Coronavirus

1of4

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

It's not all bad.  Good God there's some ugly people about, so the more masks the better, I say!

You can take it off when looking in the mirror you know?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Masks and social distancing aren't an 'either/or' situation.

But surely if social distancing is done properly there is no need for masks?

Just as everyone does not have to wear disposable gloves every time they leave the house, as regular hand washing is the advice given?

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I went for a hair cut and the chap had exactly the same problem so I suggested he took the mask off and just left the visor on as I was fine with that.

I was wearing a mask too (but no visor).

Are you asking people to wear masks in cinema b4?

Well as it stands at the moment some do and some dont we have asking guests to do so but we cant force but as of next week that might change.

3 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Given that we got no vaccine, I see masks, social distancing, hand washing as the best we can do for the time being for others and numero uno/ourselves. I understand that not all can wear a mask, it is not clear why you are not keen on masks. out of interest where do you stand on vaccination ?

I wouldn't choose to wear a mask, it's not a massive thing just that it's an unnecessary annoyance. But I would if necessary. I just don't think there is much evidence it is particularly useful and with the other interactions people are having, passing someone momentarily in a shop seems very minimal risk, as compared.. to my kids in school, me in an office, people sat in pubs, visiting friends /relatives, congregating on parks. 

I have started doing much more online buying of clothes etc and this will increase my aversion. 

My kids are fully vaccinated and the scaremongering about them really bugged me in the past. But if we hastily rush them through, it would give me more pause for thought if kids aren't generally getting 'ill' from Covid and we are pumping them full of anything remotely unknown to prevent them getting it. 

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Ugh - nice bit of dog-whistle racism in there to boot

If they'd have said the outbreak seems to be more prevalent in sections of the community that have a closer inter-generational family structure than the usual English household, would it be any better, or would that fit the definition you used even better?

It beggars belief just how many folk have been bombarding their doctors surgery with calls on this...

Just received this auto text from "NHS-No Reply"...

Please note we will not be issuing doctors notes regarding exemption from wearing masks. The government expects everyone to act reasonably and patients just have to explain to the transport operator, shop or the health care facility why they are not able to wear one. Thank you.

Dear, oh dear!  

39 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It beggars belief just how many folk have been bombarding their doctors surgery with calls on this...

Just received this auto text from "NHS-No Reply"...

Please note we will not be issuing doctors notes regarding exemption from wearing masks. The government expects everyone to act reasonably and patients just have to explain to the transport operator, shop or the health care facility why they are not able to wear one. Thank you.

Dear, oh dear!  

To be fair, it's dangerous trying to set fire to mobile phone masks. One of them sparks hits your mask, goes right up in flames.

4 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

What would you rather? 

Old people, obese people, people who travel, people with disabilities, BAME, poor families, middle aged white men, children ...all have been named as at risk, or been named super carriers...or whatever...

14 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I wouldn't choose to wear a mask, it's not a massive thing just that it's an unnecessary annoyance. But I would if necessary. I just don't think there is much evidence it is particularly useful and with the other interactions people are having, passing someone momentarily in a shop seems very minimal risk, as compared.. to my kids in school, me in an office, people sat in pubs, visiting friends /relatives, congregating on parks. 

I have started doing much more online buying of clothes etc and this will increase my aversion. 

My kids are fully vaccinated and the scaremongering about them really bugged me in the past. But if we hastily rush them through, it would give me more pause for thought if kids aren't generally getting 'ill' from Covid and we are pumping them full of anything remotely unknown to prevent them getting it. 

Fair points and it does not bother me that much although where i am now in 30+ degrees heat it does get warm on my face. I just think it's not the be all and end all but if it helps even a little it's worth doing until we get a vaccine

The country is now being told to use common sense in how we as individuals deal with this pandemic.

Good to see the people who have been claiming to know how to deal with the coronavirus are now passing on this responsibility to the general public.

But going by how a number of snowflakes are reacting to being asked to wear a mask. It looks as if common sense is in short supply

20 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

You may remember that I raised the issue of lack of social distancing in Normanton a while back.

Of course nothing would have been done about it because of fear of a response from people like you and these are the results that we get.

Give it a couple of weeks and you will be moaning that not enough was done to protect these communities.

Reap what you sow.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You may remember that I raised the issue of lack of social distancing in Normanton a while back.

Of course nothing would have been done about it because of fear of a response from people like you and these are the results that we get.

Give it a couple of weeks and you will be moaning that not enough was done to protect these communities.

Reap what you sow.

Have to agree.

When I read the article I didn't see anything racist just a statement of fact and helping draw attention to the fact that certain communities seem to be at greater risk.

Funny how people can read different things into the same statement.

I don't remember anyone calling it ageist or sexism when it has been highlighted that the older you are the greater risk you were at or that men seemed to be more vulnerable (don't know if that's still the case).

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

The country is now being told to use common sense in how we as individuals deal with this pandemic.

Good to see the people who have been claiming to know how to deal with the coronavirus are now passing on this responsibility to the general public.

But going by how a number of snowflakes are reacting to being asked to wear a mask. It looks as if common sense is in short supply

Personally snowflakes would be the people demanding everyone wear masks in shops 'just in case' whilst everywhere else where people mix in much closer quarters, no one is bothering. Then spitting their dummies out if anyone questions the point of it. But, that's common sense isn't...nothing common about it. 

Archived