Mason Bennett

2 minutes ago, David said:

But that video was intended to be private, between mates. Without context I can’t call the content foolish, maybe they used pictures of Millwall, Rowett making similar comments. 

On initial viewing without context, yes it looks bad, but he was quick to tweet after it went public to clarify it was a joke between friends.

For me, the worst thing here is so called mates leaking private videos, they will have known the year he’s had and to do this, sorry but they are no mates and that is what Mason is guilty here of, foolishly thinking they were his mates.

He's also guilty of making an offensive joke about arson (regardless of whether we know the correct context or not). Perhaps he should use his brain a bit before making or posting videos like that. The excuse he's made about it being a private joke is poor in my opinion and without anyone backing it up I can't see it as anything other than another dig at the club that has brought him up from a youth player to professional footballer.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sure we’ve all said similar things to mates when we’ve left jobs or moved on... problem is people film everything now and when it comes out its judged by every man and his dog.

Still like him, given us some good times and some laughs ?

Wish he’d just crack on with his football like we all want or wanted him to! 

1 minute ago, roboto said:

He's also guilty of making an offensive joke about arson (regardless of whether we know the correct context or not). Perhaps he should use his brain a bit before making or posting videos like that. The excuse he's made about it being a private joke is poor in my opinion and without anyone backing it up I can't see it as anything other than another dig at the club that has brought him up from a youth player to professional footballer.

Arson? Come on now, that’s going a bit extreme with this. If that’s where this is going I’ll back out of this one and let you all get your pitchforks out...not literally though!

27 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There's literally no excuse for it. Earlier in the season, a video emerged of him knocking one out in a urinal at Hillsborough. If he didn't learn his lesson then that private stories don't stay private, then there's absolutely no hope.

Fixed it for you ?

18 minutes ago, David said:

Arson? Come on now, that’s going a bit extreme with this. If that’s where this is going I’ll back out of this one and let you all get your pitchforks out...not literally though!

It is extreme yes, but what else can you construe his comments as? He isn't the brightest of sparks (from all accounts) so I find it hard to believe he meant the words in any other way.

I do hope he was not silly enough to be driving? He was only banned last October......

Whilst he has every right to send private videos to his mates, his employer has every right for him not to act in a manner that will bring disrepute upon the club. I hope his PFA subscriptions are up to date, I have the feeling he may be requiring their services.

1 minute ago, roboto said:

It is extreme yes, but what else can you construe his comments as? He isn't the brightest of sparks (from all accounts) so I find it hard to believe he meant the words in any other way.

No context. 

To throw an example out there he received a video of down London, driving past the Den, “Burn it down, burn it down”

Tit for tat.

Pretty sure some of us on here at some point will have said burn the City Ground down but with zero intention of doing so. 

This video by itself looks bad, it does, but his tweet which came out pretty quick makes me more ok, this was just private banter.

Pretty sure worse goes down between players, we had that Sean Morrison and Keogh thing last season, again something that was meant to remain private in a WhatsApp group, this stuff will happen all the time, it’s honestly no big thing unless we turn it into one.

Chances are Bennett won’t play for us again anyway regardless of this video, bigger things going on in the world right now to lose our heads over this out of context video. 

I’ll back out now anyhow, let others have their say on this which I’m sure they will ?

1 hour ago, David said:

He should be able to privately send videos to mates without them being leaked on the internet, footballer or not.

Sorry,  if I had a problem with an employer I wouldn't film myself outside screaming fecking burn . It's stupidity of the highest order. Particularly, if that employer had given me ten yrs of almost constant sick pay, renewed my contract on three occasions despite of this and had allowed me to keep my contract in highly dubious circumstances . Additionally, they then helped me get a job with another company when I was nearing the end of my contract . 

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sorry,  if I had a problem with an employer I wouldn't film myself outside screaming fecking burn . It's stupidity of the highest order. Particularly, if that employer had given me ten yrs of almost constant sick pay, renewed my contract on three occasions despite of this and had allowed me to keep my contract in highly dubious circumstances . Additionally, they then helped me get a job with another company when I was nearing the end of my contract . 

We don’t know that he does have a problem with his employer.

It was a private video, joke between mates. 

58 minutes ago, David said:

But that video was intended to be private, between mates. Without context I can’t call the content foolish, maybe they used pictures of Millwall, Rowett making similar comments. 

On initial viewing without context, yes it looks bad, but he was quick to tweet after it went public to clarify it was a joke between friends.

For me, the worst thing here is so called mates leaking private videos, they will have known the year he’s had and to do this, sorry but they are no mates and that is what Mason is guilty here of, foolishly thinking they were his mates.

Needs to get Coleen on the case.

59 minutes ago, David said:

There’s a point though where you have said all of your apologies and have to move on, live your life. 

He’s doing that, and been thrown under the bus by a so called mate. I don’t care if you’re a footballer or road sweeper, mates don’t do that. 

I hope he does finally learn a lesson from this though and review those in his “private” circle. 

Best thing he could do now is get Colleen Rooney round to find the rogue “mate”

My point wasn't whether he owes anything to the club (incidentally, I still think he does). My point was that the exact same thing happened to Tom Huddlestone, so you'd have thought he'd have learned that 'private' stories don't say private. It just so happens that Huddlestone's video actually involved Bennett himself throwing up in a urinal, so you'd expect the lesson to have stuck in his skull even more. Clearly not.

There's absolutely no excuse for the rank stupidity he's shown. I'm not even passing comment on whether I find it offensive or whether he should review his friendship circle because they're irrelevant the point I'm making. 

the good thing about this is that if there was ever any doubt that the useless pile of poop was ever playing for us again then it is definitely not in doubt now..

Now we have to be on the search for a striker to replace him, someone with a similar prolific record, someone who can hit the crazy heights of scoring 1 goal every time we get a new reigning monarch.

I'm waiting fer all folk to come on here and defend him by saying hes young and didn't really know what he was doing like they did wi car crash....come on where are ya .... ???? Hes one of our own , hes one of own Mason Bennett , hes one of our own... hahahahahaha

*logs on to dcfcfans to see if it’s people just revelling at the chance to have a go at a player they don’t like*

”Yep it’s just people revelling at the chance to have a go at a player they don’t like”

Ciao, sure something else will happen soon for the faux outraged lot.

Archived