Mason Bennett

4 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Mason my old mate,you need to get rid of some of your so called mates and think a bit more carefully about what you’re doing.

You'd think he might have had a good opportunity to reflect on his actions, but it would still seem he doesn't take any responsibility and it's the club's fault. Very sad, and I would think lacking that self-awareness isn't the trait of a very clever person. Lost cause.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Mason my old mate,you need to get rid of some of your so called mates and think a bit more carefully about what you’re doing.

That’s it. 

For those sarcastically saying great joke or questioning his loyalty, this was a private video that clearly wasn’t intended for public viewing, nobody knows what was said before but that doesn’t matter I guess.

Whoever leaked it has just thrown him under the bus, the last thing he needed considering what happened earlier in the season.

The internet will lose their heads as usual, but as you said Conehead, Mason needs to start looking at those around him as this should not have been leaked.

2 minutes ago, David said:

For those sarcastically saying great joke or questioning his loyalty, this was a private video that clearly wasn’t intended for public viewing, nobody knows what was said before but that doesn’t matter I guess.

Mason Bennett has grown up with the internet and is a public figure. He should have the basic intelligence enough to realise there was a decent chance it would be posted online. And in the season he was involved in a drink driving crash that ended up in our captain being sacked. As I said before, what was said doesn't really bother me, the fact he's dumb enough to post a video of him saying it is though.

Just now, Andicis said:

Mason Bennett has grown up with the internet and is a public figure. He should have the basic intelligence enough to realise there was a decent chance it would be posted online. And in the season he was involved in a drink driving crash that ended up in our captain being sacked. As I said before, what was said doesn't really bother me, the fact he's dumb enough to post a video of him saying it is though.

He should be able to privately send videos to mates without them being leaked on the internet, footballer or not.

11 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Insurance job incoming Mason burns it down and Mel gets the 80 million builds a identical stadium for 30 million. 

Only problem Masons a bit thick and has let the cat out the bag

I remember a good few years ago where there was an incident outside the Flamingo and Firkin pub, Pretty serious stuff, Only one person said "i'll burn this place down" the night after a petrol bomb was thrown through the door window/or letter box, Fortunately only a little damage was done, The bomber was caught and recieved 30 months in the clink...the cat was later caught and the PDSA looked after it after escaping from the bag.

As for Mason Bennett...words fail me...that's all.

11 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Flamingo and Firkin pub,

Wow a blast from the past........Firkins, Berlins then the bus to Paradise ?The good old days ?

9 minutes ago, David said:

He should be able to privately send videos to mates without them being leaked on the internet, footballer or not.

Of course he should, I'm pretty sure we all have, I know I have, Whether there's a joke in there is not important imo, It's taking a video and using words that have put him in this situation, Foolish, Stupid, Vengeful are actions from those who are bitter, Joke or not.

12 minutes ago, TramRam said:

I remember a good few years ago where there was an incident outside the Flamingo and Firkin pub, Pretty serious stuff, Only one person said "i'll burn this place down" the night after a petrol bomb was thrown through the door window/or letter box, Fortunately only a little damage was done, The bomber was caught and recieved 30 months in the clink...the cat was later caught and the PDSA looked after it after escaping from the bag.

As for Mason Bennett...words fail me...that's all.

Firkin hell 

32 minutes ago, David said:

That’s it. 

Whoever leaked it has just thrown him under the bus, the last thing he needed considering what happened earlier in the season.

The internet will lose their heads as usual, but as you said Conehead, Mason needs to start looking at those around him as this should not have been leaked.

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

There's literally no excuse for it. Earlier in the season, a video emerged of him throwing up in a urinal because Tom Huddlestone put it on his private story. If he didn't learn his lesson then that private stories don't stay private, then there's absolutely no hope.

33 minutes ago, David said:

That’s it. 

After a player who we all respected shared the Joiners video you do have to question the sanity of some of the players. 

5 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Of course he should, I'm pretty sure we all have, I know I have, Whether there's a joke in there is not important imo, It's taking a video and using words that have put him in this situation, Foolish, Stupid, Vengeful are actions from those who are bitter, Joke or not.

But that video was intended to be private, between mates. Without context I can’t call the content foolish, maybe they used pictures of Millwall, Rowett making similar comments. 

On initial viewing without context, yes it looks bad, but he was quick to tweet after it went public to clarify it was a joke between friends.

For me, the worst thing here is so called mates leaking private videos, they will have known the year he’s had and to do this, sorry but they are no mates and that is what Mason is guilty here of, foolishly thinking they were his mates.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There's literally no excuse for it. Earlier in the season, a video emerged of him throwing up in a urinal because Tom Huddlestone put it on his private story. If he didn't learn his lesson then that private stories don't stay private, then there's absolutely no hope.

There’s a point though where you have said all of your apologies and have to move on, live your life. 

He’s doing that, and been thrown under the bus by a so called mate. I don’t care if you’re a footballer or road sweeper, mates don’t do that. 

I hope he does finally learn a lesson from this though and review those in his “private” circle. 

Best thing he could do now is get Colleen Rooney round to find the rogue “mate”

Archived