Road to Keogh

TuffLuff

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Despite the end, despite the QPR mistake, despite the mistakes at critical points in sooo many matches, he was a good player for us and I wish him very well.

Yep despite getting drunk, letting young members of his team get drunk and then getting into a car with a drunk driver and not having his seat belt on, making mistakes in cruicial points in soooo many matches and costing us the play off final.....he was a good player......

I hope he and we can move in and get over this soon. I’d like Keogh to be remembered as a good and committed servant to Derby County. I was never his biggest fan, and retain the belief that he lacked the intelligence needed to be a leading/senior/influential player, but he never shirked his duties on the pitch. 

Sad that his name leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and his career with us didn’t end with a lap of honour and standing ovation. 

2 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Lawrence and Bennett had a transfer and FFP value that's the difference - the club I think made their decision not on merit. Surely even you can see morally its unjust!

I think you need to understand the phrase self-inflicted, as his actions although stupid/foolish/ill advised whatever you wish to call them, self inflicted they are not.

What you are forgetting in terms of his financial remuneration, is we don't know if he was given severance pay after the actions he took against his employer or indeed if he gained a signing on bonus at MK dons etc. 

Do you think he should work for the club who sacked him and didn't the two who were more guilty than he was and nearly go to prison. 

Finally don't you think a player who has been the mainstay of the club for so long and given his all for his club be given some amount of loyalty by the club. I don't know Mel Morris but i do find the actions of his club with regard to this situation morally unjust. I also think in the legal actions that followed Keogh would have had strong evidence to suggest the clubs actions were unjust and he probably walked away with a significant settlement.

I DON'T THINK KEOGH IS INNOCENT IN ALL THIS - BUT I FOR ONE AM NOT HAPPY WITH HOW THE CLUB HANDLED IT!

All whinging and damnation but no solutions. I don't recall anyone coming up with a better way of handling it in the initial outrage months ago either.

Just what exactly should the club have done? What would have been morally right?

Just because you've decided that transfer/FFP value is the utmost and overriding factor and motivation in the decision doesn't make it true*, at least not in the cynical, immoral way you view it. 

*(of course the finances come into it to a degree, it would be completely impossible for them not to)

I had my say on Keogh's role in the drink drive debacle at the time and fully supported the club's actions.

Nearly eleven months later I feel it's now time to wish him well for the rest of his career. He must have worked very hard to get back to some level of fitness so quickly and has done well to find a club when he still has to prove that fitness on the pitch. He could be a real bargain playing at that level if their gamble pays off.

I hope that his differences with Derby were settled without costing us too much. The other players seem to be wishing him well, they will know.

I regret that Keogh didn't take Derby up on their rehabilitation offer, I am a little sad not to be able to thank him for the many years great service he gave the club, but I am a Derby fan first and foremost and we need to move on.

I feel slightly sad seeing him in another clubs shirt

Incident aside he was a very good player for us at this level. He gave his all & was a good championship defender. Whilst i still don't think post incident & another year older he will have got better as a footballer or ever reach the levels he has shown previous. Its still sad to see him play for someone else & how it all ended.

It would have been good to give him a proper send off. Good luck to him for the future & Credit to him he's done well to get himself fit to play again ? 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep despite getting drunk, letting young members of his team get drunk and then getting into a car with a drunk driver and not having his seat belt on, making mistakes in cruicial points in soooo many matches and costing us the play off final.....he was a good player......

Bloody hell an adult got drunk and let other adults get drunk too? ?

He is a bloody work colleague not a baby sitter.

He made his own mistake and was punished accordingly but no need to hold him responsible for other adults actions.

4 hours ago, David said:

He was the club captain, he chose not to use the provided transport home staying behind to extend the night with several team mates.

As club captain you have a responsibility both on and off the pitch, his actions and lack of responsibility saw him unable to play for the rest of the year. 

His sacking was deserved and the club got it spot on. 

Considering he has just signed for a club in a league that has a £2.5m wage cap, I highly doubt he had many offers on the table. 

At his age it’s a complete risk, given the injury which can be potentially career ending at this point.

A Keogh that is not involved in that accident and is available on a free this summer would have a number of clubs in this league looking to take him on.

Your wasting your time David , I’ve realised that no matter how indisputable the fact that he was responsible for his own downfall and the club was put in a position that they acted in the  Way that was not only right for the club but Probably pressured by ffp restraint s there are those that just wont have it ,,, strange 

Having seen pictures of Rooney being dragged along at high speed on an inflatable or riding a jetski while on holiday in Barbados,if he falls off and breaks a leg or Two does that mean Derby will sack him or would it be a case of double standards,after all, should Rooney be undertaking this activity knowing he is the team captain

4 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Lawrence and Bennett had a transfer and FFP value that's the difference - the club I think made their decision not on merit. Surely even you can see morally its unjust!

I think you need to understand the phrase self-inflicted, as his actions although stupid/foolish/ill advised whatever you wish to call them, self inflicted they are not.

What you are forgetting in terms of his financial remuneration, is we don't know if he was given severance pay after the actions he took against his employer or indeed if he gained a signing on bonus at MK dons etc. 

Do you think he should work for the club who sacked him and didn't the two who were more guilty than he was and nearly go to prison. 

Finally don't you think a player who has been the mainstay of the club for so long and given his all for his club be given some amount of loyalty by the club. I don't know Mel Morris but i do find the actions of his club with regard to this situation morally unjust. I also think in the legal actions that followed Keogh would have had strong evidence to suggest the clubs actions were unjust and he probably walked away with a significant settlement.

I DON'T THINK KEOGH IS INNOCENT IN ALL THIS - BUT I FOR ONE AM NOT HAPPY WITH HOW THE CLUB HANDLED IT!

Ok let’s forget for a moment that it’s business and can’t be driven by what a few misguidedly judge just and moral ,,,,, do you think mel Morris feels his club captain treated him and the club, fans justly and with good morals going on the pee with players including very young players and the mess it created ? Yet you think Morris should be dishing out millions to him regardless of the fact he can’t do what he’s paid to do and might not be up to it again given his age ? 
sorry mate you really need to get a grip , bet you would get a grip quick smart if Keogh s big money was coming out of your pocket?

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Having seen pictures of Rooney being dragged along at high speed on an inflatable or riding a jetski while on holiday in Barbados,if he falls off and breaks a leg or Two does that mean Derby will sack him or would it be a case of double standards,after all, should Rooney be undertaking this activity knowing he is the team captain

Is he drunk and breaking the law?

If not, I'm not sure the cases are really that comparable.

10 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Well riding a jetski isn't breaching any laws. Being conveyed in a car without wearing a seatbelt knowing the driver is intoxicated definitely is.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is he drunk and breaking the law?

If not, I'm not sure the cases are really that comparable.

Footballer’s contracts do prohibit that sort of stuff, to be fair 

They’re not even allowed to own a motorbike 

Archived