Road to Keogh

TuffLuff

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Perhaps because mel and the club wanted to treat him better than he deserved? He turned his nose up thinking he deserved better ( not) and mel said fair enough ,,jog on mate,,, simple s

Keogh’s behaviour on the night was disgraceful and I had no problem with him being dismissed for gross misconduct; it’s just the way the club went about it that bothers me. Such a shame all round really; we never got close to replacing him and missed him badly last season while he wrecked his Rams legend status built up over the previous seven years. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/08/2020 at 11:58, Stockport Ram said:

He had all of the characteristics which I mentioned.

I was proud to call him my captain. 

Is that the same Matt Oakley who was with us for less than 18 months and played fewer than 60 games for our Club?

3 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Great article here explaining where we are at with the Keogh sacking. Only joking of course, it doesn't even answer its own headline. Still, i clicked it like a fool. https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/richards-keoghs-fight-against-Derby-4413997

In fairness, the DET need the clicks in order to survive. I mean, I'm surprised they're still going in fairness! 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

In fairness, the DET need the clicks in order to survive. I mean, I'm surprised they're still going in fairness! 

It's a shame they are, clickbait , recycled news , do they actually break any news any more. Half the time they are just rehashing other newspapers articles , or reporting the same story 18 times in slightly different ways or titles.

3 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

It's a shame they are, clickbait , recycled news , do they actually break any news any more. Half the time they are just rehashing other newspapers articles , or reporting the same story 18 times in slightly different ways or titles.

Again, it's hard to be too harsh on them. The club could help them out, but I think choose not to. Ultimately, the DET are perhaps too respectful of the clubs wishes, hence why they don't tend to leak too many stories or ask too many questions. They don't want to burn their bridges. They've had to set up their website in such a way that means they generate money through advertising and based on clicks. They need to leave address their headlines like they do, otherwise they wouldn't get the clicks and therefore the revenue. 

I do get frustrated with them, but ultimately understand why it is the way it is. It keeps people in a job, so even if does cause me a minor inconvenience and does make my eyes bleed slightly, I don't blame them for it. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Again, it's hard to be too harsh on them. The club could help them out, but I think choose not to. Ultimately, the DET are perhaps too respectful of the clubs wishes, hence why they don't tend to leak too many stories or ask too many questions. They don't want to burn their bridges. They've had to set up their website in such a way that means they generate money through advertising and based on clicks. They need to leave address their headlines like they do, otherwise they wouldn't get the clicks and therefore the revenue. 

I do get frustrated with them, but ultimately understand why it is the way it is. It keeps people in a job, so even if does cause me a minor inconvenience and does make my eyes bleed slightly, I don't blame them for it. 

You are a greater human than me then, personally i think that Ryan Conways work for the athletic shows how to write interesting articles about our club without being clickbait all with around simular level of access.

8 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

You are a greater human than me then, personally i think that Ryan Conways work for the athletic shows how to write interesting articles about our club without being clickbait all with around simular level of access.

True - Ryan is an extremely accomplished writer and his work is substantially better than what you would find in the DET, but he also doesn't need to throw out 5-6 articles a day in order to generate their revenue as the athletic is a subscription service and well placed. They're also well financed, so the difference between the two is night and day. The Athletic is fast becoming a major reporting service in the sports world and will have more avenues of interrogation than a simple local newspaper. 

Ryan can spend time researching and writing his articles. Steve, or whoever, really ONLY needs to generate clicks to keep his head above water. I think that's what they do - and it does enough. I don't even think Steve gets any exclusive interviews with any Derby players anymore, typically what's been said in a press conference or in other newspapers. 

I don't think it will be very long before the DET becomes extinct, personally. I'm happy to offer my eyes and clicks whilst they're still knocking about. 

53 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

True - Ryan is an extremely accomplished writer and his work is substantially better than what you would find in the DET, but he also doesn't need to throw out 5-6 articles a day in order to generate their revenue as the athletic is a subscription service and well placed. They're also well financed, so the difference between the two is night and day. The Athletic is fast becoming a major reporting service in the sports world and will have more avenues of interrogation than a simple local newspaper. 

Ryan can spend time researching and writing his articles. Steve, or whoever, really ONLY needs to generate clicks to keep his head above water. I think that's what they do - and it does enough. I don't even think Steve gets any exclusive interviews with any Derby players anymore, typically what's been said in a press conference or in other newspapers. 

I don't think it will be very long before the DET becomes extinct, personally. I'm happy to offer my eyes and clicks whilst they're still knocking about. 

Conway needs to do more research ,his piece on the Gabay loan was shockingly bad did not know the updated facts re the loan being virtually paid off 

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

My money was on the case being closed before he joined MK Dons

Yeah, assumed so too at the time as it seemed strange, although I did get the impression that maybe a deal was pushed through before the salary cap was voted in, so it didn't affect what they could pay him.

But he was still on the site about a week ago I think (sure I saw tweets mentioning it) even though others had been removed.

33 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

But he was still on the site about a week ago I think (sure I saw tweets mentioning it) even though others had been removed.

Quoted myself but went looking for one of the tweets, it was actually only yesterday, felt like a week ago! ?  ?

Chris Coles and Steve Nicholson replied.

Does look like now he's gone it's finally over and everyone can move on.

Archived