCMS) and SGSA has been working with Charlton and Cambridge to devise protocols for a phased return of fans. Matches were played behind closed doors when the Championship season restarted in June but Oliver Dowden, the culture secretary, hopes fans can return with social distancing measures in place in October.

Charlton’s League One match at home to Doncaster on 19 September has been targeted as a test event but it is likely other games could be used as test events before then. Charlton’s stadium has a capacity of 27,111 and it is hoped between 6,000-8,500 supporters could attend matches in October.

So it looks like around a third of the stadium will be open to fans at the most when the phased return for live spectators kicks in. I was waiting until nearer the early bird deadline to renew and wasn't able to renew when the club decided to stop sales as has mentioned on here before, the club had probably got around 11000 sold, knew they wouldn't be allowed to have any more in the ground and then stopped selling. 

Well really hacked me off that sky and bt sports are not allowing show games yet goverment twindling there thumps I saw thousands people not wearing masks inside intu no different to going to games now I am feeling ripped off and by the way none league clubs allowing fans back in there so why cant rest leagues allowed in. Grrr grrrr grrrr grrrr

On 15/08/2020 at 09:58, Paul71 said:

Then that has a knock on effect for people like me, do i have a season ticket and go on my own which would just be weird, or do I watch with my Dad on Rams Tv, assuming that its continued to be shown on there (or we jump on a short flight to wherever its being shown).

I have a ST and go on my own ?

On 17/08/2020 at 13:25, Mucker1884 said:

He’s right. 

Sith Happens
59 minutes ago, Anna said:

I have a ST and go on my own ?

I don't have an issue going on my own,  it's the time I spend with my Dad  it's a thing we do together. 

Archived