Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

They don't seem to be taking this very well on the Bristol forum. "Also, the placeman of that ***** Mel Morris needs voting off the EFL board PRONTO... I'm not bitter but I hope they default on the loan to Dell and Pride Park becomes Europe's biggest Computing Trade Fair. "

Leeds aren't too happy either. A number of them are questioning why they got punished for spygate whereas our corrupt clubs gets away with blatant cheating. We all know the answer to that - it was an EFL conspiracy to keep Leeds in the Championship.

Boro are about 50 years behind the rest of the country so they haven't heard the news yet.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best thread ever!  Never got boring.  No Sir.  Not this mighty fine thread!   1000 pages here we come!  

That corner flag looks absolutely stunning in the sunshine!  

So glad we didn't get promoted now... we'd have missed out on this glorious day!

To you Mr Gibson, I beseech thee, oh great permed prince... Kiss my ass!

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They don't seem to be taking this very well on the Bristol forum. "Also, the placeman of that ***** Mel Morris needs voting off the EFL board PRONTO... I'm not bitter but I hope they default on the loan to Dell and Pride Park becomes Europe's biggest Computing Trade Fair. "

Leeds aren't too happy either. A number of them are questioning why they got punished for spygate whereas our corrupt clubs gets away with blatant cheating. We all know the answer to that - it was an EFL conspiracy to keep Leeds in the Championship.

Boro are about 50 years behind the rest of the country so they haven't heard the news yet.

This makes it all the sweeter

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

They appealed the second Birmingham verdict until it changed to guilty.

This sounds like a resounding defeat for the EFL. Very few grey areas in the verdict with the only real comment being along the lines of "You could have made sure the EFL were aware of the amortisation policy change in 2015 by putting it in bold, red, size 30 text."

For that reason, I think the EFL won't appeal

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yeah, the Twitter meltdown has been something to behold. Mainly Leeds though clearly not because there's any rivalry. I think the delay in any statement from Boro is because they are still administering CPR to poor Ickle Stevie Gibson. Hope he pulls through ?

23 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Love the way the club statement says "Derby County is delighted at the outcome and will, at this stage, not make any further comment.

Mel isn't letting this go and rightly so. Probably pencilling in a further meeting with the QC to run through the potential for claims against organisations and individuals.  

Giving the EFL the 14 days appeal process time, see whether they have the cojones to push their failed attempts to rewrite accountancy laws.

17 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Nah. Their stock is now at an all-time low. They'll shrivel up and quietly climb back under their rock and hope they're still in gainful employment when the dust settles. Were they to appeal, their mismanagement of the process would become common knowledge as per the Wendies case. If there were any danger of further action, I think they'd have insisted on the soft-embargo remaining in place pending the outcome of the appeal. I could be wrong of course, but I suspect that this whole sorry episode is now well and truly over and rightly so IMO.

The club statement says that we will be making no further comment - classy to the last - but were the EFL to continue their baseless and vindictive attack on the club, I could see Mel and our legal team going after them hammer and tongs, especially in the light of the soft-embargo imposed before the outcome of the investigation. Flagrant and unlawful restriction of trade right there. As it is, they took on Mel and he's absolutely rinsed them. I'd say a vote of no confidence to follow would be a more likely scenario than any appeal.

At the very least legal costs should be claimed, as well as some form of retrospective claim about the soft embargo being imposed could be considered if they push us any further. 

I for one (along with all Derby supporters) am glad at this outcome. I notice the terminology about the charges being dismissed rather than found not guilty. Does this mean that the EFL won't be able to appeal?

Hopefully we can draw a line under this, move on and focus on football matters. As much as I was / am frustrated with various people / entities involved in bringing these charges against us, I'd rather us just move on quietly rather than gloating about it and drawing yet another target on ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

At the very least legal costs should be claimed, as well as some form of retrospective claim about the soft embargo being imposed could be considered if they push us any further. 

My post is slightly tongue in cheek. There is no mechanism by which we can reclaim any legal costs, more's the pity indeed any form of action against the EFL is probably highly unlikely, even if they do choose to appeal. The comments from some quarters accusing us of cheating, however... Hmmmm.

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Percy's article in the Telegraph states we are pushing for the report to be issued asap and we havent ruled out legal action against the EFL

Screenshot_20200825-150314_Samsung Internet.jpg

Putting this in plain speak for everyone:

They're desperate for the reasons to be released so they can show the EFL up as the corrupt mugs they are, and may even put the cherry on top of the banter cake with their own law suit against the laughable football league.

29 minutes ago, cstand said:

Great news hopefully we will live within our means not get into financial trouble again

There's only two ways a Championship club can be sustainable. Promotion, or relegation and selling all your assets

2 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I for one (along with all Derby supporters) am glad at this outcome. I notice the terminology about the charges being dismissed rather than found not guilty. Does this mean that the EFL won't be able to appeal?

Hopefully we can draw a line under this, move on and focus on football matters. As much as I was / am frustrated with various people / entities involved in bringing these charges against us, I'd rather us just move on quietly rather than gloating about it and drawing yet another target on ourselves. 

Yeah, I feel you on that. I think there may be some effort from the club to repair reputational damage, but moving on has to be the priority. Win some matches and it all will become forgotten.

Archived