Live football thread.

Rev

22 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It’s probably been said already but.... why are the announcers at all games announcing the teams to empty stadiums ???‍♂️

Guess they’re trying to make it as ‘normal’ as possible 

15 minutes ago, SKRam said:

From what I’ve seen of Barnsley they’ve played well but looks like Dirites will only need a point to confirm promotion. ?

Hopefully it'll be confirmed on Saturday before we play them!

16 minutes ago, SKRam said:

From what I’ve seen of Barnsley they’ve played well but looks like Dirites will only need a point to confirm promotion. ?

Obviously they must have played well all season, but that bit of help to get over the line also needs to go your way. og today . injury time winner against Swansea.  Hopefully we can raise our game, the other two win and we can leave them sweating against Charlton who need to win. That wouldn't be an easy match.  Denied autos by the prodigal son Bowyer and us . That would be a laugh.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Hopefully it'll be confirmed on Saturday before we play them!

There's only one ideal scenario... wins for West Brom (Fri), Brentford (Sat), and then us on Sun... so they achieve nothing this weekend.

Anything else, and The dirties will ether be promoted before our game, or on the final whistle.
Worst case, Brom & Brentford both fail to win, and our players have to form a guard of honour for the new champions!  Perish the thought!  The only blessing is that their fans won't be invading our stadium and rubbing our noses in it!  

44 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Obviously they must have played well all season, but that bit of help to get over the line also needs to go your way. og today . injury time winner against Swansea.  Hopefully we can raise our game, the other two win and we can leave them sweating against Charlton who need to win. That wouldn't be an easy match.  Denied autos by the prodigal son Bowyer and us . That would be a laugh.

Sorry I meant Barnsley played well! But if we can help spoil the party then we should have an incentive 

59 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

There's only one ideal scenario... wins for West Brom (Fri), Brentford (Sat), and then us on Sun... so they achieve nothing this weekend.

Anything else, and The dirties will ether be promoted before our game, or on the final whistle.
Worst case, Brom & Brentford both fail to win, and our players have to form a guard of honour for the new champions!  Perish the thought!  The only blessing is that their fans won't be invading our stadium and rubbing our noses in it!  

Damn, that means my ideal scenario of both stoke and boro being relegated can’t happen. Only one of them can. Might as well go for stoke. That means I can root for boro (eeuuughh) against Cardiff. 

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Huddersfield currently 1-0 up. As it stands, Leeds are champions.  Cmon West Brom!

532CF476-C687-428A-B413-69C2E55B8C9A.thumb.jpeg.ebe322d7c813109b00108efb35715f06.jpeg

Not Quite.  Brentford can still match Leeds' current points tally, and have a better GD.

They would, however, be promoted, as things stand.

59 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Pedant! You knew what I meant!

I've never denied my pedantry, and on many occasions, your response would have been just and fair, but on this occasion, I feel my correction warranted.

In all honesty, I thought you meant exactly what you wrote, which just so happened to be wrong.

Apologies if you're offended, but facts are facts, and your post was misleading to the reader, so I'll not apologise for the actual post.

Anyway... just checked... 70mins gone... 1-1 now... so there's still time for The Baggies to snatch a winner, and make this whole conversation moot!   ?