Coronavirus

1of4

During the outbreak of Swine Flu, more people died globally from falling down the stairs, yet we don't see a mass bungalow building program as a result.

On the other hand, I was in a NHS clinic last week where a 'healthcare professional' offered the opinion that Coronavirus was a man made invention, designed with just enough HIV in it to merge and spread that infection throughout the world and leave us all reliant on anti immunity drugs!

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

During the outbreak of Swine Flu, more people died globally from falling down the stairs, yet we don't see a mass bungalow building program as a result.

On the other hand, I was in a NHS clinic last week where a 'healthcare professional' offered the opinion that Coronavirus was a man made invention, designed with just enough HIV in it to merge and spread that infection throughout the world and leave us all reliant on anti immunity drugs!

I think he's reliant on drugs already, mate

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think he's reliant on drugs already, mate

Bit like the moon landings?

Anyroads, if theres any truth in it we'll see compulsory vaccinations and huge share price leaps in Pharma corporations, so at least we'd all know that he was right as we died of weakened immune systems.

10 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Did he also tell you that Elvis regularly serves him at the chip shop?

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Depending on your age you've missed the IRA bombing the poo out us and being 5 minutes from being nuked in the Cold War.

Mate, we don’t have too much IRA trouble over here, just half cut Irish backpackers.

Just a thought, but shouldn't the official death rate actually 5.9% instead of around 2%? The 2% figure comes from comparing deaths to the total number of cases instead of number of recoveries.

What's more alarming is if you look at the recovery rate in Italy and South Korea - Italy has a recovery rate of 33% (79 deaths with only 160 recoveries) and S Korea has a recovery rate of 44.6% (33 deaths and 41 recoveries). USA, Spain, and France all have high rates too but thankfully small sample sizes. It makes me suspicious about China's figures.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

Apparently all the wards on one floor of Derby City Royal Hospital is being set aside in readiness for them to be turned into an isolation unit.

Is that for the impending visit of Forest and all the germs they'll bring from shottingham? 

12 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Apparently all the wards on one floor of Derby City Royal Hospital is being set aside in readiness for them to be turned into an isolation unit.

There's one room currently, with plans to set up a temporary building external to the main hospital building in the next week or so if needed.

Or at least that was the plan yesterday.

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Is that for the impending visit of Forest and all the germs they'll bring from shottingham? 

We're quite save in Derby. The gumps can only pass on any of their afflictions through close contact with a brother or a sister.

8 minutes ago, admira said:

And so it starts. This is Australia but a friend just went to Tesco and Morrisons and said it’s like Christmas. Stop panic buying please! 

F768B3DC-C65D-433E-B5EC-EC40A1417035.png

Need that after a Wetherspoons curry night 

Archived