Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Pedants hat on - Does one death not indicate one case?

Not anymore!  Case closed!

58 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I had a positive test for COVID a few weeks ago and was never contacted.

At what point in your illness did you have the test?

Have a mate with a positive antibody test - which means he has had it but he has no memory of ever being even slightly ill, so he wouldn't be in scope for track and trace - but I'm assuming yours was a Covid test not the antibody test. If you were tested cos you were ill and it was positive then it's pretty scandalous that you weren't contacted for T&T

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, rammieib said:

Zero cases in Derby and Derbyshire yesterday. One death.

Good news that things are moving in the right direction. Also good to know that the 3 months of lockdown were not in vain and had the desired effect. Let's hope the new guidelines help keep it at bay

Interesting figures published by ward for Derby/Derbyshire. Top 10 number of cases between April and July

Derby
Rose Hill & Castleward - 86
Allenton & Osmaston; New Normanton - 76
Littleover East - 69
Sinfin - 61
Chellaston West & Shelton Lock - 60
Wilmorton & Alvaston Village 56
Normanton North & Peartree - 51
Cathedral Quarter & California - 46
Normanton South - 45
Alvaston & Crewton - 44

Derbyshire 
Dronfield North East - 79
Hady & Hasland; Killamarsh - 76
Linton & Overseal - 67
Eckington & Renishaw; Glossop Centre - 60
Ilkeston - 58
Buxton North - 57
Shirebrook North West - 53
Dronfield Woodhouse; Matlock North - 52
Creswell; Old Whittington - 49
Chapel & Hope Valley; Holmewood; Newhall - 48

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Not anymore!  Case closed!

At what point in your illness did you have the test?

Have a mate with a positive antibody test - which means he has had it but he has no memory of ever being even slightly ill, so he wouldn't be in scope for track and trace - but I'm assuming yours was a Covid test not the antibody test. If you were tested cos you were ill and it was positive then it's pretty scandalous that you weren't contacted for T&T

I tested positive for an active case of COVID-19. It was not an antibody test. I was told I would be contacted but the call/email/text never came.

On 14/07/2020 at 13:57, Paul71 said:

It would appear that this thread is becoming a politics mark 2 thread yet again, I thought @David had asked for discussions not to be political?

Are you wanting to get this thread shut down as well Paul? This is nothing like the old politics thread and perhaps if you are so sensitive to any reference to the government, the off-topic section of the forum is not for you? Just a thought!

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Are you wanting to get this thread shut down as well Paul? This is nothing like the old politics thread and perhaps if you are so sensitive to any reference to the government, the off-topic section of the forum is not for you? Just a thought!

We need more rainbows and unicorns.

Tesco Extra in Loughborough today, I reckon 10% were wearing masks. 

No significant demographic on the maskless. All ages, males and females, families with kids. 

Hopefully people start to adhere before the official start date. 

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Tesco Extra in Loughborough today, I reckon 10% were wearing masks. 

No significant demographic on the maskless. All ages, males and females, families with kids. 

Hopefully people start to adhere before the official start date. 

10% is a huge increase on the 1 or 2% we saw on Monday.

35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

10% is a huge increase on the 1 or 2% we saw on Monday.

Talking to my folks (aged 75, 80) via zoom tonight and they reckon its 10% of people not wearing masks where they live. They look across the border and are glad they don't live down south. 

On 14/07/2020 at 12:36, Eddie said:

I unblocked everyone when the politics tab was taken down - and no, I'm not trying to create an anti-anything faction. I bought a new wok in Wilkos - £4.50 for a small non-stick one (although removing the glue from the bloody sticker inconveniently placed inside the pan proved problematic - soap, boiling water, alcohol were all defeated, acetone was a score-draw but hot sunflower oil for 15 minutes proved decisive).

For the sticker, try WD40 or hairspray, works a treat normally

12 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

For the sticker, try WD40 or hairspray, works a treat normally

Thanks - next time I'll remember that (although I'm senile, so I probably won't).

I quickly worked out that the glue was lipid, so basically any oil-based solvent should help. Heating sunflower oil in the pan worked really well - the glue just floated off. I've used the wok twice now, and it's beginning to season really well. Not bad for less than a fiver. Being tiny, it's great for onions.

15 hours ago, froggg said:

Don’t know if this has been posted before but surely these are pertinent reasons for wearing a face covering.

BCB9C33F-1BF8-462B-B581-CCFE6BACCB6C.jpeg

Honestly - I suspect mask wearing will have a negative affect on businesses staying open. Less people will shop and thus more jobs will be lost.

57 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Honestly - I suspect mask wearing will have a negative affect on businesses staying open. Less people will shop and thus more jobs will be lost.

Lost me there. 

Does wearing a mask negate the need for things?

38 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Lost me there. 

Does wearing a mask negate the need for things?

I guess they mean less people will go to the shops if they have to wear a mask, and buy on line etc instead, maybe..... 

Before I get chastised, I have no issues with wearing a mask

22 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I guess they mean less people will go to the shops if they have to wear a mask, and buy on line etc instead, maybe..... 

Before I get chastised, I have no issues with wearing a mask

Well yes, there will be a number of people reluctant to go out. But I don't think the masks are part of that problem. There will be a big push towards people moving away from high street shopping and towards online, and hopefully there will be a big push towards getting shops digitally prepared. But I think that's happening already. 

I was presuming the OP was talking about the seemingly US centric view of there being some inherent human rights restrictions in making people wear masks, and the customer base will be more militant in their refusal to wear them.

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I was presuming the OP was talking about the seemingly US centric view of there being some inherent human rights restrictions in making people wear masks, and the customer base will be more militant in their refusal to wear them

Ah ok, that’s a bit daft then (and they are a bit, ive had 1st hand experience ?)

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Well yes, there will be a number of people reluctant to go out. But I don't think the masks are part of that problem. There will be a big push towards people moving away from high street shopping and towards online, and hopefully there will be a big push towards getting shops digitally prepared. But I think that's happening already. 

I was presuming the OP was talking about the seemingly US centric view of there being some inherent human rights restrictions in making people wear masks, and the customer base will be more militant in their refusal to wear them.

I'm all in favour of anti-maskers staying at home. Hopefully they will do so forever.

Archived