Road to Keogh

TuffLuff

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top class manipulation there. No outright apology (Lawrence and Bennett did) but instead emotive language about 'once a ram' and his memories to get fans back on side. This isn't about the fans, this is a tactical move to repair his reputation and have a jibe at Derby again. 

Such a shame he made a twatty decision (we all do) and then followed it up with utter greed and rejected an olive branch that the club didn't even have to offer. I have no sympathy after he spat his dummy out, enjoy MK Dons Keogh. Toxic and glad he's gone. 

All the best richy , over the last few years he is the player I would have most enjoyed seeing celebrating promotion on the pitch in a Derby shirt with the fans chanting his name ,    Wasn’t to be and a sad end but I can tell you he is one of those Derby players that if I met I would like to shake his hand and say I enjoyed having him play for us, call me daft but that’s the way I see it , my feelings on the course mel and Derby had to take in the circumstances are rightly a different matter 

On 06/08/2020 at 20:04, Will Hughes Hair said:

If he does turn out against us and there isn’t a warm welcome (assuming there are fans in the ground) it’ll most likely be because of a lack of contrition by Keogh.

He had a chance to do that by signing the reduced terms contract. I don’t necessarily blame him for doing that.

But an awful lot of us did back him to the hilt for many seasons. And in the main he repaid us.

I think that’s what he needs to address. The issues with the club are not the same as his relationship with the fans.

There may be non-disclosure clauses but I’d hope that wouldn’t prevent Richard from apologising to the fans.

Do that my son, and you preserve your legacy. Few footballers at any club have that opportunity.

Did Mason Bennett or Tom Lawrence take a pay cut after getting behind the wheel after drinking? 

I'm not condoning the actions of any of the players. I just want us to show our appreciation for the years of service Richard gave to us. 

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Skiing, snowboarding, motorcycling, all that sort of stuff 

Its only untrue if many footballers use it as a cheap anecdote 

It is true.

Apparently Rooney had to have a crashmat fitted under the tree his tyre hangs from before we'd sign him.

19 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Did Mason Bennett or Tom Lawrence take a pay cut after getting behind the wheel after drinking? 

I'm not condoning the actions of any of the players. I just want us to show our appreciation for the years of service Richard gave to us. 

Both were in a fit state to play though, he was asked to take a pay cut because he couldn't play.

I will cheer Keogh if he ever plays at Derby. Gave his all and was a decent player at this level.

Made a big mistake at the Joiners which I'm sure he regrets but for the fee we paid and the service he gave, for me, he's a player I enjoyed watching over the years and his statement about the fans and the club shows good grace and appreciation of his time here.

Good luck fella and thanks for the great assists v Leeds and giving Rammie one during the 5-0 thrashing of the Gumps. ?

We are all going to miss you Rich, thanks for always giving 100%, and for the hundreds of last ditch

tackles that you made - an error of judgement doesn't change who you are, or what you have achieved

at Derby, I hope MKD realise just how fortunate they are!  ?️✌️?

6 hours ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Erm no ???? They were back to work fit and able ,,,, what is it that people don’t get about that through his own very poor decisions he was  no longer able to fulfill his end of the contract ? Love him or hate him as a player for us that’s the bare bone facts

the club showed appreciation for his years of service to the club by paying him enough money for him to be set for life if used right and in the main on here us fans are showing our appreciation in our words and best wishes 

Good luck for the future Richard and thanks for the memories. Despite what  happened he will always be a DCFC legend to me and as it stands we still don’t have  a CH of his quality and commitment on the books which makes what happened even more of a shame.

Sith Happens

I wish him well. I do think it odd hes taken a job where its likely he will be getting less than he would have on reduced terms at Derby. Has he cut his nose off an all that?

He may not be of course though just a guess.

Regarding comparing him with the others involved that night, in any normal job had staff members gone on drinking after a work function and this had happened leading to one staff member being unable to work, the chances are all of them would have been out on their ear, but football is different and players are treated differently based on their value.

Lawrence clearly is the more valuable player, not that we can ever prove it but had it been say Anya instead of lawrence driving that night, I wonder if we would have seen all 3 players sacked...was Bennett saved from sacking because of Lawrences value?

We wont know and the only fact we have is Keogh was treated more harshly because he couldnt continue playing, the others could. It is difficult to judge completely in my opinion as I dont think we know the full facts around that night....Did Keogh willingly get in the car without a seatbelt or was in put in? Of course even if he was put in if hes got himself into such a state that he needs to be then thats hardly a good thing either.

One thing i always wonder is the severity of Keoghs injury. They say with footballers injuries that the chances of recovery, and also the amount of time they spend out, can depend on the speed with which their injuries are treated. If the rumours are true that the other players legged it instead of calling the emergency services then could these actions have led to a more severe injury for Keogh?

All conjecture of course.

I will always feel that there should have been some parity with the way all of them were treated, it sort of doesnt sit right that the two who end up with criminal convictions keep their jobs and the one who didnt loses his. But I do appreciate as ive already said this is football and its different to normal life.

Anyway...good luck Keogh, hope you do well...just dont score against us in the league or fa cup please....

Personally I think all three should have been treated the same. Either sack all three or support all three. It made no sense to offer a reduced Contract and simultaneously try to argue gross misconduct and dismissal. 

good luck Richard. The fight with the Forest grounds man will remain a favourite memory.

KEOGH. KEOGH. 

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's never apologised or accepted responsibility for what happened to himself. Why not just say he'll miss the club/Derby? Why separate those in the club? 

I seem to remember that he did and before the others. If I injured myself and my employer asked me take a significant pay cut I would tell them to sod off as well. He was treated very differently than the other two and that’s not right.

his message is heart felt and after 7 years it must feel like leaving your family . If he ever comes back to PP I will stand up and clap him as he deserves that

36 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Personally I think all three should have been treated the same. Either sack all three or support all three. It made no sense to offer a reduced Contract and simultaneously try to argue gross misconduct and dismissal. 

good luck Richard. The fight with the Forest grounds man will remain a favourite memory.

KEOGH. KEOGH. 

On what basis could we have offered Lawrence and Bennett reduced terms on their contract?

It's all well and good taking the moral high ground as someone with no financial interest in the outcome. I daresay if it was your £5million investment being written off, or you writing a cheque for £20k per week for an employee that wasnt doing any work, you may see the situation in a different light...

Archived