20/21 Notts Bottlers Thread

Day

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Signing Christie to put in a defensive team doesn't make sense. A strange signing for them

Pretty much my thoughts on it. He did a good if not necessarily exceptional job in his first years with us and at Parker's Fulham where the play was expansive and his attacking side prioritised, but there's a reason that Rowett and Pulis got rid of him very soon after they arrived here and at Middlesbrough respectively. I have a slight hunch that Lamouchi could be considering moving to a back three, though, what with Tyler Blackett, another player who attacks well but without the best defensive ability, coming in as well, and that might suit the pair of them. Lamouchi tried it a few times at the end of last season, but it didn't really work.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Come on, that wasn't true, he had his flaws like any player at this level but awful he wasn't. Bit harsh.

Maybe a bit harsh to be fair, but I’d have him at RB in my worst Derby 11 since Nigel Clough. Granted we’ve had some decent players there so it’s not that bad, but still. It’s mainly certain performances that stick in my mind more than a few of the more decent games he played. Fulham away under Clement (I think) where he was hauled off at half time remains the worst Individual performance I have ever seen from a Derby player. 

He often came across as a bit of a tit. but for the money we signed him for he was decent.  Didn't we sell him for eight times what we paid which is a rarity in itself. He was inconsistent and prone to a mishap if the mood took him but very decent for spells. I think he was better than either of the two fullbacks we've just sold and have stated that here before.  A decent player with plenty of pace on a loan for the year with two promotions and premier league experience under his belt since we sold him.  Could be a decent addition with his pace on the counter. Depends how they set up.

I don't get the Cyrus hate.

He was alright, nothing more and nothing less. 

Very promising on his debut Vs Notts County, when he had me asking Andre who?

He then went on to provide the same level of performance again and again, never making the improvement you might expect from a young signing, but rarely letting the side down either, left for more money than we signed him, certainly wasn't the terrible player some make him out to be.

Just a bit meh.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Maybe a bit harsh to be fair, but I’d have him at RB in my worst Derby 11 since Nigel Clough. Granted we’ve had some decent players there so it’s not that bad, but still. It’s mainly certain performances that stick in my mind more than a few of the more decent games he played. Fulham away under Clement (I think) where he was hauled off at half time remains the worst Individual performance I have ever seen from a Derby player. 

We’ve only had Freeman, Wisdom and Bogle post Clough and Freeman went pretty much straight away, come on ?

Christie had that problem where he’d beat one man, turn back to try and beat him again then lose the ball. 

I haven’t watched him recently to see if he’s changed or not, but Bogle had his flaws as well, as a defender was easily beaten at the back where he let too many crosses in yet now at a Premier League club.

I can see Christie playing a blinder when we play them, cause us no end of problems, really wish he didn’t end up there 

11 hours ago, David said:

Come on, that wasn't true, he had his flaws like any player at this level but awful he wasn't. Bit harsh.

It is harsh, and not true otherwise he wouldn't have had moves to Boro & Fulham since, both clubs competing at the top end of the table at the time, just as we were when he was here.