Road to Keogh

TuffLuff

Well, well, well. Keogh could still have been playing for us if he had decided to take the reduction in wages during his rehabilitation period. Wonder if the new wages he's got at MK Dons is more than the gap in his earnings and the offer Derby made to him.

Anyhows wish him all the best,hopefully he's had time during his rehab to consider his behaviour and learn from it going forward.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...listen...it's a good move and...yeah...like you say that chapter is done and...yeah like you say I'm looking forward to getting going and listen the stadium is a great place to play football and yeah like you say I like the style of football and nobody else is paying me so like you say I'm just excited to play and hungry and yeah,listen...like you say it's exciting.

11 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Hope he does really well there, as I’m sure he will.

He made a mistake and I believe was badly advised after it, but I still hope he can get close to his previous levels and excel at a new club.

Despite the end, despite the QPR mistake, despite the mistakes at critical points in sooo many matches, he was a good player for us and I wish him very well.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

I do find it funny, how most fans rated him so highly and rather than another Championship side taking a pun  (ex clubs in Coventry and Rotherham...), He ends up down at a bottom end league one side.

Adios

I mean, he’s 33 and still injured 

52 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Wish him all the best. He always gave 100% in a Rams shirt and I will always respect him for that. Think MK Dons have a fairly wealthy owner, they could be in the Championship before long.

Yes we could end up playing them in the 21 - 22 season but it won't be because they have gained promotion

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are they able to pay him more than our reduced contract offer?

Who knows, but more to the point, did he get a payout/compensation agreement for effectively being sacked? If he had just taken the reduced contract offer he may/probably have been worse off. 

4 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Who knows, but more to the point, did he get a payout/compensation agreement for effectively being sacked? If he had just taken the reduced contract offer he may/probably have been worse off. 

I expect he'll get a signing on fee with MK. Oddly the DET said it was a 'free transfer' - maybe an agreement was made over the charges?

4 hours ago, David said:

Very lucky to have found himself a new club, 33 years old coming off a self inflicted ACL after a foolish decision whilst club captain.

Wish him luck, no ill feeling. 

Just glad the saga has come to end and we don't have to spend the summer debating if the club should take him back or not. 

Self inflicted that's a ridiculous statement! Yes misguided or ill advised, but under the influence who has not made poor decisions. Also I in no way think he has been lucky to find a new club, rather I think there were probably numerous offers on the table. 

Keogh is not innocent in what happened, but the club in my eyes took a very poor decision in their actions relating to all three players, keeping the two main protagonists and sacking Keogh. Morally I find their stance indefensible.

5 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Keogh is not innocent in what happened, but the club in my eyes took a very poor decision in their actions relating to all three players, keeping the two main protagonists and sacking Keogh. Morally I find their stance indefensible.

Has Keogh ever apologised or been contrite about ruling himself out for so many matches through stupidly not wearing a seatbelt?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Found his level at last. League 1 relegation fodder. 
Just got to re-home Bennett now...

So playing the number of games he did as an International I agree he was always highly regarded by those that managed him, always picked him, never sold him, virtually always played/picked him. Amazing injury record and absolutely always gave 100% in every game!. When you watch Keogh leave the field after a game, how I wish all our players had given the same amount of effort and commitment he gave, he was ungainly at times yes, but that belied his quality. So many armchair managers who berate him, when name me a manager at Derby who didn't play him, go on I dare you, oh I forgot you know more than them  ---------------------- ALL OF THEM

Archived