Ivan Toney - Signed for Brentford

inter politics

9 hours ago, Cocu_Doodle_Do said:

Is he not very similar to jack marriott? Both had prolific season at posh. Both short and fast with good finishing.  

Wouldnt make sense. Lets try get a fully fit jack a long run in the side to see if hes got it at this level as he has shown on occassion.

Wouldn't say he was that short. 

About the same height as Chris Martin. But quick. 

I think we need someone to capitalise on Sibley's running. 

Cocu says we need to be creative in the transfer market. 

If allowed, I think we might see a few outs to pay for the ins. 

Bogle and Lawrence would be my guess for the outs, plus the likes of Malone and Jozefzoon. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peterborough  chairman said a deal was already lined up if they weren’t promoted. Implied it was a top championship club - leeds, West Brom or Brentford  and the fee was rumoured to be £9m.

i can’t see us being in with a shout at that price.

26 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Don't think he's for us and doesn't offer us anything different. As Arthur Cox used to say...pure jounalistic speculation....Now Paul Ince ......

A powerful striker who can find the net in and outside of the box, as well as hold the ball up or play ? 

not sure I agree

No way that anyone is paying 9 million for him. That is just DMac trying to up the price. Every club in the league knows that Pboro have to sell him, so that will bring down the price for a start. I think once he goes, he will go for about 4 million with add ons up to 6 or something along those lines. Bidding wars don’t really exist these days. Basically a club will have an Offer accepted, and then others will just match that fee. It is gonna be one of those long running sagas with Pboro trying to get more money than he is worth, before caving in. At 5ft 9 I am not sure this guy is really big enough for what Cocu will be looking for.

34 minutes ago, Floppy Sausage said:

No way that anyone is paying 9 million for him. That is just DMac trying to up the price. Every club in the league knows that Pboro have to sell him, so that will bring down the price for a start. I think once he goes, he will go for about 4 million with add ons up to 6 or something along those lines. Bidding wars don’t really exist these days. Basically a club will have an Offer accepted, and then others will just match that fee. It is gonna be one of those long running sagas with Pboro trying to get more money than he is worth, before caving in. At 5ft 9 I am not sure this guy is really big enough for what Cocu will be looking for.

5’10 and nearly a half according to Wiki. 
it’s the extra inch and a bit that makes the difference according to my Mrs ?

8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

5’10 and nearly a half according to Wiki. 
it’s the extra inch and a bit that makes the difference according to my Mrs ?

He is just under 5ft 9, 179cm. Can’t find anywhere that says different. Unless I am calculating wrong. And 70kg. Really can’t see us being in for him. Maybe I will be wrong. I just hope he is not another striker who can’t impose himself on games, as we have enough of those.

4 minutes ago, Floppy Sausage said:

He is just under 5ft 9, 179cm. Can’t find anywhere that says different. Unless I am calculating wrong. And 70kg. Really can’t see us being in for him. Maybe I will be wrong. I just hope he is not another striker who can’t impose himself on games, as we have enough of those.

When I googled 1.79m the answer came back 5’10.472 “ . Whenever I’ve seen him actually thought he looked taller just shows how bad my eyes are !! 

19 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

When I googled 1.79m the answer came back 5’10.472 “ . Whenever I’ve seen him actually thought he looked taller just shows how bad my eyes are !! 

Think I am working it out wrong. Getting the answer 5.84 ft which is the decimal answer rather than feet and inches. 5ft 10 and almost a half is correct. That is a bit better, but still think we would be looking for someone that is a proper target man.

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Wouldn't say he was that short. 

About the same height as Chris Martin. But quick. 

I think we need someone to capitalise on Sibley's running. 

Cocu says we need to be creative in the transfer market. 

If allowed, I think we might see a few outs to pay for the ins. 

Bogle and Lawrence would be my guess for the outs, plus the likes of Malone and Jozefzoon. 

If you are going to take 2 of our more creative players out of the team we sure do need lots of creativity coming in ?

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Peterborough  chairman said a deal was already lined up if they weren’t promoted. Implied it was a top championship club - leeds, West Brom or Brentford  and the fee was rumoured to be £9m.

i can’t see us being in with a shout at that price.

And the common denominator is ???

5 hours ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Don't think he's for us and doesn't offer us anything different. As Arthur Cox used to say...pure jounalistic speculation....Now Paul Ince ......

as a causal link, Tom Ince could fill the gap on the right hand side, stoke want rid and the stoke board think that they are willing to let him go on the cheap. wages would be a stumbling block.

re our Peterborough CEO, he is great and promotion of his players but I would never want to play poker with him, personally I don't think there is anything in this story for us  

4 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I'd prefer Lyle Taylor

Is neither an option? Yet another overpriced Peterborough striker - Assombalonga, Mackail-Smith, Maclean, Marriott, Gayle  etc etc - or a player who'll be 30 this season. Don't get rid of one over the hill striker to replace him with one just about to hit the descent.

On 09/08/2020 at 13:34, Woodley Ram said:

as a causal link, Tom Ince could fill the gap on the right hand side, stoke want rid and the stoke board think that they are willing to let him go on the cheap. wages would be a stumbling block.

Yes please

Archived