Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Watched Don't Look Up yesterday at the cinema. 5/10

The IMDB ratings are pretty good on this but I thought it was incredibly slow and boring. There were a couple of funny moments in but for saying it's got quite an all star cast (Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Jonah Hill, Leo DiCaprio, Cate Blanchett), I thought it was quite poor.

It's coming out on Netflix soon anyway, save yourself the money and watch it on there instead. 

Wrath of Man: new Guy Ritchie film starring Jason Statham. Starts of well and hooks you in with intrigue and anticipation. But quickly falls into standard film formula and becomes very predictable very quickly. Probably didn’t need to watch the last hour! 

Julien De Sart/10

———————————

The Many Saints of Newark: prequel movie to Sopranos. Story of Moltisantos basically. Stellar cast. Probably big budget. But not much really happens and it felt like the movie ended just as the story was unfolding. 

Kieran Dowell/10

————————————-

The Last Duel: Big Budget blockbuster from Ridley Scott starring Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Adam Driver and the excellent Jodie Comer. I generally love a period/medieval drama. This was 2.5hrs of 14th century France. Can’t pretend I loved it, but didn’t hate it. Dragged out far too long. Rushed ending though. Very odd delivery of a story  

Andi Weimann/10

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Wrath of Man: new Guy Ritchie film starring Jason Statham. Starts of well and hooks you in with intrigue and anticipation. But quickly falls into standard film formula and becomes very predictable very quickly. Probably didn’t need to watch the last hour! 

Julien De Sart/10

———————————

The Many Saints of Newark: prequel movie to Sopranos. Story of Moltisantos basically. Stellar cast. Probably big budget. But not much really happens and it felt like the movie ended just as the story was unfolding. 

Kieran Dowell/10

————————————-

The Last Duel: Big Budget blockbuster from Ridley Scott starring Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Adam Driver and the excellent Jodie Comer. I generally love a period/medieval drama. This was 2.5hrs of 14th century France. Can’t pretend I loved it, but didn’t hate it. Dragged out far too long. Rushed ending though. Very odd delivery of a story  

Andi Weimann/10

Bugger. Can't argue with any of that ? 

Thought WoM was pants, MSoN needed to be about Tony coming up though the ranks and TLD only notable for an epic fight scene and the ultra weird casting of Matt Damon and a bleached blonde Ben Affleck. Was really looking forward to all three too! ?‍♀️

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Watched this last night. Agreed. A rushed ending ruins a potentially decent film. 

Yeh,  Sandra Bullock was decent and it was the right side of slightly clichéd and a good slow burn tense film...

Then the 'reveal' was slightly hackneyed and fell away. 7/10

Managed to see Spider-Man: No Way Home last night. No spoilers from me, in case anyone is waiting to see it, but I will say it is excellent. I appreciate there are lots who don’t like Marvel movies or are fed up of superhero movies in general. As a fan of Marvel movies, it’s one of the better ones. Hope you’ve got tickets to see it early @maxjam

29 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Managed to see Spider-Man: No Way Home last night. No spoilers from me, in case anyone is waiting to see it, but I will say it is excellent. I appreciate there are lots who don’t like Marvel movies or are fed up of superhero movies in general. As a fan of Marvel movies, it’s one of the better ones. Hope you’ve got tickets to see it early @maxjam

I'm avoiding anything Spiderman related atm, I go to those with my lad who has just come back from University - we're going after Christmas assuming everything is all still open, otherwise I'll have to wait until its on Disney+.

Really looking forwards to it though.  I haven't really enjoyed the new Marvel films but this is a throwback to the characters we've come to know over the past 10 years so great to hear its excellent ? 

Watched Queenpins on Prime at the weekend.

Very lighthearted but, none the less, I enjoyed it.

Based (loosely) on a true story which is generally my favourite type of film. For dramatic effect, I accept that such films are quite often quite a bit removed from reality but, what irritated me a little was the back story for the main character. I don't think it's a spoiler to tell you that in the film she was a past Olympic speed walker when, in the true story, she wasn't. I don't know why they made that up. It didn't add to the drama, comedy, character of the person or storyline.

3 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Gladiator (2000)

One of my favourites. Could watch it 500 times.

Ciccio Baiano.

It's a modern classic. Seamless from start to finish. I must have watched it a good 6 or 7 times and knowing precisely what follows never seems to make it less entertaining. It hasn't aged a day either. 

On 15/12/2021 at 10:13, Jubbs said:

Watched Don't Look Up yesterday at the cinema. 5/10

The IMDB ratings are pretty good on this but I thought it was incredibly slow and boring. There were a couple of funny moments in but for saying it's got quite an all star cast (Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Jonah Hill, Leo DiCaprio, Cate Blanchett), I thought it was quite poor.

It's coming out on Netflix soon anyway, save yourself the money and watch it on there instead. 

Watched it tonight on Netflix , enjoyed it, 8/10..