Coronavirus

1of4

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Van Wolfie said:

Meanwhile, the lowest daily death count since lockdown was enforced (55). It's going to be very interesting to see the effect of loosening restrictions in the coming days & weeks.

Or mass gatherings which break even the loosened restrictions such as beaches, protests.....

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Van Wolfie said:

Meanwhile, the lowest daily death count since lockdown was enforced (55). It's going to be very interesting to see the effect of loosening restrictions in the coming days & weeks.

I thought the same when the loosened the lockdown over here. Luckily as of yet there doesn't seem to have been an increase in deaths. They did announce a slight rise in cases, blaming some for not following guidelines, but deaths don't appear to have risen. That doesn't mean that the same will happen there, or that it doesn't worsen over here.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

I feel that in that surely soon clubs can look into the stadiums again and what annoyies me that mass gathering still taking place over black mans death just like football crowds.

Completely different worlds B4, but even in the simplest terms the protests are not being encouraged by the government. If they let people back in the stadiums they would be expected to allow everyone the same. 

We all miss football but what people are standing for today is far bigger than any game of sports. 

If this is true, then lockdown has been a waste of time, no? There is still question marks over how trustworthy the WHO is, but if it's as simple as if you're ill stay home, then the economy has been shut up for 3 months for no valid reason?

52 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If this is true, then lockdown has been a waste of time, no? There is still question marks over how trustworthy the WHO is, but if it's as simple as if you're ill stay home, then the economy has been shut up for 3 months for no valid reason?

How do these super spreaders work then? Are they going around on deaths door coughing over people?

Plans to re-open primary schools scrapped.

The plan for all primary school years in England to go back to school before the end of term is to be dropped by the government.

There had been an aim for all primary pupils to spend four weeks in school before the summer break.

But it is no longer thought to be feasible and instead schools will be given "flexibility" over whether or not to admit more pupils.

Head teachers' leaders said it had never been a practical possibility.

It comes after Health Secretary Matt Hancock conceded at Monday's Downing Street briefing that secondary schools in England may not fully reopen until September "at the earliest".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-52969679

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, Andicis said:

It may be true. I am sceptical purely because almost every day throughout this crisis there have been opinions published in the media of 'experts' which contradict each other. There have been many reports suggesting 40,50 or as many as 80% of patients are Asymptomatic so I am not sure that one report from the WHO means all of that research is irrelevant now.

And also surely Asymptomatic and Presymptomatic are two very different things?  I would surely still think, like with colds, the majority of people spreading it are those yet to show symptoms.

9 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

How do these super spreaders work then? Are they going around on deaths door coughing over people?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/01/k-number-what-is-coronavirus-metric-crucial-lockdown-eases

The initial spread of aids among the gay community was traced back to, among others, an Air Canada steward who got around a lot and met lots of men wherever he flew. There's nothing special about the people who spread it, except that they come into contact with lots of people.

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

That's assuming all people with symptoms immediately stay at home. But it's surprising how many people don't.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

That's assuming all people with symptoms immediately stay at home. But it's surprising how many people don't.

I can imagine on feeling the first tickles of a little cough and generally maybe a bit 'off'... Just in case, lots of people would rush into work and grab everything they needed before popping to the shops and doing a massive shop. 

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, angieram said:

I know people may be a bit more aware, but just before lockdown when the message was stay at home if you have any symptoms 3 people in our office where in coughing all over the place. I did challenge them but they seemed to be experts in what was coronavirus or not. As far as I know it wasnt but who knows....i was so angry especially being in the vulnerable category. This is what annoys me when you see those saying 'my body' and all that, well it is for you but not for everyone else you might give it to.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I had really bad cough because I suffer from asmtha I take couple puffs from my inhaler but often when freezing cold or going to be unwell. But some times I start coughing when my chest is to tight.

Yes it can do me too with mine in the cold weather. But the symptoms of Coronavirus are a new continuous cough, not the sort of thing that 'usually' is symptomatic with asthma suffers were it tends to be a short spell of coughing.

Usually if I have a cough that persists its not my asthma its some sort of bug...

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I know people may be a bit more aware, but just before lockdown when the message was stay at home if you have any symptoms 3 people in our office where in coughing all over the place. I did challenge them but they seemed to be experts in what was coronavirus or not. As far as I know it wasnt but who knows....i was so angry especially being in the vulnerable category. This is what annoys me when you see those saying 'my body' and all that, well it is for you but not for everyone else you might give it to.

Here’s one I’ve not heard of Atypical people who have mild symptoms but don’t realise they have the virus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52977940

This may be the main source of spreading.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Here’s one I’ve not heard of Atypical people who have mild symptoms but don’t realise they have the virus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52977940

This may be the main source of spreading.

Could well be. The WHO have back tracked a bit on their statement yesterday now according to the BBC to say they still don't know really how much people without symptoms spread the virus

Archived