v Reading (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Back to the actual game.

First half was Millwall-esque in the fact we dominated and looked good up until the final sloppy pass. Then rather than scoring with their first attempt, Reading then mustered three efforts and they didn't go in. We then went in front deservedly from there.

Second half, however, was a different story. We were slow, sloppy and invited pressure. I never want to see Rooney behind Martin again as the sheer pace of it is frighteningly bad. We lost any ability to counter and just hoped we could hold on for practically the whole half. I don't even have the words to describe how bad the goal we did concede was.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alpha said:

To have his say in their war of words? To call him a knob? To let him know the score?

They were having back and forth. Lawrence did nothing wrong in walking over to say something. Haven't every single one of us tried to have the last word? 

Jamie Ward used to talk to people all game every game. I can't remember who it was but one player always used to ask opponents how much money they're on and tell them he was on more because they're poo. It might have even been Ward. I bet after we lost games he's heard some back and I think he lives for it. 

It was Miazga that crossed the line from what I've seen. Raise his hands first and you have to take what comes back. 

Sorry @Alpha. You’re a professional footballer, you’re already on a yellow, you’ve already got a number of bad marks against your name .... there must be one little bit of you which can say to yourself “I’ll walk away from you”.

They we’re at each other all game - how is an ‘in-your-face’ debate going to end without some type of physical confrontation.

He’s just let himself, his team mates and the fans down AGAIN.

This was just after he’s really starting to deliver.

Anger doesn’t cover it. He’s still got a problem which hasn’t gone away.

Just now, Andicis said:

How is that at all besides the point? Does becoming a footballer remove the human element? 

One of the myriad of reasons I never would have become a successful professional footballer is that I lack the temperament. 
it’s got piss all to do with the ‘human element’ (not sure what this is anyway) and everything to do with professionalism. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Preston got a spanking today so we need to be on the front foot from the start against them and capitalise on their fragile confidence.

Nugent missed two absolute stonewall sitters today. Lets hope he wears the same boots on Wednesday as he does have form against us?

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

To have his say in their war of words? To call him a knob? To let him know the score?

They were having back and forth. Lawrence did nothing wrong in walking over to say something. Haven't every single one of us tried to have the last word? 

Jamie Ward used to talk to people all game every game. I can't remember who it was but one player always used to ask opponents how much money they're on and tell them he was on more because they're poo. It might have even been Ward. I bet after we lost games he's heard some back and I think he lives for it. 

It was Miazga that crossed the line from what I've seen. Raise his hands first and you have to take what comes back. 

I tend to reserve that kind of stuff for when it's really needed and not as a result of of a pathetic bit of handbags, but each to their own eh! 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Do wonder what the reaction would be if it wasn’t Lawrence. 

Chris Martin, perhaps? 

No different I suspect, stupid acts are stupid no matter who commits them. However it was Lawrence doing something stupid.......again ??‍♂️

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

On the THIRD time of Lawrence going at him.

Nope. On first approach, he almost headlocks him away. Lawrence came back and was pushed away, came back again and stuck the nut on him and received a crowpeck in return. No excuses. He’s an idiot. 

I thought Wisdom was absolutely superb today. My man of the match, they gave him a lot of space in the first half and he was spraying passes and dribbling it out like Keogh did. Excellent game after a shaky first game back.

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

One of the myriad of reasons I never would have become a successful professional footballer is that I lack the temperament. 
it’s got piss all to do with the ‘human element’ (not sure what this is anyway) and everything to do with professionalism. 

Who’s to say that sort of fire isn’t the reason he’s made it as a professional footballer? 

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Something was said before the end of the game, lawrence had seemingly lost his head way before the final whistle. It was maybe time for someone to have a word with him, the captain or even the ref just to get his head sorted.

Really easy to say he shouldn’t react, we have no idea what was said or what was happening. It’s quite obviously something was said or something happened before that was out of order.

Going to miss Tom over the next few games. Cocu looked quite angry about it on RamsTV saying that we can't have players missing games for their own actions in our squad. 

Onwards to the next game, vital we get the 3pts at Deepdale. 

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I’m not sure that’s the case. We’ve all seen him play. 

if it were the case, he needs to control it. Like Vulcans do. 

I honestly don’t think he has the pure technical ability to make it as a decent Championship player without some extra quality.

Archived