Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

As our own High Streets begin to bulge with lines of desperate shoppers, Beijing is now activating it's "Second Wave" restrictions.  "Lockdown 2 - The Virus strikes back"!

having seen images of those desperate to shop, the only social distancing seems to be the gap between their ears.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Been loads counties were not had a 2nd wave even if there is one not as bad the first wave it is a lot weaker.

most aren't out their 1st wave yet 

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

most aren't out their 1st wave yet 

Is that true? Most of Europe is comfortably out of the first wave, the east Asian countries with reliable numbers are too, other than the USA and South America, which countries aren't out of the first wave?

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

Is that true? Most of Europe is comfortably out of the first wave, the east Asian countries with reliable numbers are too, other than the USA and South America, which countries aren't out of the first wave?

First peak certainly, first wave, possibly not.

Great article in National Geographic comparing past pandemics, like the 1918 Spanish Flu which actually lasted until 1920, and their patterns and peoples behaviour around them this month.

1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

First peak certainly, first wave, possibly not.

Great article in National Geographic comparing past pandemics, like the 1918 Spanish Flu which actually lasted until 1920, and their patterns and peoples behaviour around them this month.

BBC East Mids interviewed an elderly lady in Derby yesterday, risking her life to go shopping. What was she after? Stuff to make Christmas decorations because there's not long to go.

Pictures of idiots pushing and shoving to get into Nike, nearly all of them BAME! Don't these people read or watch the news! They could die for a pair of trainers!

Illegal raves the police couldn't stop. No SD there.

Frankly with behaviour like that the virus will be around for years and Darwinian selection will occur ridding the world of some fools but unfortunately killing a lot of other people as collateral damage

Have got to say, after weeks of relative isolation, we met up (socially distanced) with people on Fri, Sat & Sun because it was Mrs Wolfie's birthday weekend.

On Sunday I came closer to a proper panic attack than I've ever been, since I suffered with anxiety 15 or so years ago. Not becuase we were doing anything that we shouldn't but because we were in the proximity of people for 3 days running.

I'm in no hurry to go shopping but maybe I need to force myself once the intial rush has died down. I can see me slipping back into bad old ways and avoiding contact.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I've still only been out once since March 23rd - for a drive last week. The last thing I'm going to do at the moment is join people who are dying to shop (or is that 'shopping to die'?)

Problems with your eyesight ?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I've still only been out once since March 23rd - for a drive last week. The last thing I'm going to do at the moment is join people who are dying to shop (or is that 'shopping to die'?)

It's alright for you. 

You seem to live in Utopia, where world class beers are delivered from your local Tesco, and even Lidl do a decent Belgian selection box.

The rest of us mugs are desperately driving round said shops in search of the same deals!

51 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's alright for you. 

You seem to live in Utopia, where world class beers are delivered from your local Tesco, and even Lidl do a decent Belgian selection box.

The rest of us mugs are desperately driving round said shops in search of the same deals!

https://belgiuminabox.com/shop/

https://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

http://www.web-bier.de/shop/

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's alright for you. 

You could try the introductory offers from sites like Beer52 and Flavourly. Cancel after the first delivery and it works out at £1.50 per bottle and the occasional snack. Almost always something you haven’t had before, and usually taste alright.

On 16/06/2020 at 01:36, Andicis said:

Coronavirus in Beijing: 27 neighbourhoods not allowed to leave as spike continues

Millions of people in Beijing are living under renewed restrictions, as a spike in virus cases continues.

The city reported another 31 cases on Wednesday, bringing the total to 137 in the past week.

Before the recent spike, the Chinese capital had gone 57 days without a locally-transmitted case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-53074076

A little ray of sunshine...

Coronavirus: Dexamethasone being used to treat NHS patients today

A life-saving treatment for seriously-ill hospital patients with Covid-19 is being used across the UK from today, following breakthrough results in a UK trial.

Dexamethasone - a cheap, widely-available steroid - was shown to reduce deaths among patients on ventilators and on oxygen.

The UK's chief medical officers say it should be used "with immediate effect".

And there are no issues with supplies of the medicine in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53077893

23 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You could try the introductory offers from sites like Beer52 and Flavourly. Cancel after the first delivery and it works out at £1.50 per bottle and the occasional snack. Almost always something you haven’t had before, and usually taste alright.

Cheers, just ordered from Beer52. Only had to pay for postage for first order!

Had to go to London yesterday, was not too sure about driving or train. In the end, cost, parking, congestion charge went for train. Set off 9am, 8 carriages, 9 passengers in total, including 3 of us from same household. Tried to avoid tube but by the end of a very long day had to do it to get back to Euston station on time, I cannot  remember seeing the tube this quiet at 8pm in zone 1. Judging by the streets of London, the country is not quite ready for business

12 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

Cheers, just ordered from Beer52. Only had to pay for postage for first order!

It’s a pretty good service overall, just be prepared for when you want to cancel as they try and keep you on no matter what. It’s a pretty good service overall though, I’ve ended up persisting and I think I get more out of it than I don’t. The loyalty scheme is pretty good too

21 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

A little ray of sunshine...

Coronavirus: Dexamethasone being used to treat NHS patients today

A life-saving treatment for seriously-ill hospital patients with Covid-19 is being used across the UK from today, following breakthrough results in a UK trial.

Dexamethasone - a cheap, widely-available steroid - was shown to reduce deaths among patients on ventilators and on oxygen.

The UK's chief medical officers say it should be used "with immediate effect".

And there are no issues with supplies of the medicine in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53077893

Dexamethasone is the standard treatment for inflammation of the lungs caused by inhaling caustic substances in chemical accidents. It's good to hear that it has been proved to be effective for Coronavirus.

What we really need is a vaccine though.

Archived