Live football thread.

Rev

I've just realised that with the Leeds game being moved to Sunday, if Leeds beat Barnsley, West Brom don't win at least one of their next two games and Brentford drop points in their next two games then we have to give them a guard of honour

Edited by JfR

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

I've just realised that with the Leeds game being moved to Sunday, if Leeds beat Barnsley, West Brom don't win at least one of their next two games and Brentford drop points in their next two games then we have to give them a guard of honour

I suppose under the current situation, the most polite thing our players could do would be to politely turn their backs to them, and face away from them, to avoid breathing/sneezing/coughing in their direction.

...Well... That would be my excuse, anyway!   ?

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Think West Brom will save us that. If not get the sprinklers and refrigeration units out to ice those paths Cardiff 17/18 style.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think West Brom will save us that. If not get the sprinklers and refrigeration units out to ice those paths Cardiff 17/18 style.

Yeah, you'd have to back West Brom to win at least one of their coming games, especially with how poor Huddersfield have looked as of late, and failing that Brentford are definitely a better side than Preston and Stoke and are more than capable of beating both, but with the way the season's gone so far it would really be the cherry on the cake.

4 hours ago, SKRam said:

I’m trying not to enjoy a teams demise, but flicking between Stoke, cricket and Villa now..... If Villa do fail I hope we get pictures of Prince Williams reaction, a la Wembley last season smug GIF

Looking at Watfords fixtures i fancy that they will go instead if they don't get points against West ham .  Can see Villa getting 6 more points against Everton and West Ham.

Now Kasper Schmeichel's come out in solidarity with Ben Hamer by blasting a clearance into the back of one of his own players on the edge of his box, resulting in the defender having to foul the Bournemouth player and give away a penalty.

..and less than a minute later he's let one for straight through him to put Bournemouth 2-1 up!

Edited by Coconut

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Now Kasper Schmeichel's come out in solidarity with Ben Hamer by blasting a clearance into the back of one of his own players on the edge of his box, resulting in the defender having to foul the Bournemouth player and give away a penalty.

..and less than a minute later he's let one for straight through him to put Bournemouth 2-1 up!

What a comedy that was! The defender turned his back too, so he was to blame also for me. Leicester capitulated, not sure about the sending off but he seemed to accept it. 4-1 Who expected that! 
PS Didn’t see Harry Wilson is he crocked? 

Edited by SKRam
Harry Wilson

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Unbelievable defending for all 5 goals ?

7 minutes ago, SKRam said:

What a comedy that was! The defender turned his back too, so he was to blame also for me. Leicester capitulated, not sure about the sending off but he seemed to accept it. 4-1 Who expected that! 
PS Didn’t see Harry Wilson is he crocked? 

Bournemouth player pushed him into the net. He turned round and kicked him (maybe twice?).

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bournemouth player pushed him into the net. He turned round and kicked him (maybe twice?).

....or did he have his foot sandwiched between the Bournemouth lads thighs ?

4 hours ago, JfR said:

Or, a different scenario is this:

brentford win every game til the end of the season, and Leeds also win their next two, while West Brom keep pace. 

then we beat Leeds to keep our tiny play off hopes alive. 

this would mean that on the last day of the season, if Leeds lose and Brentford win, Brentford would overtake them on goal difference. 

id still expect Leeds to best charlton, but I’d love to beat them to put that kind of pressure on them on the last day.