Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Norman said:

But we don't eat bats

I set up a business selling bats for food,  but i was shut down by the police for running a racket. 

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Have been to Morrisons this afternoon and the aisle with the toilet paper is empty...whats wrong with people? Seriously do wonder about the intelligence of the human race.

Also this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-51771584

Its appalling.....people are so selfish its unreal. 

I expected to find all the hand gel gone... as it was... but so was all the liquid hand soap too!

Makes you wonder just how few people washed/gelled up before last week!   

On 03/03/2020 at 05:26, Zag zig said:

That’s how I see it and the point Yani P makes about Heathrow brings perspective, postponing sporting events, yet leaving mass border entry open, somehow doesn’t seem sensible but then we’re talking about politicians here.

However, the tricky one would be if say an outbreak was to occur within a sporting institution, particularly amongst it’s players? Spurs for instance have already took preventative measures with Son but what if an outbreak occurs on the playing side?

Whilst it’s easy for say the RFU to nullify Italy fixtures, they are largely “dead rubbers” anyway, the real what IF would be if any team that potentially could affect a promotion/relegation even Europe outcome had a Coronavirus outbreak within it’s ranks. How would you be able to force a team to complete fixtures? 

Postponement would be the only option or legal suits would follow everywhere. 

And so it comes to pass...... in Rugby at least.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51777621

57 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I expected to find all the hand gel gone... as it was... but so was all the liquid hand soap too!

Makes you wonder just how few people washed/gelled up before last week!   

With all the bog paper also being sold out, does that mean more people are starting to wipe their arse.

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

There doesn't appear to be any other obvious reason behind it!  ?

Self isolation daytime TV tissue tickbox.

GMTV - Susannah Reid. ☑️

Lorraine - tricky, but with soft enough lighting ☑️

Homes under the hammer

This Morning - Holly Willowbooby☑️

Loose Women - sometimes have Katie Price on, a guilty pleasure but sometimes they're the best ☑️

Home and Away - every female cast member under 40 and over 16☑️

Countdown - Rachael Riley☑️☑️

Repeat X10 for a two week stretch, and tell me 100 rolls is enough!

33 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Self isolation daytime TV tissue tickbox.

GMTV - Susannah Reid. ☑️

Lorraine - tricky, but with soft enough lighting ☑️

Homes under the hammer

This Morning - Holly Willowbooby☑️

Loose Women - sometimes have Katie Price on, a guilty pleasure but sometimes they're the best ☑️

Home and Away - every female cast member under 40 and over 16☑️

Countdown - Rachael Riley☑️☑️

Repeat X10 for a two week stretch, and tell me 100 rolls is enough!

I'm sure I popped my head in a prisoner's cell the other day and Riley was very pregnant. I still would, though. 

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

I'm sure I popped my head in a prisoner's cell the other day and Riley was very pregnant. I still would, though. 

She's dropped it now.

They must have been watching on catch up, all at the taxpayers expense no doubt.

On a serious note, the authorities must be bricking it that the illness could make its way into your work?

A closed population, no chance of being isolated, staff who have no option to sit out for 2 weeks, and a captive audience, excuse the pun, who would play up a common cold to see a different four walls, even temporarily.

Nightmare, treading on eggshells stuff.

Right, peak insanity is very close.

At my factory we have just been briefed to do a thorough Return to Work (RTW) interview with everybody who has been off on holiday. We have always done one for absence but HR have decided we have to complete them for holidays now, 

Sounds sensible, if someones had a week off, ask them if they've been to any of the at risk countries, been in contact with anyone who is self isolating or been in contact with anyone tested etc,etc

Then it gets silly. If someone has one day off in the week, books a days holiday on a Thursday for instance because they are on lates to attend a football match, they must do a RTW interview on their next shift back.

I asked HR today, do we need to do RTW interview for everybody on Monday morning as they've had two days off. Also we have some production lines where people work 3 on 3 off shifts, Engineers who work 4 on 4 off patterns....no thats a normal shift pattern therefore no RTW interview required.

But, but, but, whats the difference between some one having a day off in the week for an appointment, football match, birthday, new cooker being delivered and having two days off because its the weekend?

Answer: because head office have sent a memo out ordering us to do RTW interviews with everybody returning from holiday, even if its one day.

The world won't end due to a virus or nuclear war. It will end because people will one day, collectively, just give up at the futility of it all.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Right, peak insanity is very close.

At my factory we have just been briefed to do a thorough Return to Work (RTW) interview with everybody who has been off on holiday. We have always done one for absence but HR have decided we have to complete them for holidays now, 

Sounds sensible, if someones had a week off, ask them if they've been to any of the at risk countries, been in contact with anyone who is self isolating or been in contact with anyone tested etc,etc

Then it gets silly. If someone has one day off in the week, books a days holiday on a Thursday for instance because they are on lates to attend a football match, they must do a RTW interview on their next shift back.

I asked HR today, do we need to do RTW interview for everybody on Monday morning as they've had two days off. Also we have some production lines where people work 3 on 3 off shifts, Engineers who work 4 on 4 off patterns....no thats a normal shift pattern therefore no RTW interview required.

But, but, but, whats the difference between some one having a day off in the week for an appointment, football match, birthday, new cooker being delivered and having two days off because its the weekend?

Answer: because head office have sent a memo out ordering us to do RTW interviews with everybody returning from holiday, even if its one day.

The world won't end due to a virus or nuclear war. It will end because people will one day, collectively, just give up at the futility of it all.

Half hearted HR policy in my opinion. You should be doing return to work interviews every morning. After all, you don’t know what anybody has been up to during the 12+ hours since you last saw them. Come to think of it, what about lunch hours? 

As you say, the first point seems sensible but the rest is simply the world going mad.

Sith Happens
12 hours ago, 1of4 said:

With all the bog paper also being sold out, does that mean more people are starting to wipe their arse.

After the recent images of Boris showing us how to wash our hands im just glad we dont get to see him showing us how to wipe our arses.

Sith Happens
Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Saw something today about the government potentially limiting attendance at sporting events to 500 people.

Jesus Christ, can you imagine the debate on here about who deserves to go to the games. 

We will be ok.....im sure with Mels knowledge of loopholes he will work out a way we can submit our attendance on 88 minutes.

11 hours ago, Norman said:

Always knew she was a wrong-un?. Eyes of a killer. 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Saw something today about the government potentially limiting attendance at sporting events to 500 people.

Jesus Christ, can you imagine the debate on here about who deserves to go to the games. 

I think that implies no fans ?

Archived