Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

And some of the great british public excel themselves again....

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-surge-fly-tipping-rubbish-071322756.html

I am aware there has been a spate of fly tipping since this started in Denby......

People really can be awful human beings.

The good news (and I say that firmly tongue in cheek, in case anyone is about to have a go) is that the @uttoxram75's wonderful sofawatch thread may get some good posts in it again.

14 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Self isolation taking its toll mate?

At the end of week 3 of wfh mate and all i have to look forward to is a cat food crisis to get me out of the house.

I've not known what to do since i saw the headline that i cant "drive to exercise".......thats the only exercise I've known! ?

Noticeable how much busier it is today at work and on the roads.

I can see an issue developing if we get warm weather.

A few ‘interesting‘arguments amongst customers about what entails essential shopping.

It’s not my place to tell someone what’s essential or not.

Intervened yesterday on someone taking issue with a lady for buying a large gazebo, it was for Barnsley Hospital.

I forgot to mention,first day off tomorrow together for myself and the good lady cone in a month,other than hospital.

Might have a shandy.

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

It's ok they'll be along with another one in a minute.

Plenty on here will vouch for Troy being a nice bloke, but this continual grifting of vulnerable people leaves a bad taste. You only have to look at the replies to his tweets to see some very poorly people losing their minds over this stuff. I couldn't live with that if it were me.

No worries, they'll criminalize any dissenting voices soon enough.

i agree with you up to a point though, but much prefer open discussions about subjects to stifling it and relying solely on official information.  i feel for those vulnerable folks stuck in that loop with their blinders on.  Truly painful to witness their emotional need to control all narrative.  You can see examples of that in comments here and there.

1 minute ago, ramit said:

i agree with you up to a point though, but much prefer open discussions about subjects to stifling it and relying solely on official information

Oh absolutely - there is just a fine line between people who are truth-seeking and those who are exploiting the vulnerable by deliberately pushing their buttons and offering "alternative narratives" simply to make money.

44 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I am aware there has been a spate of fly tipping since this started in Denby......

No excuse, of course. 
I have a (little) bit of rubbish from a shed tidy-up.... couple of plastic bins, bits of MDF, and one bag of weeds from the garden.  All stacked out of sight down the side of the house, until the tip re-opens.

However... It does seem a little crazy to close the tips, when 90% of the population are stuck at home with little to do other than spring cleaning, garden clearance, DIY and decorating.  The bin men won't take most of that.  Surely they can open up for limited hours, restrict the access and control the social distancing... and of course class a trip to the tip as "essential", before we are all overrun with some sort of unpleasant disease!  Oh wait!  

Not defending the fly-tippers, but I can see WHY it's happening!

5 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Oh absolutely - there is just a fine line between people who are truth-seeking and those who are exploiting the vulnerable by deliberately pushing their buttons and offering "alternative narratives" simply to make money.

That's the problem, it is a fine line and it is often hard to define who is the exploiter and who the exploited.  Having said that, free speech has a price and money grubbing opportunists sadly will persist.  Critical thinking and discernment is the best info radar, in my opinion and it comes with practice.

But yeah, we mostly agree ✌️

13 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Worra Bamford, and his lad who used to post on here can join him too.

Radar caused the Spanish Flu in 1918, but we waited until balls deep into another world war decades later to deploy it?

5g causes Coronavirus, despite it only being rolled out in certain cities in the UK so far, and all other places reporting the same cases.

Finally, if it's all baalocks, maybe @TroyDyer and his daddy would be comfortable filming their next pile of poo in the middle of a bustling high street.

It's easy to sit there and abuse people with alternative theories. 

Not saying I agree with what he was saying but are you able to scientifically disprove some of the things he says?

If so, which parts?

Hes correct that the roll out of 5G continues regardless? Are these essential key workers?

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hancock saying peak expected in next few weeks.

Am I missing something here?

Been in lockdown for 2 weeks now, incubation period up to 14 days but expected to be about 7 days.

Why would the peak still be a few weeks off?

Confuses me too. Surely infections should be slowing. Deaths probably continue to increase due to a lag but I don't understand why it doesnt slow. I mean the evidence is there that it isn't because Spain and Italy are only just slowing down but I don't understand it. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Not really surprising (not saying it's right)

People are stuck at home both generating more waste anyway, plus doing all those jobs they've been putting off - clearing out garages & sheds etc, with nowhere to take their rubbish because the tips are closed. Even I was putting up shelves last weekend - normally one of my least favourite things to do - and sorting out the pantry, that's been a mess since we moved here 6 years ago.

What I don't understand is that our council announced last weekend that they are no longer collecting recyling waste or garden bins, citing problems with distancing in 3-man truck cabs. They are going to collect the general refuse bins on the normal route, normal days, every 2 weeks though. If they can maintain this, why can't they collect the recycling on the other weeks?

I'm planning to burn the paper and card in the garden and just save up the plastic & metal.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Been in lockdown for 2 weeks now, incubation period up to 14 days but expected to be about 7 days.

Was wondering that myself, we've been locked away for a couple of weeks now and starting think that if we haven't got it by now the chances of getting it are dropping rapidly.  

Maybe its just a bit of gentle fear mongering to keep everyone inside over the Easter break?  Keeping the majority of people indoors for an entire month will really help limit the spread I guess.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He was a confirmed case I think? Did 6 days self isolation, and was everywhere yesterday, probably spreading it like a garden hose.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did he mean the peak of folk dying? - they stated that a number of those that had died last week had been amongst the first to catch it (so they died 4 weeks after getting infected) - and don't forget that a lot of those who have lost their lives were already suffering from other issues - they've not necessarily died from Covid-19, but complications brought on by the virus, so the length of time between someone catching it and it proving fatal will vary greatly.....

'Maybe its just a bit of gentle fear mongering to keep everyone inside over the Easter break?  Keeping the majority of people indoors for an entire month will really help limit the spread I guess.'

Think its going to be a bit more than a month-Family in Aus have been told on TV by their PM these measures will be in place till at least october unless a virus is produced

Archived