Coronavirus

1of4

19 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Those 2 women fined at foremark reservoir were on local news, front page of BBC website, BBC national news and now front page of the Times. I have started to think that there is a bit more to this story than just a stroll in the park...

IMG_3877.PNG

So what do you think the bit more is?

Soviet operatives?

Raging liberals?

Hot chicks looking to launch a career on some dating app (I'm too old to know the coolest dating app it has to be sai)

Come one le Carre, what's the deal?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
14 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's a difficult one.

I've been privately screaming for the police to clamp down on the pi55-takers for the past 9 months, and yet here I am, now looking at these latest stories, thinking how OTT they're being!

I guess for it to work for all, the Government need to define "local area" with a factual and actual figure, whatever that may be.  That would at least be a start, and if it's in the rules, then at least we'd all know where we stand, and would have much less cause to complain, if we get copped!  

There is a definition of local area, its your village, town, or part of the city you live in. That said it does seem ludicrous whats happened here...the coffee being a picnic is stupid

14 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

There is a definition of local area, its your village, town, or part of the city you live in. That said it does seem ludicrous whats happened here...the coffee being a picnic is stupid

I actually agree. Over-zealous in the extreme. I'm not sure how a coffee has or will ever constitute a picnic and I think driving 6 miles hardly seems excessive either. A keen cyclist pal of mine will ride up to 60 miles in a single session, quite often more. Is he endangering others?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

And people wonder why so called conspiracy theories breed,,,, you either do the lockdown thing properly or not at all,, how do people get on board and stay on board with the makes no sense mismatch of rules and regs that clearly are very damaging to people but by the same token just can’t have any chance of having any significant impact on a virus,,,, and personally I feel sorry for the police with the ambiguity they are meant to make sense of and be seen to be policing .

how does sending the country s children back to school for one day then locking them back up with families indoors where virus spreads easier not look more like a policy to spread it than stop it because nobody can be that stupid let alone those that have risen to the great heights of running the country ??‍♂️

Apologies if you have already posted and I have missed it, but I'm not quite sure what you are saying is going on in the world ? Are you saying it's badly managed or something else more sinister ?

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I actually agree. Over-zealous in the extreme. I'm not sure how a coffee has or will ever constitute a picnic and I think driving 6 miles hardly seems excessive either. A keen cyclist pal of mine will ride up to 60 miles in a single session, quite often more. Is he endangering others?

Only if he rides in packs 3 abreast blocking my ducking way ?

53 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Those 2 women fined at foremark reservoir were on local news, front page of BBC website, BBC national news and now front page of the Times. I have started to think that there is a bit more to this story than just a stroll in the park...

IMG_3877.PNG

Derbyshire police have actually said the opposite and they’ll be reviewing all the fines given out .

from Sky News:

In a statement on Friday, Derbyshire Police said it had received further guidance the National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) which had clarified that the "COVID regulations which officers enforce and which enables them to issue FPNs (fixed penalty notices) for breaches, do not restrict the distance travelled for exercise".

The force said: "All fixed penalty notices during this relevant period that have been issued will be reviewed for compliance.

"All recipients will be contacted."

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Apparently according to the security bloke on the door at Tesco, they can't challenge anyone not wearing a mask.  

In the place my brother worked he said you could ask people where their masks are, but if they claim a health reason (like asthma) then you have to accept this, no evidence required.

In other news, I went to post office on Monday to send a couple of presents to my parents. It was very busy with people sending/returning parcels. The one member of staff had no mask on, and licked his fingers twice whilst serving me a jiffy bag and a stamp.

This is a small shop with post office facilities, not one with staff behind screens. He must be trying to become a super spreader.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

It just warranted a "go home" instruction. If they refused I could see the police getting a bit arsey and finding a reason to nick them though. 

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

IMG_3877.PNG

Tis but a short step from there to 6-figure deals in the soaraway sun under headlines such as "my nights of shame with boys in blue" complete with obligatory refusals to print details "not suitable for a family newspaper". 

I smell career ambition and the rustle of dirty macs.... ?

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

IMG_3877.PNG

Interesting they made a large front page photo on the Times. This exposure is not normally afforded to victims of actual police brutality. Guess jobsworthy cops is just massive news in some circles!

46 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

In the place my brother worked he said you could ask people where their masks are, but if they claim a health reason (like asthma) then you have to accept this, no evidence required.

In other news, I went to post office on Monday to send a couple of presents to my parents. It was very busy with people sending/returning parcels. The one member of staff had no mask on, and licked his fingers twice whilst serving me a jiffy bag and a stamp.

This is a small shop with post office facilities, not one with staff behind screens. He must be trying to become a super spreader.

Must say in my post office the blokes very strict on the masks, it's a shame that I've had to notice though

My idiotic neighbours have got people around for a party I think. The arrogance is really appalling. The police have been stopping walkers and fining them yet even though me and a couple of neighbours have reported these muppets, they dont particularly want to know about it.

Absolute *********. Once things go back to normal, I might look at moving to somewhere else.

6 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I Had an issue with a local well known bakery early in the pandemic.

Went in to buy my usual Saturday sausage roll and the nice lady behind the counter picked it up by hand and placed it in the bag,

Couldn't understand then why i refused to purchase it!! 

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Yep - this. And the fact they then went straight to the media. Attention seekers

I am one degree of separation as i am related to one of the police officers involved in this.

Let's say it isn't  like what is being reported and the BBC have been economical with the truth in the initial reporting and how it came about being news.

Used have a little rhyme when i was a kid starting out something like the Germans are advancing on the west flank, it eventually turns to the Mormons are dancing on a wet plank.

This is very similar.

10 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

I am one degree of separation as i am related to one of the police officers involved in this.

Let's say it isn't  like what is being reported and the BBC have been economical with the truth in the initial reporting and how it came about being news.

Used have a little rhyme when i was a kid starting out something like the Germans are advancing on the west flank, it eventually turns to the Mormons are dancing on a wet plank.

This is very similar.

I think that's what most of us probably suspected but, as they say, never let the truth get in the way of a "good" story.

7 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Apologies if you have already posted and I have missed it, but I'm not quite sure what you are saying is going on in the world ? Are you saying it's badly managed or something else more sinister ?

Been very very clear ,,never let a good crisis go to waste 

Archived