Ivan Toney - Signed for Brentford

inter politics

7 hours ago, Derbados said:

Is it though? 

Hendrick and Hughes are the only academy products who stand out and we got laughable fees for both 

Brentford are selling players they bought for nominal fees for double figures some for 15-20 million 

Who else out of our academy has actually gone on to do anything of substance? 

im hoping that the investment into the academy is now starting to bear fruit and this may be incredibly unpopular, but I really don’t think our academy is all that, in fact up until now I think it’s been average at best. 

hopefully the tide is turning as seen with our achievements winning the premier league

It hurts me to say it, but imo, Forest have a better academy than us with nowhere near the amount of investment and they seem to fetch much larger transfer fees for their kids than we do ours.

What I would take from your argument is the need to improve upon how we develop young players once they become part of the senior set-up.

Last season was exciting mainly due to Rooney’s influence on our young starlets.

Cocu and his team have a wealth of experience in developing young players and I hope that for the first time in years, we will have faith in them to grow as men as well as players.

Too often the physical aspect of the championship has found players out.

If they can cope and stamp their mark physically then there’s no doubt their skill will shine through.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived