Live football thread.

Rev

13 hours ago, JfR said:

With all the talk about Leeds, it shouldn't be forgotten that West Brom had a 12 point lead over 3rd place Fulham in mid-December and now look likely to end up in the playoffs, and for it not to be Fulham to overtake them. Pretty poor when you consider the quality they have.

I hope West Brom don’t get promoted now. How could they duck that one up? 

Don’t want forest, don’t want West Brom, don’t want Cardiff. So come on Fulham. 

I hope we don't give them a guard of honour. Standing around clapping opponents is a load of poo. 

Like shaking hands before a game. 

Such a load of poo. I wouldn't care if Derby won the league and there was no weird clapping baalocks. 

Back in my school days such behaviour was 'gaaaay'. I don't think that's as harmless as it was back then but it's definitely crap

I say... If Brentford let us down today, and a guard of honour is required tomorrow... we form the narrowest of narrow corridors for them to negotiate.

Two lines of Derby players, facing each other, and stood 0.5 metres apart.

... And blame the sneezing on the fact that someone has just mowed the grass!

Yes... I know this is no laughing matter... but that's no reason not to laugh!

47 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I say... If Brentford let us down today, and a guard of honour is required tomorrow... we form the narrowest of narrow corridors for them to negotiate.

Two lines of Derby players, facing each other, and stood 0.5 metres apart.

... And blame the sneezing on the fact that someone has just mowed the grass!

Yes... I know this is no laughing matter... but that's no reason not to laugh!

Or a really slow sarcastic clap. Smuggle Rooney a phone so he can be texting and just clapping one hand on his leg. Then have one player got OTT with being happy for them. Handshakes, hugs, air punches and maybe a quick congratulations to a Leeds player that lasts awkwardly too long. 

On 12/07/2020 at 17:36, JfR said:

I've just realised that with the Leeds game being moved to Sunday, if Leeds beat Barnsley, West Brom don't win at least one of their next two games and Brentford drop points in their next two games then we have to give them a guard of honour

I'm going to go and put some money on Forest to get promoted, so when that inevitably happens as well I'll at least be able to console myself with a few quid

42 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Wigan relegated now unless their point deduction is overturned, they will be out of the relegation spot by 11 points if they will their final game. 

I don't know what table you're looking at, but they're currently 10 points clear so a win in their final game still gives them a chance.

If they win and both Luton and Charlton draw their games there'd be 3 teams on 49 points with Wigan having by far the best goal difference.

Edited by Coconut

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Forest setting themselves up for some last day squeaky bum time, thanks to resting half their team when needing a point to guarantee play offs

We are all Stoke, Swansea and Cardiff 

Not really. Their goal difference will see them safely in the playoffs. Cardiff & Swansea games are the ones to watch.