Live football thread.

Rev

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why? Bournemouth would have the smallest budget if they came down, and would probably be the least likely to spend their way back up. I'd want Villa to stay up as I see them as a greater threat in the Championship.

https://www.givemesport.com/1531453-the-25-clubs-with-the-biggest-transfer-net-spent-this-decade#:~:text=20 | Bournemouth | Net spend%3A,most expensive signings to date.

Villa at 18th = £212m

Bournemouth at 20th = £198m

ps

Stoke = £191m

Bournemouth merely prove the point about the premier league - thats its all about the TV, commercial and related deals and nothing to do with attending fans. And that attracts the cash from all over the world.

Could in theory replicate that with any lower league club.

Rochdale for the prem in 2030 anyone??

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why? Bournemouth would have the smallest budget if they came down, and would probably be the least likely to spend their way back up. I'd want Villa to stay up as I see them as a greater threat in the Championship.

Because I would laugh and laugh and laugh if Aston Villa went down. They were lucky last time to scrape up before they imploded. Maybe they won’t be so lucky this time. 

i don’t really care either way about Bournemouth.

i certainly don’t think tactically about which teams might be more of a threat or not. They’re all a threat, similarly, we want to aim to be good enough that no one could be considered a threat. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Swansea have already scored more, so level GD will see them leap frog Forest.

Just a mere 3 goal swing required now... 2 more for Swansea, and 1 more for Stoke, will do nicely!  ?

Or 4... 2 each... meh... whatever!

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in life, it’s that you should never listen to @MuespachRam

Yep...!! Ha ha that is so true... the best one ever is that I was at old traffics to see Ronaldo play his first game for them and walked out and told my friend I could mark him out of the game and he would never make it...

footballing brain....