Ivan Toney - Signed for Brentford

inter politics

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Me no thanks to tom ince he selfish player.

I don't think he was for us B4 - I think he used to track back a lot and always tried to help out the defence - Much like Lawrence does - They might both shoot a little too often but they also work hard for the team

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Me no thanks to tom ince he selfish player.

Think Ince just finds it hard to settle, take the loan season he had a stint at florist that season and was woeful. Came to us and was probably our best player. Would love him back but not on massive wages but don't think he's the kind of player who will take a pay cut

5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I don't think he was for us B4 - I think he used to track back a lot and always tried to help out the defence - Much like Lawrence does - They might both shoot a little too often but they also work hard for the team

Yes he was more often he use to shoot for goal rather than pass the ball to another player that was in a better postion.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes he was more often he use to shoot for goal rather than pass the ball to another player that was in a better postion.

Funny because he was top of our assist stats in his last season with us, and was the third highest (one assist behind both Martin and Russell) in his other full season with us. But yeah, such a greedy player...

10 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

You’re wrong?

He's not wrong.

Tracking back and doing your defensive job doesn't exclude you from being a greedy in attack. It just means you're not lazy. If the accusation of Ince was that he was lazy I'd defend him. 

Anyone who in a season who has more than double the shot count of his closest teammate has to be a little greedy, there's no two ways about it. Someone who regularly has 40, 50 more shots than the majority of his teammates is a greedy player!

4 hours ago, roboto said:

Funny because he was top of our assist stats in his last season with us, and was the third highest (one assist behind both Martin and Russell) in his other full season with us. But yeah, such a greedy player...

By sheer bloody force, yeah.

Give someone in a creative position the the ball 3-4 times as much as anyone else on your team and, unless they're a total turd, of course they'll end up high up in your attacking statistics lists. If you put all of your play down the right hand side and none of it down the left then only one of the two is going to come out with good stats. 

Being greedy isn't always a negative anyway, as long as you can both back it up and it isn't detrimental to the team's overall performance. Ince isn't good enough for his level of greed  not to take sufficient chances away from his teammates - there's nothing impressive about 6 assists when put into context.

For a player given the ball anywhere near as much as he was in the 2016/17 season he should have been looking at double that, and maybe a couple more.

Fast becoming the most overrated Derby player of the past 10 years by people who won't understand / anaylse the reasons why he was a was individually a success here and not eslewhere.

Getting him back would solve nothing, he doesn't get goals unless very sepcific requirements are met. In our team, as it is, he would score fewer goals than Tom Lawrence and get around the same number of assists.

11 hours ago, Coconut said:

He's not wrong.

Tracking back and doing your defensive job doesn't exclude you from being a greedy in attack. It just means you're not lazy. If the accusation of Ince was that he was lazy I'd defend him. 

Anyone who in a season who has more than double the shot count of his closest teammate has to be a little greedy, there's no two ways about it. Someone who regularly has 40, 50 more shots than the majority of his teammates is a greedy player!

Give someone in a creative position the the ball 3-4 times as much as anyone else on your team and, unless they're a total turd, of course they'll end up high up in your attacking statistics lists. If you put all of your play down the right hand side and none of it down the left then only one of the two is going to come out with good stats. 

Being greedy isn't always a negative anyway, as long as you can both back it up and it isn't detrimental to the team's overall performance. Ince isn't good enough for his level of greed  not to take sufficient chances away from his teammates - there's nothing impressive about 6 assists when put into context.

For a player given the ball anywhere near as much as he was in the 2016/17 season he should have been looking at double that, and maybe a couple more.

Fast becoming the most overrated Derby player of the past 10 years by people who won't understand / anaylse the reasons why he was a was individually a success here and not eslewhere.

Getting him back would solve nothing, he doesn't get goals unless very sepcific requirements are met. In our team, as it is, he would score fewer goals than Tom Lawrence and get around the same number of assists.

This is a weak argument sorry. It’s like saying ‘oh well obviously Messi has such great stats, every attack at Barca goes through him’. I’m not comparing the two players just showing that the argument doesn’t mean much.

Obviously the most play comes from the most influential player. Players won’t pass to him ‘3 - 4 times more’ (where did you get this stat from?) often than other players if they didn’t trust him to back it up with the goods... which he did. 

I don’t over rate him. I think he was a good, consistent winger for us. Bairds ball to him and him making their left back fall over before scoring against Forest is one of my favourite recent time memories. 

What seems to be happening and what I have a problem with, is he seems to be being underrated because his spells elsewhere didn’t work out amazingly. And then when we bring up his stats for us we’re told they are meaningless. 

You can’t use ‘he’s had more shots than any other player’ as a stick to beat him with and then use ‘he gets the ball 3-4 times more than anyone else hence why he has higher stats’ as another stick to beat him with? One causes the other.

My problem for Ince was exactly what some see as his strength.

If there was a 70% chance of scoring himself or a 95% chance for his teammate who was in a better position, he’d quite often take the option himself.

That was the irritation/perspective I always had with him.

Tom ince is massively overrated.
He has been crap for stoke. And Huddersfield ditched him after one season. 
and he’s not a winger. He is yet another inside forward masquerading as a wide man. 

13 hours ago, Coconut said:

He's not wrong.

Perhaps the others should shoot more, bizarre argument. His goals record and assists speak for themselves. No guarantee he would be that good for us again though, but better than what we currently have.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

This is a weak argument sorry. It’s like saying ‘oh well obviously Messi has such great stats, every attack at Barca goes through him’. I’m not comparing the two players just showing that the argument doesn’t mean much.

Obviously the most play comes from the most influential player. Players won’t pass to him ‘3 - 4 times more’ (where did you get this stat from?) often than other players if they didn’t trust him to back it up with the goods... which he did. 

I don’t over rate him. I think he was a good, consistent winger for us. Bairds ball to him and him making their left back fall over before scoring against Forest is one of my favourite recent time memories. 

What seems to be happening and what I have a problem with, is he seems to be being underrated because his spells elsewhere didn’t work out amazingly. And then when we bring up his stats for us we’re told they are meaningless. 

You can’t use ‘he’s had more shots than any other player’ as a stick to beat him with and then use ‘he gets the ball 3-4 times more than anyone else hence why he has higher stats’ as another stick to beat him with? One causes the other.

Agree, ridiculous argument. Only Wilson compares in recent times and he took penalties.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Tom ince is massively overrated.
He has been crap for stoke. And Huddersfield ditched him after one season. 
and he’s not a winger. He is yet another inside forward masquerading as a wide man. 

Remind me how many games we lost when he scored?

Archived