Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The EFL have claimed right to, and will appeal this in my view if only to drag it out further, I assume the panel who look at appeals are the same people.

Incidentally I thought there was no right to appeal a tribunal decision. Saw it quoted somewhere but can't find it anywhere.

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

The EFL have and will appeal this in my view if only to drag it out further, I assume the panel who look at appeals are the same people.

Incidentally I thought there was no right to appeal a tribunal decision. Saw it quoted somewhere but can't find it anywhere.

To appeal wouldn’t they have to provide something or some evidence that hasn’t been considered in the hearing. Or do they take it higher up the legal chain?

13 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

My post is slightly tongue in cheek. There is no mechanism by which we can reclaim any legal costs, more's the pity indeed any form of action against the EFL is probably highly unlikely, even if they do choose to appeal. The comments from some quarters accusing us of cheating, however... Hmmmm.

Pity, I have limited legal knowledge outside my A’ level Law many moons ago but I hope given we have been falsely scrutinised, we can look at the manner of this investigation and the damage to our reputation.

I’d have thought there is a distinct possibility the EFL might have a case to answer there?

8 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

The EFL have and will appeal this in my view if only to drag it out further, I assume the panel who look at appeals are the same people.

Have they appealed - when?

Two different approaches to announcing the same decision...

DCFC Official Announcement:
"Charge two was also dismissed, save for, the commission found the wording of the amortisation policy in its financial statements could have been clearer."

EFL Official Announcement:
"A second charge relating to the Club’s policy regarding the amortisation of intangible assets was found proven only in respect of the Club’s failure to properly disclose a change in policy in 2015."

Yeah... Well... Whatever!   ?

57 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I do think the EFL will appeal on both counts.

Not sure how far they'll get, but it does to an extent absolve the EFL of the claim they weren't trying to enforce the p&s rules (Gibson's original complaint).

I think this will rumble on a bit but I don't see any appeals swinging a complete reversal. Most likely they'll get some fig leaf of validity to the charges. Although the statement says dismissed rather than unproven or found not guilty of the charge.

I know what your saying but not quite what I was thinking.

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Two different approaches to announcing the same decision...

DCFC Official Announcement:
"Charge two was also dismissed, save for, the commission found the wording of the amortisation policy in its financial statements could have been clearer."

EFL Official Announcement:
"A second charge relating to the Club’s policy regarding the amortisation of intangible assets was found proven only in respect of the Club’s failure to properly disclose a change in policy in 2015."

Yeah... Well... Whatever!   ?

They just had to try and claim a win didn't they ?

Archived