Coronavirus

1of4

29 minutes ago, rynny said:

Not sure how many pubs will be opening on the 4th as they can only open with online table service. Not sure how easy it will be for independent pubs to implement, also with the cost as well. 

Also everyone going to the pub will need to leave contact details to help with the NHS track and trace.

So how many Boris Johnsons and Donald Trumps  amongst others will we soon be drinking in our local?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, rynny said:

Not sure how many pubs will be opening on the 4th as they can only open with online table service. Not sure how easy it will be for independent pubs to implement, also with the cost as well. 

Also everyone going to the pub will need to leave contact details to help with the NHS track and trace.

This is just unworkable IMO. All that tells you is who has been in the pub & there's no knowing if the infected person actually came into close enough proximity to anyone else there to pass it on . I could go and sit in a beer garden, feet away from anyone else and then get a phone call telling me to stay in the house for 14 days. Great.

This is why we needed an App.

Sith Happens
38 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So how many Boris Johnsons and Donald Trumps  amongst others will we soon be drinking in our local?

Surely easy...just make everyone carry ID. No ID no drink simple.

2 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

This is just unworkable IMO. All that tells you is who has been in the pub & there's no knowing if the infected person actually came into close enough proximity to anyone else there to pass it on . I could go and sit in a beer garden, feet away from anyone else and then get a phone call telling me to stay in the house for 14 days. Great.

This is why we needed an App.

If you get priority testing then you could make it work. 

The landlord of our local is dreading it - thinks it will be impossible to police

"you can have all the social distancing limits you want, but if you isolate people for 3 months and then open the pubs - they will all come have a drink and be sensible. Then they'll have another drink and still be sensible. Then they'll have a 3rd drink because "this is nice isn't it?"Then I guarantee that they will start hugging each other"

17 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

The landlord of our local is dreading it - thinks it will be impossible to police

"you can have all the social distancing limits you want, but if you isolate people for 3 months and then open the pubs - they will all come have a drink and be sensible. Then they'll have another drink and still be sensible. Then they'll have a 3rd drink because "this is nice isn't it?"Then I guarantee that they will start hugging each other"

It's going to be like every New Years Eve for the last 30 years rolled into one.

Duck it I'll take my chance ,to be fair it's impossible to social distance under current rules in supermarkets etc ,They can put arrows on the floor till the cows come home, even if people follow them they stop browsing and you have to over take them in close proximity 

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Duck it I'll take my chance ,to be fair it's impossible to social distance under current rules in supermarkets etc ,They can put arrows on the floor till the cows come home, even if people follow them they stop browsing and you have to over take them in close proximity 

Be careful though. Over taking someone in a supermarket is much less of a risk than being close to lots of people talking loudly whilst drinking. Lots of salvia flying about.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Be careful though. Over taking someone in a supermarket is much less of a risk than being close to lots of people talking loudly whilst drinking. Lots of salvia flying about.

Hopefully the utterly irresponsible beer-throwing that seems to have become part of football 'culture' over recent years will become a thing of the past.

Just now, Eddie said:

Hopefully the utterly irresponsible beer-throwing that seems to have become part of football 'culture' over recent years will become a thing of the past.

Typical hypocrisy from you @Eddie. We all know you have been tipping your Belgian beer over your head during this hot spell.

Sith Happens
On 13/06/2020 at 12:42, Paul71 said:

Officially in consultation now,  the good thing in a way is our team of 4 will only lose 1 person (only ☹) , we are to enter a selection process,  as I have been there the shortest amount of time obviously concerned decisions may be made on a financial basis as I will be the cheapest to get rid of. 

Got to admit my previous problems with stress and anxiety are surfacing, half the team are furloughed and I am struggling to cope with the extra workload because of this,  many a sleepless night has been had of late.

I can't even imagine celebrating if I keep my job as I am close with all my colleagues, what a poo time.

Good news on this, I have been told I am 'provisionally' now no longer part of the process.

Its provisional because if those selected successfully challenge the reasons then I could be brought back into it, but I think thats more just procedure so would be surprised (though not totally ruling it out) if anything changes.

9 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

There's a local near me that I thought would be the first to open on the 4th, but they've announced they are staying shut until they go through the govt guidelines and make sure they can comply with them. 

They have a big beer garden plus a decent sized car park.  

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

There's a local near me that I thought would be the first to open on the 4th, but they've announced they are staying shut until they go through the govt guidelines and make sure they can comply with them. 

They have a big beer garden plus a decent sized car park.  

Yeah to be fair, i'm wondering just how many pubs will actually open. Our local seems to be surviving OK just on doing take outs on a weekend - I don't think they will risk opening up permanently if they don't think it's safe to do so.

The guidelines are bound to be vague and put all the onus on the pubs to interpret them as they see fit. That seems to be the tactic with everything. 

2 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yeah to be fair, i'm wondering just how many pubs will actually open. Our local seems to be surviving OK just on doing take outs on a weekend - I don't think they will risk opening up permanently if they don't think it's safe to do so.

The guidelines are bound to be vague and put all the onus on the pubs to interpret them as they see fit. That seems to be the tactic with everything. 

Isn't that what guidelines are? "This is what we want you to work round, you sort out how your individual business can do it". Every pub / business is different, surely the government can't be expected to instruct every individual business?

9 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I think that is what happens in a liberal society. We will almost certainly get a second wave. Given how we’ve seen people behave, short of draconian police measures you have to rely of the majority of sensible people to offset the damage caused by the idiots but  that in itself is amelioration rather than a guaranteed fix. 

Archived