Mason Bennett

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

When does he contract expire? If it has another year and it’s true the club have only ‘had a word’ then that’s pretty poor from a club bleeding cash.

Do you suggest we take this approach?

From what I've read, he was talking to Grahame Shinney.

If true, it's highly unlikely he meant any disrespect, just dressing room banter.

Unfortunate it's now public domain, but there's bigger sticks to beat him with if you wish.

On 6 May 2020 at 17:01, David said:

But that video was intended to be private, between mates. Without context I can’t call the content foolish, maybe they used pictures of Millwall, Rowett making similar comments. 

On initial viewing without context, yes it looks bad, but he was quick to tweet after it went public to clarify it was a joke between friends.

For me, the worst thing here is so called mates leaking private videos, they will have known the year he’s had and to do this, sorry but they are no mates and that is what Mason is guilty here of, foolishly thinking they were his mates.

You are far more forgiving or thoughtful than many. The context for me IS Mason Bennett... The same drunken, puking, driving idiot fool mason bennett. So all benefit of doubt is suspended as far as im concerened. 

44 minutes ago, rammieib said:

When does he contract expire? If it has another year and it’s true the club have only ‘had a word’ then that’s pretty poor from a club bleeding cash.

The Rams said yesterday that they were aware of the video but would not be commenting.

Bennett signed a one-year extension to his contract at Derby before he joined Millwall on loan in January. It means the 23-year-old is under contract with the Rams until the summer of 2021.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mason-bennett-video-Derby-county-4114325

Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why didn’t the club report the contract extension?

it was probably reported in the det, but they led with 'man buys pint of milk' headline and we all missed it

Reading The Athletic today, they relayed the story of a young Championship player last season bought in from the cold to end up leading his team at the end of the season, thanks to a new manager giving him the chance. 

Entering into a new contract negotiation, the player turned down 3k a week to extend his contract by a year, as others he'd usurped were earning far more, and ended up signing a  £16.k extension.

Please don't let it be Mason.

8 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Reading The Athletic today, they relayed the story of a young Championship player last season bought in from the cold to end up leading his team at the end of the season, thanks to a new manager giving him the chance. 

Entering into a new contract negotiation, the player turned down 3k a week to extend his contract by a year, as others he'd usurped were earning far more, and ended up signing a  £16.k extension.

Please don't let it be Mason.

Surely not unless he has the same agent as Frank. Jude Bellingham was my initial thought but not sure about his emergence as a force at Birmingham. 

We extend his contract, even after drink driving, and he still thinks our ground should burn down, seems like a nice guy, obviously not appreciative of a job on good wages at an employer that saved him from a career at Sports Direct in Shirebrook, thick as a plank.

14 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Surely not unless he has the same agent as Frank. Jude Bellingham was my initial thought but not sure about his emergence as a force at Birmingham. 

Can't be Bellingham, it was a story about last season. It probably fits a lot of players apart from Mason.

It just seems such a Derby thing to do that I mentioned it.

13 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Its irrelevant if its a private joke or not. If I whisper to a colleague a private joke about another colleague and get overheard by someone and that other colleague finds out, I have no defence by saying it was about you not to you.

On its own its not an horrendous offence, but it shows a lack of respect to Derby and Mel Morris who stood by him when he probably should have been sacked for his part in the drink drive fiasco.

He is going to go anyway I think, and certainly expect he won't receive a hero's reception should he ever play at a high enough level to play against us in future.

Well said. Actually when you listen to it, there is certainly vitriol in his voice. To suggest it was a private joke isn't going to convince anyone. I doubt if we would ever receive a fee for this individual, so in my opinion he should be given his p45, without delay. 

Archived