Coronavirus

1of4

4 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If its not the China virus what is it? That's where it came from and they should have significant moral responsibility for what they have given to to the world. Also inept government doesn't help but they have to have some responsibility. 

The WHO weren't even allowed in China to investigate its origins recently, to me it would be quite likely be made in a Wuhan laboratory because they already were experimenting with that kind of virus in Wuhan labs and it would be rather typical of Chinese government to cover anything up and handle things horribly. 

I think the point is it's just divisive. Are you OK with the new strain being labelled the British virus?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If its not the China virus what is it? That's where it came from and they should have significant moral responsibility for what they have given to to the world. Also inept government doesn't help but they have to have some responsibility. 

It's SARS-CoV2, which causes Covid-19. 

Novel viruses can spring up literally anywhere, as people in the UK should be learning right now, you know, given that the UK strain is the new hot topic. Calling it 'the UK virus' and blaming the UK for unleashing this on the World follows the same logic. 

Ironically, China has actually done a decent job containing the virus, though their methods are controversial. 

6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

The WHO weren't even allowed in China to investigate its origins recently, to me it would be quite likely be made in a Wuhan laboratory because they already were experimenting with that kind of virus in Wuhan labs and it would be rather typical of Chinese government to cover anything up and handle things horribly. 

Ah yes, this conspiracy theory again. That's been pretty thoroughly debunked time and time again. The likelihood of such a virus being man made are extremely slim. 

15 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Yes if it is factually correct, if it was first found in the UK then that would be acceptable. 

There's arguments that it isn't. But don't we end up arguing about inconsequential things? Where it began doesn't really matter - what matters is the response. I don't want any anti-China sentiments because of it and I certainly don't want any anti-British sentiments.

9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

There's arguments that it isn't. But don't we end up arguing about inconsequential things? Where it began doesn't really matter - what matters is the response. I don't want any anti-China sentiments because of it and I certainly don't want any anti-British sentiments.

Yes and the response of stopping the WHO from carrying out a proper investigation should tell us all we need to know.

Doesnt matter that the virus has gone on to wipe out over a million people as long as we don't offend anyone by saying where it came from.

You could even make a Fawlty Towers epsiode out of it.

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Sometimes you just read a story and shake your head in disbelief...............this is one of them!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

Technically they have left their area so yeah but seriously, it is fairly local its all around the border. And a coffee classed as a picnic, ducking ridiculous.

43 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Sometimes you just read a story and shake your head in disbelief...............this is one of them!

What a joke.. That is some mad power tripping right there. I'd even argue it is within the spirit of the lockdown..

Go somewhere quiet with a coffee and go for a walk, what's wrong with that - and even if it was a picnic, what's the problem with that either? 

Surely this sort of policing is counterproductive cos it leads to people deciding its better to meet indoors.

Theres a difference between driving from Derby to the lakes or Wales for a walk and using local ameneties.

?

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

End game? Are you having a laugh?

Chris Whitty has already talked of restrictions next winter.

Absolutely no chance of the Government committing to numbers of where we need to be, just as I thought would happen.

Instead we will now have weeks of them updating us with a number that means absolutely nothing.

How could they?.

Some Variables (off the top of my head):

• Number of deaths
  • Total number of cases
  • Cases increasing/falling & how fast
  • Number of cases & trends between both age groups and vulnerable groups
  • Absolute hospital capacity
  • Daily hospital admissions and trends (age etc as above)
  • Virilence of whichever covid strain is predominant
  • % of population / priority groups vaccinated

There will no doubt be loads more but, yeah, why can't the government just give us a number & when we reach it, we're all free?

18 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

What a joke.. That is some mad power tripping right there. I'd even argue it is within the spirit of the lockdown..

Go somewhere quiet with a coffee and go for a walk, what's wrong with that - and even if it was a picnic, what's the problem with that either? 

Surely this sort of policing is counterproductive cos it leads to people deciding its better to meet indoors.

Theres a difference between driving from Derby to the lakes or Wales for a walk and using local ameneties.

?

Or driving 200 miles to Barnard Gate when you already have the virus. Hmmm...

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Absolutely mental. I've got to take my car for a service tomorrow and while I wait the Mrs will be driving somewhere nice and fieldy for us to go for a walk, rather than walk around Pride Park. Hope I don't get arrested. 

27 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55588163

“Coronavirus: 'Major incident' declared in London by Sadiq Khan”

It’s quite upsetting that this has happened despite all of the early warnings we were given. ?

Political attention seeking by Khan ,,,,, like we haven’t got enough going on without the likes of him and sturgeon ?

12 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Absolutely mental. I've got to take my car for a service tomorrow and while I wait the Mrs will be driving somewhere nice and fieldy for us to go for a walk, rather than walk around Pride Park. Hope I don't get arrested. 

Article is clear on the legislation. No maximum distance in the legislation applicable to exercise. If police do stop you, just be calm and polite. If they issue you a fine, you won't have to pay it. 

We were quizzed going into Calke Thursday. I must look innocent, said we were going for a walk, came from Findern (Police car said Leicester on it), didn't seem to know where that is, so I said edge of Derby and he said enjoy your walk.

Guess they were using ANPR 'cos he didn't ask for proof!

A friend rang police to find out rules, first cop, said read the website, second said Derby Postcode is fine for Calke and Kedleston. 

Girl in a hut said a group of 12 turned up from Brum and were fined, as were some from Leicester. 

4 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Of course it matters, if only to take learnings from it. This will be part of the response, but it should also be noted that China for some reason are making this difficult.

My own thoughts are that I wouldn't be surprised to see sanctions at a later date against China for their involvement in this, once all the facts become known.

Archived