20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Swear Forest literally sign a new team every season. Dunno when they’ll start to realise it’s not the players fault.

If the McKenna deal goes through, they're a right winger off a new 4-4-2 lineup

Taylor - Guerrero
Freeman - Colback - Bachirou - RW
Blackett - Mbe Soh - McKenna - Christie
Diallo

1 hour ago, David said:

Amazing how the EFL haven’t looked into this, his second club is their FFP bailout.

All it will need is Forest to beat Boro to a play off place.....

Watford have done the same thing for a lot longer, but this method of bypassing ffp is completely fine for the EFL. They'd lose any case they tried to bring against them though since they are the worlds most incompetent organisation.

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Ageing central midfielder

Funded by dodgy business with their Greek overlords

Two ticks on Forest bingo

it's disgraceful and they've been doing it for three years.  If this happens complain about it with all guns blazing. Normally take this kind of thing as oh well everyone looks for these loopholes .  But seeing as we've spent the the summer being dragged over the coals why should we. What's good for the goose

Yeah, absolutely no problem with the Forest owner owning two football clubs and funding it this way. As GoC said: if it's a problem then by all means change the rules to stop the same owner of two clubs selling players between them. 

Equally, buy another football team and do the same thing. It's not their own rule - it can be exploited by anyone. 

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, absolutely no problem with the Forest owner owning two football clubs and funding it this way. As GoC said: if it's a problem then by all means change the rules to stop the same owner of two clubs selling players between them. 

Equally, buy another football team and do the same thing. It's not their own rule - it can be exploited by anyone. 

Imagine Mel trying to sell that idea to the missus!

"Sorry love, but it seems to best way to stop pissing the kids inheritance up the wall by owning a football club is to buy another one".

The size if their squad is ridiculous. I don't know why a player would consider moving to Forest at the moment; it's career suicide. Unless all you're bothered about is money and you don't care about playing (e.g. Anya) why would you risk being nowhere near the first team and just training with the kids? And if/when Louis Spence gets sacked, and a new manager comes in, some of them will be even further away from the team. Crazy.

3 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

The size if their squad is ridiculous. I don't know why a player would consider moving to Forest at the moment; it's career suicide. Unless all you're bothered about is money and you don't care about playing (e.g. Anya) why would you risk being nowhere near the first team and just training with the kids? And if/when Louis Spence gets sacked, and a new manager comes in, some of them will be even further away from the team. Crazy.

perhaps they would like Zoon

4 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

Unless all you're bothered about is money and you don't care about playing (e.g. Anya)

Not sure this is even remotely accurate in any way. In fact, it’s quite malicious and disgusting. Are there any instances of Anya not wanting to play? 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure this is even remotely accurate in any way. In fact, it’s quite malicious and disgusting. Are there any instances of Anya not wanting to play? 

I believe Lampard was on record as saying that he'd had the chance to go out on loan to play football and he'd turned it down, so he ended up playing with kids here. I personally don't blame him, he did what was best for him and was always available to play for Derby, but if I had the talent to be a professional footballer I'd want to be playing. I wasn't having a go at his attitude, which by all accounts was absolutely fine (although Lampard appeared to be frustrated with him)

19 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Agreed. We did nothing against the rules with the stadium sale and they are doing nothing against the rules with Olympiakos. I'd rather just scrap FFP entirely and start again, because at the moment it does nothing to level the playing field or to stop clubs going bankrupt. 

23 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Signings number 10 and 11 of the transfer window incoming down the A52: Aberdeen defender and some unknown Greek bloke.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-transfer-news-live-4536979

They must have four or five players for every position now. 

Our starts to the season are similarly disappointing, but I feel like we are fairly optimistic that we’re looking for a couple of key additions and then we’ll rocket up the league. 

I wonder if forest fans have a similar sense of optimism. Does this look like a manager buying a couple of key additions, once they bed in they’ll be on fire?

they were narrowly 7th in his first season. Did he really need 11 new players?

27 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Our starts to the season are similarly disappointing, but I feel like we are fairly optimistic that we’re looking for a couple of key additions and then we’ll rocket up the league. 

I wonder if forest fans have a similar sense of optimism. Does this look like a manager buying a couple of key additions, once they bed in they’ll be on fire?

they were narrowly 7th in his first season. Did he really need 11 new players?

There's more than a whiff of panic buying about the whole process looking from the outside. Maybe some of our Forest visitors can give an insight on how they're feeling about it. At least at our own club there's a feeling that there's a long term plan in place (living within our means, bringing through young players); I don't know what Forest are trying to achieve with all these new players. And as for their wage bill.......