Genuine question, when will going to the match be the same as we once knew it.

Amberram

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I don't have an issue going on my own,  it's the time I spend with my Dad  it's a thing we do together. 

I sit on my own, just spend time before and after with the old man and mates in the pub ??

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The 2500 were selected based on how many times they had been to watch Brighton over a set amount of time, I can see there being some bitter lemons on here once we start doing the same

Do you mean “if” rather than “once”?

My sister has a ST at Leicester and they plan to allocate tickets by ballot. 

I still think Derby will let in all those that have renewed already initially (assuming they didn’t sell more than the reduced capacity before sales were suspended) with any surplus perhaps being sold on the same basis as a Brighton today.

Think it’s a given that some will be upset on how the club handle limited attendances. 

You have fans that have been season ticket holders since 1884, others that don’t but have spent thousands attending games from across Europe. 

You see it when we go to Wembley it play away at grounds that can only fit 500 away fans, so many feel hard done by. 

Would a ballot be fair for those that renewed their season tickets before they were suspended, rewarded for renewing with no idea when we would even be allowed back?

2 hours ago, David said:

Think it’s a given that some will be upset on how the club handle limited attendances. 

You have fans that have been season ticket holders since 1884, others that don’t but have spent thousands attending games from across Europe. 

You see it when we go to Wembley it play away at grounds that can only fit 500 away fans, so many feel hard done by. 

Would a ballot be fair for those that renewed their season tickets before they were suspended, rewarded for renewing with no idea when we would even be allowed back?

People didn't pay £350-500 to be entered into a lottery, so no, not without finding a way to adequately compensate those who miss out.

A free pass for Rams TV for the game probably wouldn't be enough, good as it is, and some of them may even already be paying for a subscription anyway, so wouldn't be gaining anything?

18 minutes ago, Coconut said:

People didn't pay £350-500 to be entered into a lottery, so no, not without finding a way to adequately compensate those who miss out.

A free pass for Rams TV for the game probably wouldn't be enough, good as it is, and some of them may even already be paying for a subscription anyway, so wouldn't be gaining anything?

I doubt there is any prospect that if there was some kind of ballot approach, as they seem to be doing at Leicester, and if you were not one of the lucky it's just tough. I'm sure it would be: if you're lucky you get a ticket, if you're not, you get either a refund or a partial refund + RamsTV.

But, as I've said before, I think is only a possible option if they didn't manage to suspend sales early enough.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I doubt there is any prospect that if there was some kind of ballot approach, as they seem to be doing at Leicester, and if you were not one of the lucky it's just tough. I'm sure it would be: if you're lucky you get a ticket, if you're not, you get either a refund or a partial refund + RamsTV.

Got to be a equal split of the sexes etc to keep everyone happy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think for the first 2 or 3 games, people who do get in will sit in their own seats. There are 3 reasons for this 

a) I reckon the first couple of attendances will be small. Maybe between 5 and 10%

b) As a major part of risk would be gueueing to get in and getting to your seat, there is some sense in putting people in familiar surroundings, so you aren't searching for your turnstile/stairway/seats.

c) it will make track and trace systems easier while they get it set up

I would imagine they would do a ballot in each block, the first person/group picked rules out alternate rows then you space people around accordingly. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If there is to be a ballot of season ticket holders then hopefully those selected to attend the first match are excluded from the next ballot and so on and so forth.

Yes. Initially they may favour more local fans and want a spread of ages to check infection rates properly.

Archived