Coronavirus

1of4

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Yes it can do me too with mine in the cold weather. But the symptoms of Coronavirus are a new continuous cough, not the sort of thing that 'usually' is symptomatic with asthma suffers were it tends to be a short spell of coughing.

Usually if I have a cough that persists its not my asthma its some sort of bug...

It took months to go away probley made me feel quite ill in the made ribs hit.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Could well be. The WHO have back tracked a bit on their statement yesterday now according to the BBC to say they still don't know really how much people without symptoms spread the virus

The problem is, there is no consensus or 'official' line, but every statement from a scientist associated with the WHO is treated by the press as though the words came from an official spokesman or represented a clear mandate.

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The problem is, there is no consensus or 'official' line, but every statement from a scientist associated with the WHO is treated by the press as though the words came from an official spokesman or represented a clear mandate.

I think people are looking for whatever hope they can find, wherever it comes from.

The Memsahib and I actually went out today for the first time since the end of March. OK, we never got out of the car, but I suppose it's a start. We drove around for half an hour and then went home for beer.

No castles were visited (apart from Castle Donington, of course)

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The Memsahib and I actually went out today for the first time since the end of March. OK, we never got out of the car, but I suppose it's a start. We drove around for half an hour and then went home for beer.

Was it an eye test ?

If there are a reported 4-5000 new cases a day (1500 or so found by testing plus the ones that are never found) how does this thing get passed on?

I can understand hospital environments and I understand in the home but given the stories coming out now that asymptomatic cases potentially don’t spread it - literally where are people catching it?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

The weather isn’t that great for getting out the car at the moment. 

44 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If there are a reported 4-5000 new cases a day (1500 or so found by testing plus the ones that are never found) how does this thing get passed on?

I can understand hospital environments and I understand in the home but given the stories coming out now that asymptomatic cases potentially don’t spread it - literally where are people catching it?

Around 5g masts ??

2 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

The weather isn’t that great for getting out the car at the moment. 

It wasn't too bad at 2:30 this afternoon, but I think it's going to be showery for the next few days.

On 09/06/2020 at 17:11, Van Gritters said:

Here’s one I’ve not heard of Atypical people who have mild symptoms but don’t realise they have the virus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52977940

This may be the main source of spreading.

I'm no expert, but if they say the main form of transmission is from people dry-coughing the virus into the air/onto surfaces, is it really so surprising to conclude that people who are asymptomatic (and therefore NOT dry-coughing the virus into the air/onto surfaces) seem to transmit the virus less?

59 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Still many people dying of think every day. The average deaths is really dropping very slowly. 

Seems to me the government have given up on trying to control this now. 

I’m not particularly impressed with the government’s handling but I think it’s harsh and incorrect to say they’ve given up trying to control it now. If true they would have lifted lock down completely or, at least bowed to the pressure to make changes such as reducing the safe distancing, opening up hospitality, abandoning the quarantine rules etc.

Also, don’t forget, the daily figures aren’t the number of people that have died the previous day.

Whilst progress is certainly slow, there are other measures which need to be looked at such hospital bed occupancy and ventilator usage. 

Things are improving, albeit very slowly, and no one apart from the Coviditiots that are choosing to ignore the rules have given up on controlling the virus.

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I'm no expert, but if they say the main form of transmission is from people dry-coughing the virus into the air/onto surfaces, is it really so surprising to conclude that people who are asymptomatic (and therefore NOT dry-coughing the virus into the air/onto surfaces) seem to transmit the virus less?

Not at all, I think the main spreaders are the mild symptoms who don’t realise they have it. Maybe that’s why we need to Stay Alert.

3 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Seems to me the government have given up on trying to control this now. 

I don't think it's a wilful action on their behalf - just a shambolic level of incompetence generating a lack of direction among an element of the population who are still not convinced that it's a problem to them.

There is something very dodgy with all these stats:

Apparently R is still nigh on one. Each person infects one so numbers stay the same.

YET a month ago 1 in 1000 people had the virus, now its one in 1700 (ONS figures). Roughly speaking 10 persons have infected 6. That's not 1. 

Archived