Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

On 22/11/2021 at 11:57, Eddie said:

Erin Brokovich

A classic, featuring brilliant performances by Julia Roberts and Albert Finney..

Peter Daniel/10

The real lawyer from the film made about 150 million from the pay out with about 170 million being shared out between the residents of the town.Not a bad payday for him. Somehow he's gone bust recently owing clients millions.

No Time to Die 

I'm a HUGE Bond fan and have seen all of them at least 3 times, some a lot more.

This was Craig's worst by some way.

It's the first I can ever remember watching first at home since Connery was Bond, so that may have had something to do with it, but I was bored at times.

SPOILER

COMING

WTf!

You don't kill Bond!

Everybody knows that Bond isn't one person so why do you kill him with a silly melodramatic ending?

My wife was in tears.

If she is blubbing you clearly went too far.

Steve Powell for the first half of his career/10 (Steve Powell for the second half of his career/10 if it wasn't the fact that it was Bond)

On 02/12/2021 at 09:43, Bob The Badger said:

No Time to Die 

I'm a HUGE Bond fan and have seen all of them at least 3 times, some a lot more.

This was Craig's worst by some way.

It's the first I can ever remember watching first at home since Connery was Bond, so that may have had something to do with it, but I was bored at times.

SPOILER

COMING

WTf!

You don't kill Bond!

Everybody knows that Bond isn't one person so why do you kill him with a silly melodramatic ending?

My wife was in tears.

If she is blubbing you clearly went too far.

Steve Powell for the first half of his career/10 (Steve Powell for the second half of his career/10 if it wasn't the fact that it was Bond)

I'm not much of a Bond fan, but I find it pretty interesting that in the previous 24 films the directors and writers felt confident enough in their ability to tell engaging stories, build interesting narratives and create drama without having to resort to the "nuclear" option of killing off the protagonist. To me that says everything you need to know about the combined "talent" of Fukunaga, Purvis, Wade, and Waller-Bridge. What I really don't understand is how the studio and producers green lit this idea. You have a franchise that prints money with one of the most recognisable names in fiction and you decide to kill the character off. It doesn't make any sense.

Groundhog Day - 8/10

I really like this film. Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell are excellent and the premise is delightfully odd. Someone made a very interesting point to me about this film though, that I hadn't previously considered. We view the events from the perspective of Bill Murray's character, so the love story that unfolds makes perfect sense to us. Consider the final "perfect" day from Andie MacDowell's perspective. She has no knowledge of the interactions between her and Murray that caused them to fall for one another. To her Murray should seem like a weird stalker who inexplicably knows all kinds of private information about her.

21 minutes ago, Anon said:

Groundhog Day - 8/10

I really like this film. Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell are excellent and the premise is delightfully odd. Someone made a very interesting point to me about this film though, that I hadn't previously considered. We view the events from the perspective of Bill Murray's character, so the love story that unfolds makes perfect sense to us. Consider the final "perfect" day from Andie MacDowell's perspective. She has no knowledge of the interactions between her and Murray that caused them to fall for one another. To her Murray should seem like a weird stalker who inexplicably knows all kinds of private information about her.

Anyone who likes this (and most people do), I'd highly recommend "Palm Springs" (currently free on Prime). Funny and clever.

2 hours ago, Anon said:

Groundhog Day - 8/10

Enjoyed it first time I saw it but it gets a bit predictable when you watch it every day. ?

Venom- Let There Be Carnage

Enjoyed the first one and I'm not a superhero guy. I can't take all the seriousness about world destruction and self sacrifice whilst people use their powers to fly around etc. Much prefer the more tongue in cheek  amusing ones like Iron Man, Thor and Dead Pool - which Venom definitely fits into.

Thought it started really well and was funny and rattled along at a great pace. Its only a short film but I felt it started to flag 2nd half and become a little predictable.  Preferred the first one but still a decent watch if you liked it.

7/10

On 20/11/2021 at 17:54, TexasRam said:

Just took my youngest to watch the new ghost busters film. I knew absolutely nothing about it before going, and was so surprised how good it was. Brilliant film, well worth it. Ted Mcminn/10 

Went with a couple of big Ghostbusters fans. They were wearing the biggest grins at the end. I’m not a massive fan but really enjoyed it as a movie. Didn’t try anything complicated. Good mix of comedy and action, with a few jump scares thrown in. 

Starsky and Hutch with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson.

Unbelievably terrible but gets marks for "Dancing Rick" taking Starsky (Stiller) down in a dance-off with meme-worthy comments from the judge (Patton Oswalt).

If you were high and/or 15 it would probably be hilarious.

Crazy to think this is directed by the same guy who made Joker.

Connor Doyle.

12 hours ago, ramit said:

Mafioso from 1962, viewed on Netflix

A delightful little film, i give it 8 out of 10 picchiato

Is this genuine? Looks like a Fast Show sketch...

@Mostyn6has given a review of the trailer which is anything is too kind! Is the trailer representative of the film? 1962? Looks more like 1920s.

8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Is this genuine? Looks like a Fast Show sketch...

@Mostyn6has given a review of the trailer which is anything is too kind! Is the trailer representative of the film? 1962? Looks more like 1920s.

Listen, i enjoyed the film and was letting folks know.  Watch or don't watch, it matters little to me.

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Listen, i enjoyed the film and was letting folks know.  Watch or don't watch, it matters little to me.

I know you don’t judge a book by the cover, but the purpose of a trailer is to entice you to watch the film. I cannot even determine a genre of film from it ?