Mason Bennett

Who is really that bothered ?‍♂️

He isn't good enough to play for Derby. He's lucky to still be playing in this division & in my opinion is a league one player at best. 

If it was a legend for us like a paulo wanchope or igor I'd be a bit upset that thay could think that but it's just small mind mentally from a small mind player who isn't good enough

I'm sure people have gone to work in a big company & thought I hope it burns etc & when that employee leave the employer isn't bothered because they're easily replaced & not a big part of the business. Same with Bennett. If Derby is such a bad employer then move on mate nobody will be bothered or miss him

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When sending controversial videos on Facebook you tend to send them to those that you know will appreciate them, would be interesting to know who else was in his little group

Richard Keogh?

Feel like it's somewhat flogging a dead horse here... This is showing exactly why Cocu shipped Bennett to the u23s then out on loan but brought Lawrence back in. At least Tom's had some humility to his actions as well as proving himself on the pitch, I feel like Mason has shown anything but on both counts. 

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

The content itself doesn’t bother me. I don’t know the context of it, and to be honest I don’t really care.

The worrying thing for Bennett, is you’d think he’d have learnt from the Joiners fiasco and be staying well away from social media videos....apparently not though. 

Almost like...I don’t know...he is stupid? 

It reminds me of something my father use to say regarding stupidness, “ if brains were dynamite he wouldn’t part his hair”.

Personally it appears to sum him up totally time for him to draw a line and move on, and definitely not with us.

Joke or no joke, time to sack him. It’s just tiring to deal with these things.

If we are still paying him, we save some money.

Sack him, he can’t even play for Millwall I would suspect as he wouldn’t be employed by us and couldn’t sign for them.

He’s already had gross misconduct so anything else would just push it over the edge.

What a moron.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I still think he has plenty to offer football wise to Derby county

He’s not offered anything in all of his time here, what makes you think he will now? He’s useless, an awful footballer and thick as pig poo.......get rid 

I’m sorry but why do we continue to suffer these irresponsible immature planks. Even if it’s his social circle rather than he himself who are guilty of putting this in the public domain it’s unforgivable that after many years as a pro footballer he still can’t pick his ‘friends’ wisely. In the current climate enough is enough. Get rid and move one. Apologies are simply hollow words ??

4 hours ago, David said:

He should be able to privately send videos to mates without them being leaked on the internet, footballer or not.

He *should* but he is obviously so thick that he couldn't imagine that what happened to Hudds to could happen to him? He's on his way right down if he doesn't stop and pull himself up.

When the Joiners Arms incident occurred someone suggested that Derby should call a meeting with all the playing staff including academy players and they should have stood Mason up in front of everyone and sacked him on the spot. Send a real message to our youth team that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated. I agreed fully.

Instead he missed a game and comes straight back in, it sent a really bad message and thos continued behaviour shows sacking him on the spot would have been justified.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I still think he has plenty to offer football wise to Derby county but goodness me what a level of stupidity he has shown 

( expect a two week fine Mason - yes we can still fine you)

You really think at 25 he still has alot to offer ??? Wow tha must ha been watching a different player to me mi owd ... can ya imagine doing ya job at 15 and not progressing ? Do ya reckon ya gaffer would still say 10 year later hes still not quite there yet but hes got a lot of potential.... tha would be darn road mi owd.

1 hour ago, Rosythram said:

It reminds me of something my father use to say regarding stupidness, “ if brains were dynamite he wouldn’t part his hair”.

Personally it appears to sum him up totally time for him to draw a line and move on, and definitely not with us.

I used ta say if his brains wa dynamite he wunt have enough ta pop his ear drum ... 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

If it's a joke it's in extremely poor taste.

I think I'm allowed to say that as someone who has backed Bennett on here through thick and thin. 

I feel a bit disappointed. 

Time to move on, Mason.

You got it Angie, broke in around the same time as Hughes, never fully fulfilled potential under numerous Managers, partly because unfortunately he’s injury prone, partly because he’s not really good enough at this level.

Clearly lacking upstairs a bit, even a dimwit ought to have a bit more respect after this level of perseverance by the club than Mason has shown this season.

Just plain get rid on all fronts.

Well stuff him then. Hes an average player getting a pass for being one of our own. He got away with the drink driving and after this unfortunately for me it's "Bye have fun at Millwall. If of course they'll take you". What an absolute tool that lad has turned into. 

Archived