Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
steve bloomer

First death in the UK. And I've seen that the Government and the Premier League have been in talks to be prepared for the next stage so I expect games to be played behind closed doors much more likely now if not postponed. Derby have got 5 more home league games left, these would have to be played behind closed doors at Pride Park if/when we get to the delayed stage?

9 minutes ago, steve bloomer said:

First death in the UK. And I've seen that the Government and the Premier League have been in talks to be prepared for the next stage so I expect games to be played behind closed doors much more likely now if not postponed. Derby have got 5 more home league games left, these would have to be played behind closed doors at Pride Park if/when we get to the delayed stage?

It's going to happen. Just look how rapidly things changed in Italy. Worst case scenario is 80% infected and the actual fatality rate is confirmed to be around 3.5%, while 15-20%  of those infected will require hospitalisation. So the fatality rate will increase. I've come across a spreadsheet documenting it's impact across numerous nations, including the UK and it's terrifying. Things won't get that bad due to government intervention, but in about a months time our nation is going to begin going through pain and suffering it's not experienced since WW2. 

27 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

in about a months time our nation is going to begin going through pain and suffering it's not experienced since WW2. 

Fully expect Leeds will come straight back down, let them have their fun for a few weeks and when they start losing week in week out they will soon quiet down.

All a fuss about nothing, we seem to love a apocalyptic storyline these days. Nothing more than flu that’s effecting folk with pre existing conditions.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

All a fuss about nothing, we seem to love a apocalyptic storyline these days. Nothing more than flu that’s effecting folk with pre existing conditions.

The current mortality rate in Italy is almost 4%. Public health officials are saying that the infection rate, without intervention, could be as high as 80% and up to 20% of people who become infected will need to be hospitalised. The mortality rate will increase as hospitals are overwhelmed. You track what's happening in Italy and see if you have the same opinion in 7 days time. That's if they don't stop reporting the figures.

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Im sure the family of the lady who died don't share your view.

8 hours ago, Uptherams said:

The current mortality rate in Italy is almost 4%. Public health officials are saying that the infection rate, without intervention, could be as high as 80% and up to 20% of people who become infected will need to be hospitalised. The mortality rate will increase as hospitals are overwhelmed. You track what's happening in Italy and see if you have the same opinion in 7 days time. That's if they don't stop reporting the figures.

Will do............

People who are panic buying are being ducking selfish. What about the elderly who might take a little longer to organise their shopping?

The amount of bog roll in people's trolleys at Sainsbury's yesterday was mental, you'd think they'd be planning to eat dodgy curries for the next 2 weeks.

9 hours ago, Uptherams said:

I think you have to be careful with “mortality rates”. Surely, in Italy, it’s 4% of reported cases. I’ve heard it suggested that there could be any more unreported cases as the symptoms for some are so mild. 

34 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

People who are panic buying are being ducking selfish. What about the elderly who might take a little longer to organise their shopping?

The amount of bog roll in people's trolleys at Sainsbury's yesterday was mental, you'd think they'd be planning to eat dodgy curries for the next 2 weeks.

The government is working with retailers and wholesalers. Intentionally stockpiling themselves. Because at some point in the next month potentially, the government is going to begin shutting down most places. Instead of people going out to shops to buy supplies, they will be delivered to  doorsteps and left outside. So don't worry, we have the infrastructure in place for people to continue to receive supplies, even if they banned what will then be deemed as non emergency personnel from travel.

42 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think you have to be careful with “mortality rates”. Surely, in Italy, it’s 4% of reported cases. I’ve heard it suggested that there could be any more unreported cases as the symptoms for some are so mild. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I don't think we should be careful. Our health officials and government are currently misleading us about the scale. They are claiming 1% mortality rate and only 5-10% will require hospitalisation. That is not what the WHO are saying or the case is in Italy. The NHS is not prepared for the scale of people who will require hospitalisation. Once they reach capacity, the mortality rate will increase significantly. This is nothing like the common flu and people dismissing it as such are deluding themselves. 

Archived