Ivan Toney - Signed for Brentford

inter politics

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as we've now had the Ince conversation come up twice, I'm just going to put it out there that I'll start hiding Ince posts in here. People check transfer threads for updates / discussion on the player in question - that's the entire point of them.

If anyone's REALLY interested in reading the perspectives of various posters on Tom Ince; then do a search and look for one of the many threads that existed when he played for us. Most user's views will be in there, and I've been here long enough to know they'll all be unchanged.

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Seeing as we've now had the Ince conversation come up twice, I'm just going to put it out there that I'll start hiding Ince posts in here. People check transfer threads for updates / discussion on the player in question - that's the entire point of them.

If anyone's REALLY interested in reading the perspectives of various posters on Tom Ince; then do a search and look for one of the many threads that existed when he played for us. Most user's views will be in there, and I've been here long enough to know they'll all be unchanged.

You'll be banning puns next ?

On 07/08/2020 at 16:08, EraniosSocks said:

It was mentioned yesterday that a fee had been agreed with a club and Celtic was also in the running but was messing around with the fee. 

I remember Brentford supposedly looking at him for 15 Million. More crap from HITC it looks like  ?

Should have saved many pages 

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Where are Brentford getting money from?

Have they sold anyone in the last 2-3 years for big money?

Maupay - 20 million

Konsa - 12 million

Mepham - 12 million

Woods - 6 million

Egan - 4 million

Yennaris - 4 million

Jota - 5 million

And then another 15 million + from the likes of Jozefzoon, Colin, Vibe, Dean, Sawyers, Bentley etc.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

10m is absolutely ridiculous money for a league one player, no matter how good his record is.

The annoying thing, again, is that Ivan Toney wasn't ever a secret. 

He was a promising player in League Two at a young age for Northampton. He moved to Newcastle in a relatively high profile move, where he spent most of the time out on loan developing. I think he had injury problems early on, but he scored a good ratio of goals to games. Peterborough signed him for less than a million after he had just scored 8 goals in 16 games in the same division. They're now picking up £10m for him.

Brentford have another young kid, Marcus Forss, who scored 11 goals in 17 games in League One on loan. He looks good. Tyler Walker at Forest is another player who has done well in League One. These are progressive players who we should be looking at (not signing, at least look at) rather than bricklayers with absolutely no upside, mentioning no names. 

32 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

We do really seem to be shopping in Poundland this summer

More like window shopping at Poundland ?

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

More like window shopping at Poundland ?

And in the case of Chris Martin, we are pawning some of our items in at Cash Convertor, hoping that we get some cash in time to be able to buy him back ?

It is sad to think how far our football club has fallen since that day at Wembley under Mac 1.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And in the case of Chris Martin, we are pawning some of our items in at Cash Convertor, hoping that we get some cash in time to be able to buy him back ?

It is sad to think how far our football club has fallen since that day at Wembley under Mac 1.

Do you not think we might be waiting for those Dunces at EFL to finally decide when or what they are going to do with us ? . 

I suspect deals are already lined up ...it just depends on what happens as to which way we go. 

You don't seriously think we have been doing nothing in the background ?

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Where are Brentford getting money from?

Have they sold anyone in the last 2-3 years for big money?

They made £20 mill in profit last year, so i think they'll be alright.

They've sold 3 players for more than £10 mill and one of them was closer to 20.

On 09/08/2020 at 07:40, RamNut said:

Peterborough  chairman said a deal was already lined up if they weren’t promoted. Implied it was a top championship club - leeds, West Brom or Brentford  and the fee was rumoured to be £9m.

i can’t see us being in with a shout at that price.

back of the net!

On 09/08/2020 at 08:49, Floppy Sausage said:

No way that anyone is paying 9 million for him. That is just DMac trying to up the price. Every club in the league knows that Pboro have to sell him, so that will bring down the price for a start. I think once he goes, he will go for about 4 million with add ons up to 6 or something along those lines. Bidding wars don’t really exist these days. Basically a club will have an Offer accepted, and then others will just match that fee. It is gonna be one of those long running sagas with Pboro trying to get more money than he is worth, before caving in. At 5ft 9 I am not sure this guy is really big enough for what Cocu will be looking for.

Oops

Archived