Coronavirus

1of4

On 07/01/2021 at 22:32, uttoxram75 said:

She asked if she would be tested before admission and was told no. 

Wife has just had an op 30/12 (Nottingham City) Written instructions from her consultant,

Self Isolation for herself, i could only go out of the house for bare essentials Food/Medicine. only us two live in the house

Covid test (which she had 28/12) to come back negative (it did)

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the local M&S food shop this morning. Very few people in the shop but everyone except one customer wearing masks. Then a smart looking young lady came from the back of the shop talking to staff but face mask completely underneath her chin. I politely asked a uniformed staff member if this person was manager, which she was.

I challenged her in front of everyone as to why as a manager she wasn't wearing her mask? "I've only just come into the shop" was her pathetic answer. So I told her that she ought to be ashamed of herself and should be setting an example to her staff. She looked like she wanted to kill me, but I don't give a duck.

On 08/01/2021 at 14:56, Bearwood Ram said:

I've been invited to a funeral next week. Problem is I live west of Brum and the funeral is north of Derby. It would involve bus/taxi to Brum and train to Derby and taxi onwards. There's no chance of me going there is there? I'm recently recovered from Covid-19 so I'm technically not a risk. What would others on here do? 

Don’t go if over the limit I never went to my uncles funeral others went but we all as a family stuck to the rules of how many  was allowed to attend . Give money to charity instead I did this. Hope this helps sorry for loss of a loved one.

30 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Who ? As I said, maybe you posted it before and I haven't seen it ?

You really want a big list ??? ,   You haven’t noticed that even opposition mp s are questioning all sorts of money and contracts handed out to gov mates ? You don’t think lots big business s are thriving whilst they’re small independent competitors are forced to the wall ,there’s an ongoing dispute ( don’t recall where but heard the lady interviewed ) of a small shop that has refused to close as they sell the same stock as WH Smith’s near her who were allowed to open ,

you are welcome to refuse to open your eyes and ears to the wrong that is being done in the name of this virus ,me I’m gonna watch who thrives and who is destroyed 

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

You really want a big list ??? ,   You haven’t noticed that even opposition mp s are questioning all sorts of money and contracts handed out to gov mates ? You don’t think lots big business s are thriving whilst they’re small independent competitors are forced to the wall ,there’s an ongoing dispute ( don’t recall where but heard the lady interviewed ) of a small shop that has refused to close as they sell the same stock as WH Smith’s near her who were allowed to open ,

you are welcome to refuse to open your eyes and ears to the wrong that is being done in the name of this virus ,me I’m gonna watch who thrives and who is destroyed 

Is that it ? I thought it was some big revelation you were going to come out with. What you have described has happened has always been the case, not really much to do with the virus.

Id also say there's lot of big businesses that are struggling and little ones that are thriving as the result of the virus, once again, nothing new there.

On 08/01/2021 at 18:35, ariotofmyown said:

1,300 deaths today and they may stay at this level for a few weeks.

What a freaking shambles. Reaching this level of deaths was obvious about 4 weeks ago. Dire decisions since means this level is going to continue for longer. Why the hell did schools go back for one extra day of super spreading?

This is going to be worse than the dark days of April. It's a disaster.

Havent fact checked but this guy usually seems quite balanced and genuine in his reporting

IMG-20210109-WA0031.jpg

53 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Havent fact checked but this guy usually seems quite balanced and genuine in his reporting

IMG-20210109-WA0031.jpg

Yes well done to the NHS they are brill ??

Seems only fitting I attach the standard @TexasRam graph to show the deaths by date with a slightly more detailed view. 

7576C6FF-1719-4829-B173-CA0E92D02A8C.jpeg

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

IMG-20210109-WA0031.jpg

Let's hope that is right. That line does exclude care home deaths though according to the key. The reports of care home having half their residents die is pretty grim too.

2 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Is that it ? I thought it was some big revelation you were going to come out with. What you have described has happened has always been the case, not really much to do with the virus.

Id also say there's lot of big businesses that are struggling and little ones that are thriving as the result of the virus, once again, nothing new there.

Except the scale of it ,    
is that it? That’s enough to be going on with for now , let’s see how things unfold 

there won’t be much doe to be made in vaccine for every human , there’s no way it will turn out every human needs one every year,, nahhh that won’t happen

there will be a real political will to bolster health service or push treatments that are being found to work that are available now and cheap 

remind me as I’ve lost count ,, how many vaccines now discovered by competing companies and countries ive lost track , no matter there won’t be any money in it for anybody really just good old humanitarian s doing they’re bit ,, course I could be wrong and we won’t see see a disgusting battle emerge for market share 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Except the scale of it ,    
is that it? That’s enough to be going on with for now , let’s see how things unfold 

there won’t be much doe to be made in vaccine for every human , there’s no way it will turn out every human needs one every year,, nahhh that won’t happen

there will be a real political will to bolster health service or push treatments that are being found to work that are available now and cheap 

remind me as I’ve lost count ,, how many vaccines now discovered by competing companies and countries ive lost track , no matter there won’t be any money in it for anybody really just good old humanitarian s doing they’re bit ,, course I could be wrong and we won’t see see a disgusting battle emerge for market share 

Once again, no real surprise there. Companies very rarely do things for the good of the world, I'm not quite sure which bit you don't think most people don't agree with you on ?

5 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Once again, no real surprise there. Companies very rarely do things for the good of the world, I'm not quite sure which bit you don't think most people don't agree with you on ?

Poss on the way stats, numbers and models are presented and why, there are vast amounts of money to be made

13 hours ago, Archied said:

Don't understand why she is being told to close. Archie, Newsagents are allowed to open 

15 hours ago, Archied said:

You don’t think lots big business s are thriving whilst they’re small independent competitors are forced to the wall ,there’s an ongoing dispute ( don’t recall where but heard the lady interviewed ) of a small shop that has refused to close as they sell the same stock as WH Smith’s near her who were allowed to open ,

What's the solution to this, then?

The bigger the retailer, the wider the range & more chance of them selling stuff deemed to be "essentials" than smaller shops.

It comes back to my earlier posts about people wanting everything to be black & white, when it's all grey in reality.

The only fair solution would be for retail (physical and online) to be either all open or all closed (black or white).

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

What's the solution to this, then?

The bigger the retailer, the wider the range & more chance of them selling stuff deemed to be "essentials" than smaller shops.

It comes back to my earlier posts about people wanting everything to be black & white, when it's all grey in reality.

The only fair solution would be for retail (physical and online) to be either all open or all closed (black or white).

Honestly I don’t know , perhaps in the same way government s are able to bring in and use emergency powers to restrict the little people ,to close them down and effectively drive them out of business they should be able to use emergency powers to levy massive taxes on the people and businesses that are making massively from this and use that money to properly fund the little people to stay afloat and come out of this without massive debts and loans to pay back whilst trying to stay afloat and regain they’re market share ,

I already asked the question of Eddie a while back ( not aimed at Eddie particularly just general) how much are the older and more vulnerable happy to give back to support the younger and less vulnerable who are expected to quietly lose everything they have to save lives of those people ? If you are of pension age with large saving , large pensions ,outright property owners , are you prepared to give chunks of that back into the pot to save those who are expected to lose everything to save you ? I was met with the answer from someone ( poss Albert) that no that’s not fair ,that those people had worked to accumulate what they have so should be immune from having to kick in ,, well sorry mate ,the worlds changed and the goalposts have moved 

we may have a more balanced and less divided view of this situation if it hurt us all but let’s be honest there is no political will for that kind of thought and won’t be ,

vaccines are going to be a massive massive massive money maker , why can t these not be under emergency powers of world governments to be non profit making and for the good of humanity? After all aren’t we in a crisis here that threatens the world ?

seems we can easily in the blink of an eye change laws and bring in emergency powers that crush the little man but no way can the same be done across the board ,

so if I come across as sceptical about how much conflicts of financial interest is driving and will continue to drive what is a health crisis I make no apology and care not one jot if those who don’t see or want to see that call me a conspiracy theorist ,, the fullness of time will perhaps open more eyes 

28 minutes ago, Archied said:

Honestly I don’t know , perhaps in the same way government s are able to bring in and use emergency powers to restrict the little people ,to close them down and effectively drive them out of business they should be able to use emergency powers to levy massive taxes on the people and businesses that are making massively from this and use that money to properly fund the little people to stay afloat and come out of this without massive debts and loans to pay back whilst trying to stay afloat and regain they’re market share ,

I already asked the question of Eddie a while back ( not aimed at Eddie particularly just general) how much are the older and more vulnerable happy to give back to support the younger and less vulnerable who are expected to quietly lose everything they have to save lives of those people ? If you are of pension age with large saving , large pensions ,outright property owners , are you prepared to give chunks of that back into the pot to save those who are expected to lose everything to save you ? I was met with the answer from someone ( poss Albert) that no that’s not fair ,that those people had worked to accumulate what they have so should be immune from having to kick in ,, well sorry mate ,the worlds changed and the goalposts have moved 

we may have a more balanced and less divided view of this situation if it hurt us all but let’s be honest there is no political will for that kind of thought and won’t be ,

vaccines are going to be a massive massive massive money maker , why can t these not be under emergency powers of world governments to be non profit making and for the good of humanity? After all aren’t we in a crisis here that threatens the world ?

seems we can easily in the blink of an eye change laws and bring in emergency powers that crush the little man but no way can the same be done across the board ,

so if I come across as sceptical about how much conflicts of financial interest is driving and will continue to drive what is a health crisis I make no apology and care not one jot if those who don’t see or want to see that call me a conspiracy theorist ,, the fullness of time will perhaps open more eyes 

The AstraZeneca vaccine is not being sold for profit.

Archived