v Reading (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I am one of the few remaining who has never gone full Chris Martin fan boy. 

He has a great touch, has a bit of class and scores goals. But he isn't very mobile and today it was interesting how without Waghorn leading the line we lost a bit of energy and spark. With Rooney behind and a lack of width the balance in attack didn't look quite right. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I’m not sure that’s the case. We’ve all seen him play. 

if it were the case, he needs to control it. Like Vulcans do. 

I'm just glad he did it after the whistle and not before,  I think if we had been down to ten men we might have struggled to Klingon to the win.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

I think I am one of the few remaining who has never gone full Chris Martin fan boy. 

He has a great touch, has a bit of class and scores goals. But he isn't very mobile and today it was interesting how without Waghorn leading the line we lost a bit of energy and spark. With Rooney behind and a lack of width the balance in attack didn't look quite right. 

Totally agree.......

and I do like Chris Martin.

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Nope. On first approach, he almost headlocks him away. Lawrence came back and was pushed away, came back again and stuck the nut on him and received a crowpeck in return. No excuses. He’s an idiot. 

First approach of the video I saw, Lawrence walks towards him and they chest bump. But anyway whenever and more than once, Lawrence came back!

28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

How many people get shoved in the throat and slapped (or whatever that was) and walk away. 

Great if you can walk away and end it. But I would expect a smack on the nose if I did that to somebody. 

I wouldn't even advise my own kids to do the right thing and walk away! Right thing or not

Perhaps I’m not the best person to ask, I’m basically a pacifist, never really been in a physical fight in my life (plenty of verbals mind), so no way would I have reacted the way Lawrence did.

But I do still think there’s a difference when it’s on a football pitch though. When you’re out on the street, you can react a bit and there’s no real threat of anything other than a slap on the wrist if a police officer sees you. But when you’re a pro footballer, you’ve got to go on the pitch knowing that any sort of violent conduct results in severe punishment. He’s lost his head, simple as that. Somewhat understandably, but he’s got to learn to remain calmer on the pitch - the number of yellow cards he’s had shows a lack of discipline.

Decent win.  Very good 1st half, not at it 2nd.  Folk saying it was back to wall stuff but bar the absolute gimme from Hamer, they didn't really carve us open.  

Shame Lawrence spoiled his copy book at the end.  He's had a good game up until then.

Bird MOTM for me, he was everywhere, tidying things up, and looked after the ball really well.  Wisdom ran him very close.

Without Miazga's clothesline at Lawrence, all that would be is a separation by the ref of the two. He didn't headbutt him he barely leant in at an angle, the headbutt was after Miazga's first 2 goes at him.

No way should that be a 3 game ban on Lawrence, no ducking way. Drop the bias against Lawrence, if that was a Sibley or a Forsyth there wouldn't be half as much uproar. 

Got to love Shinnie though, running over fuming, red faced pointing in his face. A tough guy on your team who has everyone's backs. Forget Wisdom, the bearded Scots on your side! 

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Those pics are from after he's headbutted the fella. Miazaga already has blood on his face. Watch the video.

I’ve watched the video, as I’ve said he reacted to something that happened before the end of the game. He lost his head quite a few minutes before, we don’t know what it was but he’s not reacting to nothing here. Stuff like that happens to the best of us, it needed someone to have a word and get his head back for the last few minutes, even if it was the ref.

41 minutes ago, nottingram said:

???? anyone not reacting to having their neck grabbed TWICE has the patience of a saint 

He kept going back for more. That has had a major negative impact on our promotion chances. We are now going to 2 games a week. We look knackered after 60 mins and with Marriott injured we don't have any/much cover. 

Archived