Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Same here!

...Well... apart from the university bit of course.

... and the bit about the college too, to be fair... unless day release at Wilmorton counts!

.....so you're claiming that you went to school then?

There are reasons not to wear a mask. I can think of three off the top of my head:

1. You have a serious lung condition which affects your breathing
  2. You are a carer for a deaf person who relies on lip-reading
  3. You are working in an environment where wearing a mask would potentially be detrimental to the health of others

The people expressing various degrees of butthurtery are basically saying "I don't care if I kill you".

Just now, Eddie said:

There are reasons not to wear a mask. I can think of three off the top of my head:

1. You have a serious lung condition which affects your breathing
  2. You are a carer for a deaf person who relies on lip-reading
  3. You are working in an environment where wearing a mask would potentially be detrimental to the health of others

The people expressing various degrees of butthurtery are basically saying "I don't care if I kill you".

Also, if you have a sensory issue.

26 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I sodding hate masks I cant stand them over my face they make me feel sick I hate bloody things.

Have you tried a visor instead? You can make one out of a poly pocket and a hair band.  

35 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I sodding hate masks I cant stand them over my face they make me feel sick I hate bloody things.

I'd hazard a guess you'd overcome your dislike of masks, if it was made compulsory to wear a mask when attending a sporting event.

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

Zero cases in Derby and Derbyshire yesterday. One death.

Pedants hat on - Does one death not indicate one case?

Seems weird that Leicester would have so many cases that it warrants being in lockdown, yet a neighbouring city/county has no cases.

In other news, it came out today that at the end of May (when lockdown measures were eased) the R number was actually 0.54 rather than the estimated 0.7-1. Almost as if the government doesn't know the actual R number or they do know the number but choose to disinform the population...

22 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Is track and trace still a thing? I had a positive test for COVID a few weeks ago and was never contacted.

You would have been contacted if we had an average track and trace system. Fortunately ours is world beating, so it must mean there was no chance of you passing it on.

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Pedants hat on - Does one death not indicate one case?

Seems weird that Leicester would have so many cases that it warrants being in lockdown, yet a neighbouring city/county has no cases.

In other news, it came out today that at the end of May (when lockdown measures were eased) the R number was actually 0.54 rather than the estimated 0.7-1. Almost as if the government doesn't know the actual R number or they do know the number but choose to disinform the population...

"Cases" are actually newly diagnosed positive cases, not current cases. The latter is impossible to determine because we are a country with a government that don't release records of "recovered".

Someone claiming that statement is veering into politics in 5....4....3....

Archived