v Reading (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, sage said:

He kept going back for more. That has had a major negative impact on our promotion chances. We are now going to 2 games a week. We look knackered after 60 mins and with Marriott injured we don't have any/much cover. 

How has it? I thought he was rubbish? Three whole games of him not being picked to look forward to now! Exciting! 

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Do wonder what the reaction would be if it wasn’t Lawrence. 

Chris Martin, perhaps? 

People pick on Lawrence because he has years of previous form... you don't get labelled a petulant,volatile but talented lad who has good games, and awful games for nothing, in the same way that the other player you mention is a talented player with vision and guile, but no pace, who goes to ground annoyingly often at the slightest touch...

I think the reactions are what i would expect to read on here, you reap what you sow.

I honestly don't see loosing Lawrence as much of a negative, he provides goals at times like today but his all round play is sloppy and he doesn't create many chances for other players, would like to see Jozefoon given a chance as although he hasn't featured much there is definitely a good player there and he is someone who is a natural winger with a lot of pace which is something we lack if we play Waghorn out wide.

12 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’ve watched the video, as I’ve said he reacted to something that happened before the end of the game. He lost his head quite a few minutes before, we don’t know what it was but he’s not reacting to nothing here. Stuff like that happens to the best of us, it needed someone to have a word and get his head back for the last few minutes, even if it was the ref.

All well and good but your post suggested those pics were what caused him to react which simply  isn't true. He'd already nutted the guy!!!

Tom owes the club and he owes the fans and this is from someone who's probably backed him more than any other poster on the forum. That's not the way to repay the faith, I'm afraid. Not even close. I'm not disputing that there was some kind of provocation, I'm saying what purpose has his subsequent actions served? What's the benefit? To him or the club?

And moreover, you do that sort of poo on the street you can end up in all sorts of bother. Trust me, I know! It should be no different on the pitch.

Anyway, enough from me on the matter. Three valuable points and our fate still in our hands. I'll take that and move on.

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

How has it? I thought he was rubbish? Three whole games of him not being picked to look forward to now! Exciting! 

He is talented that is why he is so frustrating. I may be excited if the replacement  was Russell, Ward or Dawkins. It's not. It's Josefzoon. Or Whittaker. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

No, Lawrence shouldn’t have done what he did.

But I’d like to see you walk away after someone slaps you in the face and put their hands around your neck.

Lawrence must have told Miazga that he had put a bit of weight on since he last saw him and his arse was looking big too. That’s exactly the reaction I got from a girl I saw on a night out. I was proper bladdered too.

20 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Got to love Shinnie though, running over fuming, red faced pointing in his face. A tough guy on your team who has everyone's backs. Forget Wisdom, the bearded Scots on your side! 

...but what if the ref had decided Shinnie was being overly aggressive and gave him a second yellow card?  It wouldn't be so brilliant then!

7 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

All well and good but your post suggested those pics were what caused him to react which simply  isn't true. He'd already nutted the guy!!!

Tom owes the club and he owes the fans and this is from someone who's probably backed him more than any other poster on the forum. That's not the way to repay the faith, I'm afraid. Not even close. I'm not disputing that there was some kind of provocation, I'm saying what purpose has his subsequent actions served? What's the benefit? To him or the club?

And moreover, you do that sort of poo on the street you can end up in all sorts of bother. Trust me, I know!  

Anyway, enough from me on the matter. Three valuable points and our fate still in our hands. I'll take that and move on.

Just having a bit of fun mate, so many responses on here after the game are ociding on Hamer or virtue signalling over this Lawrence situation when they don’t know what was said.

I keep repeating it but it was quite clear something happened between the two before the final whistle, it needed someone to have a word or even the ref to spot something was happening before it boiled over.

Yeh it’s frustratin, I’m not making out that it’s ok but I’m not gonna get on my high horse about it without the context, or atleast hear Cocu’s reaction. I don’t think others should either without the full ins and outs.

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

ust having a bit of fun mate, so many responses on here after the game are ociding on Hamer or virtue signalling over this Lawrence situation when they don’t know what was said.

Virtue signalling. FFS ? Because they don't agree with you? OK mate ?

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Yeh it’s frustratin, I’m not making out that it’s ok but I’m not gonna get on my high horse about it without the context, or atleast hear Cocu’s reaction. I don’t think others should either without the full ins and outs.

Archived