Road to Keogh

TuffLuff

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

On what basis could we have offered Lawrence and Bennett reduced terms on their contract?

It's all well and good taking the moral high ground as someone with no financial interest in the outcome. I daresay if it was your £5million investment being written off, or you writing a cheque for £20k per week for an employee that wasnt doing any work, you may see the situation in a different light...

On what basis was it ok to offer Keogh a vastly reduced contract and only then sack him for ‘gross misconduct’ when he refused to accept it? 

What should have happened is that all three should have been dismissed for gross misconduct, which is what would have happened in the real world. Only in the twisted morally bankrupt world of football would the one person who wasn’t convicted of a criminal offence be the only one to be sacked. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Jayram said:

On what basis was it ok to offer Keogh a vastly reduced contract and only then sack him for ‘gross misconduct’ when he refused to accept it? 

What should have happened is that all three should have been dismissed for gross misconduct, which is what would have happened in the real world. Only in the twisted morally bankrupt world of football would the one person who wasn’t convicted of a criminal offence be the only one to be sacked. 

It is so different, imagine if you or i took an air rifle to work and shot a colleague, chances are you are out the door but not Ashley Cole.

Players like Ronaldo can get away with being a convicted criminal, and also paying off a girl to silence her over rape allegations and no one bats an eye lid.

Sadly in real life most of us are expendable in the work place, but footballers are a valuable asset and get away with things most mere mortals wouldnt.

32 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It is so different, imagine if you or i took an air rifle to work and shot a colleague, chances are you are out the door but not Ashley Cole.

Players like Ronaldo can get away with being a convicted criminal, and also paying off a girl to silence her over rape allegations and no one bats an eye lid.

Sadly in real life most of us are expendable in the work place, but footballers are a valuable asset and get away with things most mere mortals wouldnt.

This is exactly why I’ve fallen out of love with football - it exists in a complete moral vacuum.   

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I seem to remember that he did and before the others. If I injured myself and my employer asked me take a significant pay cut I would tell them to sod off as well. He was treated very differently than the other two and that’s not right.

his message is heart felt and after 7 years it must feel like leaving your family . If he ever comes back to PP I will stand up and clap him as he deserves that

So through your own stupidity when pissed up you've rendered yourself unable to do your job for 12, 15, 18 months; not just your job with your current employer, your job with ANY employer.

Despite this they've offered you the chance to stay employed on reduced terms, they've offered you the means to rehabilitate yourself, at their expense, and at the end of it you've got a job to go back to...

...and you'd tell them to sod off, go join the dole queue and pay for private rehab!? Why!?

Are you that bloody arrogant that you think your employer should pay you your wages in full for a year and a half, despite you not being able to do any work and despite it not being their fault that you can't do any work? You think you should be allowed to sit on your backside for a year and a half watching the money roll in for zero contribution? Really?

That sounds like the actions of someone who's irresponsible, stupid, arrogant, entitled and ungrateful; a nightmare employee.

The morality argument work both ways.

All the people who on one hand claim the club have acted immorally seem to on the other hand think it's morally fine on Keogh's behalf to claim hundreds of thousands of pounds from his employer despite making himself unable to work! Utterly ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I seem to remember that he did and before the others. If I injured myself and my employer asked me take a significant pay cut I would tell them to sod off as well. He was treated very differently than the other two and that’s not right.

his message is heart felt and after 7 years it must feel like leaving your family . If he ever comes back to PP I will stand up and clap him as he deserves that

Am afraid your comparison is full of holes. If you were injured at your workplace and you were following all of the companies SSOW and RA's and were operating equipment or undertaking a task which your were fully trained in and had an accident then your employer would be totally liable for your accident and would be obliged to pay you full pay if you were off sick without prejudice.

If on the other hand you were found not to be doing the above by your employer for example you decided to use a FLT which you had no licence for and piled it through a wall injuring your leg then you would quite correctly face disciplinary sanctions by your employer which could be gross misconduct and also only be paid SSP during your convalescence.

This is a much fairer analogy for Richard Keogh's case.

I hope he does well and enjoys his time at MK Dons, he was very good for us for a long time, that hasn't changed. I wish this situation hadn't happened and that he'd been able to play all of last season, we certainly missed him on the pitch for large parts of it.

However I have no sympathy for him with how it played out, I think the club did the only thing they could when his poor extracurricular decision making left him unable to do his job for a year.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Personally I think all three should have been treated the same. Either sack all three or support all three. It made no sense to offer a reduced Contract and simultaneously try to argue gross misconduct and dismissal. 

good luck Richard. The fight with the Forest grounds man will remain a favourite memory.

KEOGH. KEOGH. 

BIB, the websites I've seen say one of the things a tribunal would look at is did you consider another alternative to dismissal eg. a transfer, demotion or suspension? Asking him to take a cut was the only alternative that was available in the circumstances, so it does seem to make sense.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

The morality argument work both ways.

All the people who on one hand claim the club have acted immorally seem to on the other hand think it's morally fine on Keogh's behalf to claim hundreds of thousands of pounds from his employer despite making himself unable to work! Utterly ridiculous.

I don’t like you purely because you are able to put my thoughts into words better than I can. Exactly this, exactly. 

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

On what basis could we have offered Lawrence and Bennett reduced terms on their contract?

It's all well and good taking the moral high ground as someone with no financial interest in the outcome. I daresay if it was your £5million investment being written off, or you writing a cheque for £20k per week for an employee that wasnt doing any work, you may see the situation in a different light...

I never suggested that. 
I said sack all three or support all three. The major culprit got off very lightly in comparison to his passenger. 

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's all well and good taking the moral high ground as someone with no financial interest in the outcome. I daresay if it was your £5million investment being written off......

P.s.That £5m ‘investment’ is already knackered. 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's that time of year, new season-itis. Pre-season will sweep that away! #COYR

I know what you mean...one season out the way then you spend some time without football, but the excitement creeps in as fixtures come out...then you make your first signing....

then of course that feeling of excitement as you make your way to the ground on a balmy summers days for the first game.....oh wait ?

Wonder what year will be in when some people will finally work out that Keogh got sacked because he could no longer do his job as a result of of his stupid actions, and that Lawrence, Bennett and others weren’t sacked because they could still do their job despite their stupid actions.

I really don’t think it is that complex.

Archived