Mason Bennett

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet there's loads of people pretend they're bothered. 

"Nice to know where loyalties lie, eh?"

Well I imagine they belong with Millwall when his loyal club loyally sent him packing

I'm sure Peter was screaming for the club to remain loyal to all the players we have not offered contracts to over the last lifetime? 

It's just football

He’s never struck me as a particularly intelligent chap, and it doesn’t appear that he’s using lockdown to improve his intellect either.

I’d have thought he would probably want to keep himself out of the spotlight given previous ongoings so far this season. Ah well, it’s his own career he’ll be ruining.

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

When his loyal club loyally sent him packing

Have to disagree here. He brought shame on our club at the Joiners and we gave him a second chance almost immediately after. Some fans booed, but most were neutral or positive in the reception they gave him. Us accepting a loan offer from a good club as he nears the end of his contract isn't 'sending him packing'.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Have to disagree here. He brought shame on our club at the Joiners and we gave him a second chance almost immediately after. Some fans booed, but most were neutral or positive in the reception they gave him. Us accepting a loan offer from a good club as he nears the end of his contract isn't 'sending him packing'.

Loan to rowett who actually rates him as well. Would've seemed a win all round.

To be fair, we've all sent things to mates literally meant as a joke that you'd hate to go public. I'm being sympathetic here, but who knows if he's got a private joke about being bitter about being sent packing as his coping mechanism for the ordeal.

Either way, really makes you wonder if he's learned anything at all since the saga started. Surely he, more than anybody, understands any video on the internet can come back to bite you? 

With a bit more self control, he'd probably still be here, living locally, earning a comfortable wage and playing under a manager that could make him better. 

Odd bloke.

Has always been poo, I’ve never understood the love for him and “he’s one of our own” ********. Good riddance you complete waste of space. 

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

To be fair, we've all sent things to mates literally meant as a joke that you'd hate to go public. I'm being sympathetic here, but who knows if he's got a private joke about being bitter about being sent packing as his coping mechanism for the ordeal.

Either way, really makes you wonder if he's learned anything at all since the saga started. Surely he, more than anybody, understands any video on the internet can come back to bite you? 

With a bit more self control, he'd probably still be here, living locally, earning a comfortable wage and playing under a manager that could make him better. 

Odd bloke.

I'd definitely accept the idea that it could be a little in-joke about being sent out on loan if he drove past and "boo'd" the stadium or something. But instead it was a bit stronger than that.

Which could still be a joke, harder to accept but could be.

But ask yourself this...is it funny? Even remotely funny? Can you see a context where this gets a laugh from anyone in a harmless jokey way?

I'm not offended by it and I don't feel disrespected by it. I feel sorry for him more than anything that he has burned his bridges and that he doesn't feel like he was treated fairly in his years here.

So I'm not upset with the video, but it objectively just isn't funny. I can't see how even from a different perspective it could be seen as humourous. So by definition this is not a joke.

Just now, Tombo said:

I'd definitely accept the idea that it could be a little in-joke about being sent out on loan if he drove past and "boo'd" the stadium or something. But instead it was a bit stronger than that.

Which could still be a joke, harder to accept but could be.

But ask yourself this...is it funny? Even remotely funny? Can you see a context where this gets a laugh from anyone in a harmless jokey way?

I'm not offended by it and I don't feel disrespected by it. I feel sorry for him more than anything that he has burned his bridges and that he doesn't feel like he was treated fairly in his years here.

So I'm not upset with the video, but it objectively just isn't funny. I can't see how even from a different perspective it could be seen as humourous. So by definition this is not a joke.

The success of Peter Crouch proves that all you need to be known as a funny footballer is to be the one footballer in existence who is prepared to engage in self-deprecating humour. Just because it's not funny or even a joke doesn't mean he didn't see it as such. But I agree with you.

Get rid of him. Not because of what he said, I don't really care about that, but because he's proven time and time again that he's not capable of staying out of trouble. He acts like he has a single digit IQ.

Archived