Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

July - peak A&E admissions from alcohol poisoning/fighting.

I agree with your view, and good luck to you mate and those in the NHS.

On the line I quoted .... I can't help thinking that anyone who decides to be a shambling penis the day they do re-open the pubs could find out what real 'heavy-handed' policing is.

The virus is a bad thing happening indiscriminately to good people - got no time for prats who can't hold their beer.

The nurses and doctors can torch the town hall though if they want.

32 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

It's a tough one. I'm beginning to think I need to buy something to entertain the kids. Being cooped up in the garden for months will affect their mental health. I mean I can understand someone wanting to buy a gazebo if it means you can give the family another few options on stuff to do. We are going to quickly turn on each other through boredom. I'm feeling it now, and it's only been a couple of weeks. If we're supposed to sit this out for 6 months, who can blame anyone wanting to buy a paddling pool or a garden table and chair set?

Sold loads of garden stuff,BBQ’s etc,loads of tv’s because people want to upgrade,loads of freezers obviously.

Had to smile at a chap who came down with a load of lube in his trolley,I just looked at him  

and told him to have a nice day.

31 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am getting fed up of this now and yet so called goverment doing what ever they like alright for them not follow tge rules borries johnson.

What rules are you referring to that the "so called government" are applying that Johnson isn't following?

23 hours ago, RamNut said:

Today......Derbyshire 342 up 10%; London 9292 also up 10%

another 569 deaths. 

Update - Derbyshire 383 up another 10%; London 10,247 also 10%

684 deaths.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

What rules are you referring to that the "so called government" are applying that Johnson isn't following?

By going out but yet he tells stay at home and yet he gets it and not doing social distancing thing. He might following them. But not just that poltenions get tested while hospital doctories nurses and carers are waiting to be tested.

45 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Sorry did mean vacinne

Wow. Maybe the sort of brave statement other world leaders should be making to prepare us unless, he prefers to under promise and over deliver. I'm assuming restrictions in Australia are similar to ours.

I think we can see the answer now to this question about whether Coronavirus really is killing people, or whether people are just dying at the normal rate and they happen to have Coronavirus.

normal death rate = say 10000 per week

600 deaths per day associated with Coronavirus  = 4000 per week

so...either 40% of the population have Coronavirus and people are dying at the normal rate, or Coronavirus really is killing people.

38,000 confirmed cases is a tiny fraction of the 50m population of England alone

even if the number of cases is underestimated by a  factor of 10.... 380,000 cases is still less than 1% of the population infected, but it’s already associated with 40% of the normal number of deaths? 

It’s killing people. 

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

By going out but yet he tells stay at home and yet he gets it and not doing social distancing thing. He might following them. But not just that poltenions get tested while hospital doctories nurses and carers are waiting to be tested.

The chap ain’t going out fella he’s ill with this virus. In fact he looks worst every time I see him.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Apart from the clapping last night, which I assume he did in line with social distancing rules (it might still have been wiser to do it from inside at the window mind) when else has he been out during his period of quarantine (have I missed something)? I suspect he caught it before the current rules were implemented. 

With regard to getting tested, yes, I can fully sympathise with your point but, surely you'd expect our "leader" to be tested if he displays any signs (regardless of what you think of him)?  

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think we can see the answer now to this question about whether Coronavirus really is killing people, or whether people are just dying at the normal rate and they happen to have Coronavirus.

so...either 40% of the population have Coronavirus and people are dying at the normal rate, or Coronavirus really is killing people.

38,000 confirmed cases is a tiny fraction of the 50m population of England alone

even if the number of cases is underestimated by a  factor of 10.... 380,000 cases is still less than 1% of the population infected, but it’s already associated with 40% of the normal number of deaths? 

It’s killing people. 

Cant see any stat that you have posted there that proves it is killing people.

One expert predicted that half of is have  been infected with the virus. IF, and it's a big if, they are correct, would it therefore not be a safe assumption that 50% of people dying have coronavirus.

Sorry, can see you have kind of covered this.

38,000 confirmed cases are pretty much exclusively from people admitted to hospital.

I see the Nightingale Hospital in London that was headline as having 4000 beds, actually only has 500 beds with the capacity for up to 4000 beds.

London the worst affected, surely they would have gone straight for the 4000 beds rather than wait to see how it is going?

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

It’s killing people. 

I think it would be daft to say it wasn’t. Even the likes of Eddie Large May have had a few more years in him had he not caught this virus. 
I think more than 38000 have had it. The 38000 is the number confirmed from testing.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Cant see any stat that you have posted there that proves it is killing people.

One expert predicted that half of is have  been infected with the virus. IF, and it's a big if, they are correct, would it therefore not be a safe assumption that 50% of people dying have coronavirus.

Sorry, can see you have kind of covered this.

38,000 confirmed cases are pretty much exclusively from people admitted to hospital.

Not “have been”......will be.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I see the Nightingale Hospital in London that was headline as having 4000 beds, actually only has 500 beds with the capacity for up to 4000 beds.

London the worst affected, surely they would have gone straight for the 4000 beds rather than wait to see how it is going?

I'm optimistic that, due to the quick speed of the building and fitting out, they will be still in the process of fitting out rooms and going live with a large number of the beds. I'm not going to view 500 as a negative yet - maybe in a week or three they'll be up to full capacity.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It’s killing people. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in denial, I also don't doubt the seriousness of this virus but, I would just query the maths behind your scenario.

What we don't know is how many of those that have sadly lost their lives would have been amongst the normal deaths (horrible phrases but I can't think of any other way of saying it).

What would prove it is if the normal mortality rate (based on a number of years, not just one year in isolation) is say 10,000 per week but the current mortality rate is say 14,000 per week.

I would emphasise again, I'm no @smiths_tavrn I really do think this is a very serious situation and it is, in my opinion, causing a very large number of deaths.

Archived