v Reading (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

This is why Lawrence will never be truly loved by our fans.

He goes from the sublime to the ridiculous far too often. He has a reckless streak and his actions end up hurting the team.

I’ve seen the video and Miazga will get a lengthy ban for what he did, but Lawrence will too for the headbutt.

Totally unavoidable, especially when there were two occasions when distance was created and Lawrence could have walked away.

It’s on moments like these which seasons can turn. It’s very frustrating.

Lawrence is clearly an important player for Cocu and with such a difficult run in, you want all of your key players fit and available.

We can only hope someone takes their opportunity and runs with it.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's strange the number of comments stating how much we will miss Tom Lawrence when you compare with the Ratings Thread where 3 posters out of 4 so far have given him ratings today of 4, 5 and 6.

I guess there’s a lot who just don’t like him. He’s a good player who scores goals, I’m not sure who can replace that in the squad we have. Thought he was a solid 7 today

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

He’s right but it’s beside the point. He shouldn’t react 

Yep, and the thing is it wasn’t in the middle of the game with ganders up, when all of us could fail to be controlled, but we’d won, he had a chance to just smile or laugh. 

he was daft, but it’s forgivable and he’ll be kicking himself. Learn from it Tom .. that’s all 

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Do wonder what the reaction would be if it wasn’t Lawrence. 

Chris Martin, perhaps? 

Martin would have been flat-packing himself at the first whiff of a swing from Miazga.  There would have been just the one red card in that scenario!

I would replace Lawrence with Knight. The whole squad won us a difficult game today. Subs up for it as much as starting eleven. Cocu is getting so much out of all these players. First ten minutes looked like Ajax on their day off. Maybe more true to say PSV on their day off. Suddenly every player seems to know what to do and when to do it. Rooney is enjoying his football and getting zero flack. I think that he loves it at Derby and will sign for another year. Beckenbauer on his day off. Not busting a gut so how long can he play. He has the young players and Shinnie around him who will do exactly what he asks because they can see it working.

16 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

This is why Lawrence will never be truly loved by our fans.

He goes from the sublime to the ridiculous far too often. He has a reckless streak and his actions end up hurting the team.

I’ve seen the video and Miazga will get a lengthy ban for what he did, but Lawrence will too for the headbutt.

Totally unavoidable, especially when there were two occasions when distance was created and Lawrence could have walked away.

It’s on moments like these which seasons can turn. It’s very frustrating.

Lawrence is clearly an important player for Cocu and with such a difficult run in, you want all of your key players fit and available.

We can only hope someone takes their opportunity and runs with it.

It's a shame that Anya has already left the club could have gone out with a bang ?

14 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I guess there’s a lot who just don’t like him. He’s a good player who scores goals, I’m not sure who can replace that in the squad we have. Thought he was a solid 7 today

I love the lad, I'm just pissed off we're going into the toughest run of games all season without him. I thought after a rocky start he was good today as well. Even if he hadn't been, it was his goal that secured the 3 points. He can win games even off his best form and that'll be missed. We've done so well to get right back in the hunt now, just hoping his loss doesn't hurt us.

2 hours ago, Topram said:

From the Video Lawrence does nothing to get a red card until the last second when he goes to headbutt him, that’s after there player slapped him and strangled him 

I'm very disappointed with Lawrence ,should have decked him.

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I love the lad, I'm just pissed off we're going into the toughest run of games all season without him. I thought after a rocky start he was good today as well. Even if he hadn't been, it was his goal that secured the 3 points. He can win games even off his best form and that'll be missed. We've done so well to get right back in the hunt now, just hoping his loss doesn't hurt us.

Me too I think he can be a wonderful player. I’m also so pissed off with him though, it could of been so avoidable and takes the shine of a gritty performance. He’s going to be such a huge loss, you can see the respect and loyalty Cocu has placed in him (keeping him on for 90mims today for instance) so it shows what an important player he is to our system and way of playing. Let’s hope someone can step up and shine. COYR ?

17 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Good three points but defence looking dodgy and several defenders looking leggy and lazy tracking back.

Hamer !? Surely we can do better !??‍♂️? The lunch for their goal ..!!????‍♂️Limp- wristed...

The 'what are you eating?' thread is over there.

21 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Good three points but defence looking dodgy and several defenders looking leggy and lazy tracking back.

Hamer !? Surely we can do better !??‍♂️? The lunch for their goal ..!!????‍♂️Limp- wristed...

Bens on toast, or a Hamer sandwich?

Archived