On 17/08/2020 at 15:06, Cam the Ram said:

Maupay - 20 million

Konsa - 12 million

Mepham - 12 million

Woods - 6 million

Egan - 4 million

Yennaris - 4 million

Jota - 5 million

And then another 15 million + from the likes of Jozefzoon, Colin, Vibe, Dean, Sawyers, Bentley etc.

And we got what was it 4.5m for Hughes ? 

10 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Toney has turned down a championship club and Celtic , holding out for a Prem move according to SSN

Optimistic of him - he was at Newcastle and didn’t get a sniff and had to leave to Peterborough for a game 

I am sure Peterborough want him sold and quickly 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Optimistic of him - he was at Newcastle and didn’t get a sniff and had to leave to Peterborough for a game 

I am sure Peterborough want him sold and quickly 

If it's true Peterborough agreed a 10 million pound deal with Brentford, with 6.5 upfront and Toney turns the move down I can see the Peterborough chairman being absolutely livid.

Similar to the winger (I forget his name), he was offered move after move and kept turning them down waiting for the big boys to come in, but never did.

Brentford would have been a brilliant move for him, just shows at times, the people advising you dont necessarily have your interests at heart.

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If it's true Peterborough agreed a 10 million pound deal with Brentford, with 6.5 upfront and Toney turns the move down I can see the Peterborough chairman being absolutely livid.

Similar to the winger (I forget his name), he was offered move after move and kept turning them down waiting for the big boys to come in, but never did.

Brentford would have been a brilliant move for him, just shows at times, the people advising you dont necessarily have your interests at heart.

Think you mean Marcus Maddison ?

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

There's no way he's getting a prem move , the way he's going he'll be at Peterborough for another year and if he doesn't perform again he won't get a better move 

The best way to get to the Premier League and increase your value is surely to help take a Championship side up? 

I can sympathise. This kind of thing happens all the time on Football Manager. You negotiate a deal to sell a player for wildly over their market value and then they have the audacity to turn it down. 

You then keep them on your bench for the next season and eventually sell them for £10 and a packet of hob nobs. 

1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I can sympathise. This kind of thing happens all the time on Football Manager. You negotiate a deal to sell a player for wildly over their market value and then they have the audacity to turn it down. 

You then keep them on your bench for the next season and eventually sell them for £10 and a packet of hob nobs. 

Just quick reminder of Rob Hulse and Middlesborough...

14 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I wish we had Brentford's cash and their scouting team

All that scouting couldn't sign them players with the mental strength and big game experience not to completely bottle 4 of their last 5 games and miss out of a promotion which at one point looked a dead certainty.

There are some things you can't measure on a spreadsheet.

33 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Just quick reminder of Rob Hulse and Middlesborough...

I have repeated this a few times to apologies.

I met Rob Hulse at Villa away a couple of years back. He said it was the first game he had been to since he retired and was only taking his nephew. He said he didnt like football and didnt enjoy playing, he was just good at it he said. It was no more than a job.

He said the Middlesbrough thing was true and he didnt move because he didnt see the point in uprooting his family and moving when he was being paid well by Derby and enjoyed it.

He actually turned down more money.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He did that with Charlton back in January

On 19/08/2020 at 11:16, Coconut said:

All that scouting couldn't sign them players with the mental strength and big game experience not to completely bottle 4 of their last 5 games and miss out of a promotion which at one point looked a dead certainty.

There are some things you can't measure on a spreadsheet.

That could have been down to their coaching ability in crucial big matches. Cocu might have faired better. I only asked for their cash and scouts not their coaches.

On 19/08/2020 at 05:41, EulogyForEvolution said:

Just add a manager and sign them for Arsenal etc for the same fee + 25% scammers fee

Archived