Mason Bennett

The content itself doesn’t bother me. I don’t know the context of it, and to be honest I don’t really care.

The worrying thing for Bennett, is you’d think he’d have learnt from the Joiners fiasco and be staying well away from social media videos....apparently not though. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The content itself doesn’t bother me. I don’t know the context of it, and to be honest I don’t really care.

The worrying thing for Bennett, is you’d think he’d have learnt from the Joiners fiasco and be staying well away from social media videos....apparently not though. 

When you’re thick, you’re thick - not something you can somehow get better from....

I suppose in some respects it poses the same question as the wonder goal he scored. "Did he really mean it?" At the end of the day the answer to either doesn't really matter to me. The wonder goal I enjoyed it regardless and this latest faux pas isn't really worth losing your shi'ite over in the grand scheme of things.

1 hour ago, PrivateDerby said:

I’m sure we’ve all said similar things to mates when we’ve left jobs or moved on... problem is people film everything now and when it comes out its judged by every man and his dog.

Still like him, given us some good times and some laughs ?

Wish he’d just crack on with his football like we all want or wanted him to! 

As sweeping statements go that ones out there.There was NO humour in his voice and very little happening between his ears

People can get so sensitive about things like this, it's crazy. It's most obviously a joke due to being loaned out between friends who are probably Derby fans in his friendship group. I know why this got the time of day, but if you think that this in real terms absolutely anything at all then don't be so soft. I've moved workplaces in the past and made comments in jest, it really doesn't mean anything. 

Please everyone, think before you criticise a professional footballer. They slave away for our entertainment with such paltry monetary compensation. They truly are the best of us. The last thing I'd ever want to do is say something that Maison Bennett didn't like. Let's show a bit of respect eh? Maybe we can start a collection for him to show how sorry we are?

33 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

I'm waiting fer all folk to come on here and defend him by saying hes young and didn't really know what he was doing like they did wi car crash....come on where are ya .... ???? Hes one of our own , hes one of own Mason Bennett , hes one of our own... hahahahahaha

Wrong post...ooops

21 minutes ago, Anon said:

Please everyone, think before you criticise a professional footballer. They slave away for our entertainment with such paltry monetary compensation. They truly are the best of us. The last thing I'd ever want to do is say something that Maison Bennett didn't like. Let's show a bit of respect eh? Maybe we can start a collection for him to show how sorry we are?

You're right, I'll throw in a box of matches.

He's had enough examples this year to understand he is in a position of privelige and profile, and with that comes the potential for these sorts of things to happen.

Whether it's right or not, he should know not to have made that video. Just be professional.

He's not the smartest tool in the box but were talking nuclear physics here. Dont post social media videos that are open to interpretation. It's pretty bloody simple.

Time to go Mason 25 years old next season, Millwall will suit u, not good enough for Derby, plenty of chances  to impress, we have alot better coming through our academy, in fact in a couple of years time, u will be a league 1 player, now get your coat and shut the door on your way out. 

It's clearly a joke between friends which is probably partly to do with being upset that he's been loaned out. We've all said and done stupid things with friends which I'm sure would paint us in a bad light if it got out. However, given what happened at the beginning of the year you'd have thought he'd have been more careful.. at least make sure you're not being filmed when saying it. 

2 hours ago, David said:

But that video was intended to be private, between mates. Without context I can’t call the content foolish, maybe they used pictures of Millwall, Rowett making similar comments. 

On initial viewing without context, yes it looks bad, but he was quick to tweet after it went public to clarify it was a joke between friends.

For me, the worst thing here is so called mates leaking private videos, they will have known the year he’s had and to do this, sorry but they are no mates and that is what Mason is guilty here of, foolishly thinking they were his mates.

I probably wouldn't agree that is the worst thing with all this.

Admittedly had someone in his friendship group decided not to leak it then us fans would never have known about it. The fact that we have seen this and we now know this is how Mason thinks, I'd say that is probably the worst thing.

Also concerning, if he has sent that video to a group of 'trusted' friends, do they share the same sort of views?

When sending controversial videos on Facebook you tend to send them to those that you know will appreciate them, would be interesting to know who else was in his little group. 

Reading the thread title has reminded me just how wonderful our language is, and how fascinating it can be when said language evolves with the times.

Why, I remember the days of yore when upon reading/hearing/seeing something that was clearly incredulous, or left you feeling exasperated, literally the very first response always used to be "Gordon Bennett"!  ?

Archived