Ivan Toney - Signed for Brentford

inter politics

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Don’t we get linked with every Peterborough player?

2+2= whatever our valuation of 2+2 is these days.

Good player if the fairytale is to be believed.

well........2+2 = 0 mod 2

= 1 mod 3

= 0 mod 4

= 4 mod everything else

As is much in life, depends on the mods.....?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

well........2+2 = 0 mod 2

= 1 mod 3

= 0 mod 4

= 4 mod everything else

As is much in life, depends on the mods.....?

Phil says Ivan’s on his way!

6370EDE0-9A9C-45DD-8958-2C4431A76F63.jpeg

'If' we had 5 million and that's a big if.

Rather than blowing it on one player surely Cocu would spread the money around dealing with deficiencies around all area's of the team i.e. a goalie, centre half, winger and centre forward be this through loans or freebies or purchases.   

6 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

'If' we had 5 million and that's a big if.

Rather than blowing it on one player surely Cocu would spread the money around dealing with deficiencies around all area's of the team i.e. a goalie, centre half, winger and centre forward be this through loans or freebies or purchases.   

Which is why I will never fathom why we purchased Bielik last year?

Brentford probably could have purchased a whole midfield for the 8 million we spent on 1 player. It would have been fine had we got the winger and keeper we desperately needed, but we didnt.

53 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Brentford probably could have purchased a whole midfield for the 8 million we spent on 1 player. It would have been fine had we got the winger and keeper we desperately needed, but we didnt.

Dont think we paid 8 mill up front did we ? 

Cha! The Darragh MacAnthony playbook...

1) Tell the whole world that Derby and a bunch of clubs are after half his team

2) Pretend the fees being offered are 'laughable' when none have even been offered

3) Smear it all over Twitter and brag it was him who scouted the player in the first place

4) Whine like a baby when it doesn't happen 

Jog on Darragh ya gobshite ?

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Cha! The Darragh MacAnthony playbook...

1) Tell the whole world that Derby and a bunch of clubs are after half his team

2) Pretend the fees being offered are 'laughable' when none have even been offered

3) Smear it all over Twitter and brag it was him who scouted the player in the first place

4) Whine like a baby when it doesn't happen 

Jog on Darragh ya gobshite ?

Yet again... sitting on the fence ? 

Yet again completely agree with you ?

I'm sure we have £5 million (well, Mel does).  We may not be able to spend £5 million. I doubt that even if we could, we would get this chap for £5 million, or whether we would want him.

I actually expect one our 'salable assets' (Bogle, Bird or Sibley) to leave - sadly - to free up FFP acceptable spending.  If we do, I hope we spend the money more wisely than in the past.

Is he not very similar to jack marriott? Both had prolific season at posh. Both short and fast with good finishing.  

Wouldnt make sense. Lets try get a fully fit jack a long run in the side to see if hes got it at this level as he has shown on occassion.

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

I'm sure we have £5 million (well, Mel does).  We may not be able to spend £5 million. I doubt that even if we could, we would get this chap for £5 million, or whether we would want him.

I actually expect one our 'salable assets' (Bogle, Bird or Sibley) to leave - sadly - to free up FFP acceptable spending.  If we do, I hope we spend the money more wisely than in the past.

I think plan A this summer is try to unload fringe players. Malone, maybe Lowe, Evans.

If these can’t be sold. It’ll be a Bogle, Bird, Sibley, Knight sold.

Hopefully plan A will work.

6 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That and the fact that, from what I have seen, he isn’t particularly good. Is he any better than Max Bird? He certainly isn’t as good as Sibley, although completely different roles to be fair. Hopefully he will improve but from what I have seen he looks a big waste of money when it could have been spent more wisely elsewhere. 

Archived