v Reading (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

29 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Hamer !? Surely we can do better !??‍♂️? The lunch for their goal ..!!????‍♂️Limp- wristed...

It was more soggy cheese and tomato than roast beef & mustard, that's for sure.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A shout out for Matty Clarke. It is easy to forget he isn’t an oldster. So much composure. Won some good headers, Did an Igor under pressure at least once and a lovely overlap down the left. Unhurried, classy. I wonder if we can keep him, so much promise

Are there any other angles than the video on twitter? Looks more to me like Lawrence gets in his face rather than a headbutt; it's a pretty tame headbutt if it is. 

Either way, the pair shouldn't receive the same punishment: Lawrence's red should be rescinded or Miazaga should get a longer ban

4 minutes ago, jono said:

A shout out for Matty Clarke. It is easy to forget he isn’t an oldster. So much composure. Won some good headers, Did an Igor under pressure at least once and a lovely overlap down the left. Unhurried, classy. I wonder if we can keep him, so much promise

The overlap and turn, beautiful 

Just now, Grimbeard said:

We know what he's got.   Nowt.

I’m all for starting again in this situation, but I think you might be right 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Are there any other angles than the video on twitter? Looks more to me like Lawrence gets in his face rather than a headbutt; it's a pretty tame headbutt if it is. 

Either way, the pair shouldn't receive the same punishment: Lawrence's red should be rescinded or Miazaga should get a longer ban

I think it’s a headbutt in footballers terms, so you leaning your head in forcefully, rather than nuttin’ someone. Presumably because footballers can’t raise their hands it’s trying to do something less obvious but in truth it’s a full on show that you’ve lost control of your actions and hence why it’s a red. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

The overlap and turn, beautiful 

It’s those moments that make football for me. Rooney although slowing down had a couple of cute moments born of experience and pure skill, and Holmes towards the end .. wide awake, canny. Just makes me smile, warms the heart. 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Amazing set of results going our way today. Beat Preston and Florist now. Only Cardiff did not read the script today. We will now have to beat them which we can indeed do. COYR

Cardiff actually have a similar run in to us. 

Lots of top 6 contenders to play still. 

Anything can happen. 

I’m not sure if anyone has said it BUT the punch from Hamer totally changed the match.

At 2-0 at halftime we should have been in cruise control.

To be fair, Reading came back out with more purpose but, once Hamer punches the ball straight back into an area that he really shouldn’t, we just couldn’t recover.

Like a boxer leading on points that’s been winded in the 8th, we just held on and couldn’t get a passage of play back like the first half.

On whole matches, can a tiny incident like this hang.

Lawrence does a great job of needling the opposition, but it's no good then retaliating as well - he's

got to just give a Martin smirk (as mentioned earlier)  and stick not twist, we are definitely going to miss him though

It might be my fault - as I predicted everything correctly today, and could have jinxed him  ?

5 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

I’m not sure if anyone has said it BUT the punch from Hamer totally changed the match.

At 2-0 at halftime we should have been in cruise control.

To be fair, Reading came back out with more purpose but, once Hamer punches the ball straight back into an area that he really shouldn’t, we just couldn’t recover.

Like a boxer leading on points that’s been winded in the 8th, we just held on and couldn’t get a passage of play back like the first half.

On whole matches, can a tiny incident like this hang.

Think a few people were less than pleased with the punch, when a catch looked fairly standard.  Think with so much criticism of Roos punching instead of catching the ball has probably intensified the focus on Hamer’s decision.  We won the game so I won’t dwell it. Every player on the pitch will make at least 1 mistake

Archived